GramTorino Garage

3 gallon buckets instead of 5 multi air pump run up to 8 buckets per pump !

2 Likes

I had to watch the full scene. Dig Sam

3 Likes

I 3D print my mason jar lids so I can put humidistats right into them. I do have some check valves and aquarium line here, I think I have a new project… Slight modification to the lid should easily deal with input / output lines.

3 Likes

amazing idea. perfect for the small grower run input line to bottom of jar forcing air through jar into the exhaust valve

3 Likes

Printing now :smiley: lol gimme a little over an hour… I need more checkvalves though, only found two of em here.

3 Likes

For monitoring during cure…I drop one of these temp/rh sensors into each.

Writeup

6 Likes

how big are those sensors? I Like the app side of it and the fact you can have 8 sensors…

Hmm… wonder if they integrate with home assistant… need to look into that now…

edit: they have something for the weather station! thats promising… monitor tents AND cure in one place? sign me up :smiley: (I can automate the burping with switches in HA as well)…

1 Like

I use these. Love em.
I just walk up to the bucked and refill my jar. I write what’s in it with china-marker (grease pencil) on the outside and have a Bodeva pack rated up to 1lb inside there with a little hygrometer.

I never turned back after almost pulling a LB off of 1 Gelato 33 and getting annoyed at all the jar burping.

3 Likes

Jinxed myself. This humidity was not playing nice with bed adhesion… And I forgot the firmware on the printer I sent to doesn’t have “change filament” option enabled, so its one color (the overgrow logo should have been white).

Ordered 32 check valves tonight :smiley:

12 Likes

i will end up making a couple of them. and leave in the basement like a wine celler eventually haha

2 Likes

you know you should find a way to get that into the market asap and make some fast cash. 5 lids for 20 bucks “without” humidity meter lol

now i wanna get those huge pickle jars and get a few made for those lol

3 Likes

Very nice!

If you put tape. I use duct tape, on plastics before drilling it help reduce risk or shatter.
:green_heart: :seedling:

2 Likes

Amen! :peace_symbol:
Trim jail is less annoying. Lol

2 Likes

Thanks. I’ll give that a go.

Intermission
I forgot how dangerous outdoor can be.

Heard something B-I-G was happening in the area, hurried over as soon as I could. Looking like a “Show of all Shows” is underway!! CONGRATS!!, continued success, do stay safe, take care, and be well…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

Another tip? run the drill in reverse (especially good for holesaw holes in reservoirs). Same goes for cutting with a circular saw, reverse the blade, its less aggressive and cracks plastic less…

5 Likes

If this is plastic, try using a cheap soldering iron. Gets me the cleanest holes ever!

5 Likes

I prefer step bits to paddle bits when it comes to plastic. :+1::seedling:

9 Likes

Another good piece of advice, I have several in here (one in front of me now actually).

Step Bit - best choice, but get expensive above 1"
Regular drill bit(in reverse) - second best, most common option. Dull is better and must run in reverse to avoid catching an edge.
Paddle bit - worst choice, 99% chance of snagging and cracking. Strictly for wood IMHO
Regular holesaw (in reverse for plastic) - larger holes (1 1/2" or 2" usually but can go up to 6")
Diamond holesaw for glass, but having a glass drilling press is preferred (drill press with suction cup bottom). Any tilt to the bit once you break thru will crack it

4 Likes