GramTorino Garage

Mixing room!

It’s a basement kitchen I used as my darkroom. Now all the darkroom stuff is used for hydroponics :laughing:

My partner knits and crochets stuff for our plants all the time! No pillows though.

5 Likes

finally found this thread back in my rotation! things picking up my coco prediction was wrong i thought it was going to lead the pack lol. that room is going to get packed fast love it!

when are you flipping to 12 12 ?

5 Likes

kinda scared to ask… like what do plants wear??

4 Likes

Ok now I need to know what do plants ware

I know they live rockin blues lol :joy:

4 Likes

Pineapple juice plus sippy cup.

10 Likes

Don’t ya mean pineapple slices in alcohol sippy cup?

And either yer starting them drinking too young, or you’re regressing as you age and need the sippy. Which is it? :rofl:

5 Likes

Just the juice for my cocktail sippy cup. Saving the rings for angel food cake. :waffle:

Hands are never cold using the sippy thermos. No condensation dripping.

And if I pass out, less spillage? :100:

Children’s flew the nest. Just me & Ms Torino

13 Likes

alright, ya sold me on it… But I’m still using my mismatched martini glasses for martinis!

3 Likes

Metal. :metal:

1 Like

Finally getting back to ya…
Not sure @204medismoke

Several in coco are doing lousy at dropping roots because of my early res fill level experimentation. I need to either cull or convert to top-feed.
More than enough plants anyway.
Lol

3 Likes

Reorg. Back to my usual dtw setup…
Trays now back in their pvc raised stands. Still need to connect the gravity drains.

Starting top feed on these 4 bishes.
Leaving them on the Octopups for now. Res catches runoff…manual empty.

Five Octopups remain in the main tray. Plus six top feed plants. Seven if I include the solo cup.

14 Likes

COB dropped into action. Topping as they progress.

These are the naughty girls with little to no roots from the net pot. Now top feed dtw.

15 Likes

@GramTorino , beaultiful plants , without doubt you gonna have a beaultiful flowering!

2 Likes

Appreciate the positive vibes @BERZERK

Overhead height check.

My AC is getting basted by rightmost cob. Doh. I might remove that one cob from the circuit…once I do my homework.

Gobs and gobs of headspace available! :man_facepalming: I’ve said that before and blew it.

13 Likes

I’ll be setting up 4 of these mini octos next week. Waiting on the netpots still.

Did you even consider using the provided wick / stabbing the bottom of the felt pot? I know you went to make mini octos, so more curious than anything if the provided wick is worth anything, or was your focus more towards getting the roots down and into nutrients.

What was the best “setup” so far for you?

6 Likes

Considered it, but like you said I was trying to mimmick Octopot. Now wish I had tested using hydroton like @firehead
His setup worked! Harvested. So I consider his the best setup at the moment.

I’d be curious how the included wick performs.

The key is how to use the wick during the first stage getting roots to drop. Volume of nutes in res etc…

3 Likes

Me too… So I guess I’ll play guinea pig… Have some blueberry clones here that I didnt know what I was gonna do with. One pot with the stock wick. I have hydroton, so one pot with that, gonna have to check out his system. Did he just do the netpot with hydroton, or the whole planter? Was also thinking about a vermiculite / perlite / coco mix… Wondering if a soil mix with the wick would get too wet. Guess I’ll figure it out soon enough!

3 Likes

Promix / Perlite is what many use with success. @Papalag
It’s also what has worked best for me…compared to coco, my native dtw media. Lol

My Promix packed net pots…
For my plants successfully dropping the nice white hangin roots, I also wonder if I will ever be able to fill the res completely…without causing saturation issues above. :crazy_face:

Want to try…
Shallow/shorter net pot.
Or no net pot. Flat across the bottom.
Using flat grid cut from bottom of a net pot. The roots do all the wicking. :man_shrugging:

7 Likes

Gotta love promix! Made my life easier also gram when I tried it.

3 Likes

Hmm… Trying to get together with @Papalag, maybe he can offer in person hints then. I gotta get some promix. Been making my own soil mix for a while, but always up for some experimentation :smiley:

3 Likes