GramTorino Garage

i will end up making a couple of them. and leave in the basement like a wine celler eventually haha

2 Likes

you know you should find a way to get that into the market asap and make some fast cash. 5 lids for 20 bucks “without” humidity meter lol

now i wanna get those huge pickle jars and get a few made for those lol

3 Likes

Very nice!

If you put tape. I use duct tape, on plastics before drilling it help reduce risk or shatter.
:green_heart: :seedling:

2 Likes

Amen! :peace_symbol:
Trim jail is less annoying. Lol

2 Likes

Thanks. I’ll give that a go.

Intermission
I forgot how dangerous outdoor can be.

Heard something B-I-G was happening in the area, hurried over as soon as I could. Looking like a “Show of all Shows” is underway!! CONGRATS!!, continued success, do stay safe, take care, and be well…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

Another tip? run the drill in reverse (especially good for holesaw holes in reservoirs). Same goes for cutting with a circular saw, reverse the blade, its less aggressive and cracks plastic less…

5 Likes

If this is plastic, try using a cheap soldering iron. Gets me the cleanest holes ever!

5 Likes

I prefer step bits to paddle bits when it comes to plastic. :+1::seedling:

9 Likes

Another good piece of advice, I have several in here (one in front of me now actually).

Step Bit - best choice, but get expensive above 1"
Regular drill bit(in reverse) - second best, most common option. Dull is better and must run in reverse to avoid catching an edge.
Paddle bit - worst choice, 99% chance of snagging and cracking. Strictly for wood IMHO
Regular holesaw (in reverse for plastic) - larger holes (1 1/2" or 2" usually but can go up to 6")
Diamond holesaw for glass, but having a glass drilling press is preferred (drill press with suction cup bottom). Any tilt to the bit once you break thru will crack it

4 Likes

Thanks for stopping by @misterbee
The positive vibes are much appreciated.

Twisted a couple sticks…

12 Likes

Refreshing my RO filter and turkey bag stash.

I toss the worthless included bag ties.

Twist tightly, fold over, Velcro wrap.

Ecowitt wireless sensors.
Able to set alerting for high rh etc.

6 Likes

Reminding myself to relax on the Calcium.
Even though I am using good coco, these dual-root zone Octo-dealios probably don’t require as much Ca. Less feed exposed to the coco media compared to usual top feed fabric pot.

Hard to resist using Snoops secret sauces. 3 years I’ve resisted! (freebie from local hydro hut)

4 Likes

I whipped up a slightly altered version today with just the holes for the check valves and no hygrometer. Wanna put something in the middle, leaf is kinda obvious found some cartoon leafs I liked, but if I went that route its gotta be something original. Still playing with ideas or some lineart type thing.

Also printed a few more on the other printer that does do the color changes. Added the overgrow logo for fun, but wouldn’t sell em like that (unless OG wanted em for a fundraiser, its not my gig to make $$ off others work). But still wanted to share em here. Checkvalves arrive tomorrow, gotta dig an air pump outta the shed, steal the valve from the lettuce hydro system (got a better way to distribute water anyway), and I’ll be burping multiple jars automatically by tomorrow night.

Any idea how long to run the air pump? I guess longer is better than shorter, you kinda wanna exchange all the air, and a little longer would do that…

9 Likes

i think in that video he goes over his times he keeps air pumo to a timer you can prob do 15 min on 2hrs 45 min off until desired humidity. now is slower better or not ? you will be our guinea pig!! i honestly think this idea if not already being used with jars is going to catch on super super fast… and soon you will see people with 50 2 ounce jars curing their pheno hunts like this

2 Likes

Ms Torino won’t go for this setup in the house. lol

My garage ambient temp / rh can vary. Need to consider actual temp and RH of air pump input/output. And probably don’t want pump pulling in settled Co2 at floor level.

3 Likes

Found out there are videos on the Jacks “learn” web page - Not visible when I use my cell phone. Recent posts, not 6 yrs old!

Yet to watch all of them - this one is very informative

Learn page.
https://www.jacksnutrients.com/learn

Veg and Flower

More how-to-poop for the 10-30-20.

6 Likes

Micro Octodomes for my 2gal fabs. These food bags should do the trick.

8 Likes

Soak n more seeds.
Fems

From an awesome OG member.

12 Likes