Grateful Dead/JGB Tape Traders Forum

Happy Birthday Jerry G!

7 Likes

Gotta say, I’m diggin the hart valley drifters today… great beach day!!

Happy B-day Jerry!

5 Likes
5 Likes

☆DJSF

6 Likes
7 Likes
7 Likes
7 Likes

Just realized that my last 3 posts were all different Jerry projects but were all from 1973. Definitely one of my favorite years. Donna’s wailing can be annoying at times but I love the nimbleness of the band with one drummer. Those jazzy jams just do it for me.

7 Likes
6 Likes

One drummer GD all day!

3 Likes

“To get really high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else. And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe.”

Jerry Garcia aka Captain Trips

196606xx_0076

We love and miss you, Jerry!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY BROTHER!!

☆DJSF

9 Likes
6 Likes
6 Likes

Beautiful!

3 Likes
5 Likes

Always loved this Mission in the Rain:

5 Likes

I hit our local (17th annual) Jerry Bday Bash on Sat > Jerry Sunday > Days Between. That makes for an 11 day holiday :sunglasses:

5 Likes

11 days of Jerry, things could be worse;)

3 Likes

my favorite is Standing on the Moon, but it’s more of an esoteric song for the diehards…not many listeners can hang on for 7mins to get to the good part.

2 Likes

Thanks BeagleZ, I was at that show, probably one of my last shows in a loooong line of them! Was laughing at how young Jerry looks in that thumbnail…until I realized I probably looked pretty young back then too! T’was a magical night in Winterland. It took hours to get in the front door and it wasn’t until you got to them that you realized why…the old guy who had worked as security at the door since the opening night of Winterland was shaking hands with every person that walked through the doors! I remember that just after you passed him there were two girls in yellow raincoats holding spray-mist bottles and misting everyone with acid-laced water! New Riders of the Purple Sage started out the show, then The Blues Brothers and at midnight Bill Graham rode a 10’ papermache joint from the upper balcony to the stage dressed as Father Time and the Dead came on and played until dawn! At 6 am Bill came out and thanked everybody for coming and said they’d serve breakfast to everyone and to stay as long as we wanted, cause it wasn’t his building anymore now! Ahhh the memories!

6 Likes