Grateful Dead/JGB Tape Traders Forum

Not a dick at all, they’re just not for ya. And that’s totally cool. Much love either way

4 Likes

Also I totally understand the whole experience as this was my generation’s shit… lol have many many many friends who adore them… so I’m very familiar. Thanks you guys for not being rude to me as I know my replies were almost confrontational… I assure you all they aren’t… One thing I know about all you dead fans are you are a very peaceful bunch… and I friggin love that!! We could always adopt this style love for each other just because and make the whole world a better place… not just a dead show… so there’s something to be learned from you all

2 Likes

Also thank you too man for being cool in the face of opposition… good peeps u all are !!

3 Likes

Not confrontational, just debating let’s call it. You’ve got many valid points too. I find most music that’s performed well, heartfelt and genuine very transcendental. I just have to be in the mood for that genre at the time. But for me anytime could also be Grateful Dead time :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

4 Likes

:joy: gotta play nice now

5 Likes

I agree… I just wish the industry would allow musical freedom… but unfortunately not the case… otherwise you’d have much more music that was quality… as well as transcendent… shows like you remember where people are all like family… I suppose this site is closest thing to that at the moment If you think about it… in a different form… but same togetherness kind of… ya know?

2 Likes

You’re spot on. You can find that comradery and love anywhere people from different walks of life can put aside differences and get along. Especially when they have something in common to unite them

3 Likes

Not butt-hurt. Sorry if that’s what you were looking for.
Just not worth a debate comparing tool to the dead.
No offense taken, It’s just not contributing to the content this thread is for

7 Likes

Let’s get this back on track y’all…

8 Likes

Here u all go :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

As a guitarist, and deadhead since the 80’s, I assume you’ve never been phil bombed-

They were all talented musicians…

9 Likes

Dude! This totally sucks! I started this thread as a place for us all to come and celebrate, not have to defend ourselves and the lives we’ve made. Now I feel like this dude has sullied our little corner. Would you please just leave bud! I hate that I have to be a dick on my Sunday.

4 Likes

Apologies for having to clean up some of the pointless bickering.
This is not a thread in which to argue about musical preferences.

9 Likes

Thank you!

3 Likes

St Stephen!!!

3 Likes

LOLOLOL

I remember my first time hearing Phil sing during a show-

Everyone went wild, and I was scratching my head…

At the time, I was just a guitar player. I thought my voice just didn’t sound good enough to sing. But after hearing Phil, I figured I didn’t sound that bad after all-

8 Likes

Yes and sorry bro… no… I meant nothing to defend yourself about … have a good day

1 Like

Some nice Brent/Jerry jam going down now!
No power chords involved :wink:

5 Likes

Sunday Service. JGB 11-23-77 Waterbury Ct.
https://youtu.be/S4kqQbKJfoM

7 Likes

Quality family entertainment right there

4 Likes