Grateful Dead/JGB Tape Traders Forum

Quick question for the community. Does anyone have access to a shareable file of the Sunshine Daydream movie of 8-27-72?

Here’s a fun one from 7-27-82 at Red Rocks. This is the first night of a three night run. Great energy, song choices and the second set is spacey. Quality AUD > SBD! I had the first set of this show on tape and had always wanted to hear the second. The digital revolution has opened the vault to us all! With the exception of JGB👎

5 Likes

Greek Theater 7-13-84! Love this show! I burned through multiple tapes of this one! As long as I have been listening to this show, I had never heard the Dark Star encore until this video. What! Another magic moment in GD history! I read that as Jerry sang the first verse “Dark Star crashes, pouring its light into ashes” a shooting star streaked across the sky, blowing everyone’s minds!
The Scarlet>Touch>Fire is stellar also!

6 Likes

I got to see the tape vault at the secret Warner Bros. climate controlled building where all their master recordings are held. Got to see Many, many classic master reels there. Van Halen, Fleetwood Mac for example. Stevie Nicks would doodle pictures on the Boxes that hold some of their master recordings.

5 Likes

Ease into your morning brothers and sisters

6 Likes

Love seeing jerry holding acoustic:) queued up, thanks Crunch!

3 Likes

Happy Palm Sunday. Praise Jerry!

5 Likes

Gorgeous!!!

2 Likes

That’s from 3-18-1978. Great set!

5 Likes

Wish the boys had done more shows like this in those later years.

3 Likes

@BarefootAndBlazed has kicked down some killer tunes. I have a few stinky nuggets and plenty more to share. We’re sparking fat J’s of Jerry up in here! PM me your email address for an invite.

6 Likes

Seemed fitting.

7 Likes

the Beacon Theater would always bring out the best in the bands. Tribute shows were done there often, just because it was so intimate.

Always beamed out of the Beacon, like a floppy comet!

this was a great run, just great. and the shows after Jerry’s passing were not as tight, but far more emotional, for sure.

6 Likes

nobody left to…

3 Likes

I’m a huge Allman Brothers fan. I caught them for the first time in '92 in St. Paul, MN with Blues Traveler opening (so of course, John Popper sat in with them). My friends brought in graham crackers that had been dosed with liquid LSD, and my mind was blown!

Happy Bicycle Day (one day late) everybody.

3 Likes
6 Likes
5 Likes
4 Likes
6 Likes

I just found this thread. I only got to see the Dead play live once. It was at the Paramount Theater, Seattle, 9/29/77.

I skimmed through the first part of the thread and jumped to here. I’ll have to go back and relive some of my history. It sure went fast.

That Archive site is cool. I googled the show, and they had it recorded. I haven’t listened to it yet, I was listening to that opening jam on the first post. It’s supposed to be more of a laid back show and some say they seemed tired. Here’s the ln for the heads… sorry if it was already posted.

https://archive.org/details/gd77-09-29

oh yeah, listening to the Franklins Tower jam now, wow, brings back good memories. Summer night in Seattle. peace

6 Likes