Grateful Dead/JGB Tape Traders Forum

Wave to the wind! Always a good time for a pissbreak :yawning_face:

3 Likes

I’m in.

Got on the bus in '89 and saw Jerry ~40 times between Alpine 89 and Soldier Field 95. I keep Jerry Sunday Holy, meaning no GD. Legion of Mary, Reconstruction, Jerry & Merl, JGB etc. I get plenty of GD M-F :sunglasses:

My desert island Jerry tape?
5-21-75 Legion of Mary @ Keystone
Set 1
That’s a Touch I Like
I Feel Like Dynamite
Last Train From Poor Valley
Finders Keepers
Tough Mama
That’s What Love Will Make You Do

Set 2
I’ll Take a Melody
You Can Leave Your Hat On
Mississippi Moon
The Harder They Come
Creepin’
How Sweet It Is (To Be Loved by You)

JerToke

If cassettes are too high-tech for you, dig it here:

10 Likes

Couldn’t get the playable thumbnail

1 Like

Nice, got some trimming to get thru this afternoon… queued up!!
Thanks for sharing!!

40 times!!! More than a little envious

4 Likes

They were definitely, definitely talented musicians. Tribute bands can’t reproduce the nuanced playing but nice that they try. Also very progressive, combining musical styles and exploring and weaving atonal, dissonant sounds in to their arrangements seamlessly. Absolutely great music and great that there is so much out there to be listened to. Even the dustiest, rustiest old recording has tonnes of character.

They encouraged people to record and share their concerts. That is sort of philanthropic and not adhering to main stream systems we mostly all live by. It unites people who can see that in the Dead.

The camaraderie it inspired in my group of friends. All we wanted to do was trip and smoke weed and sing along to the Dead. That was a sweet time we took for granted. Gives me a lump in my throat remembering and then Jerry plays a solo… hehe.

9 Likes

4/17/1971 is rocking my world right now.

10 Likes

Well ya know, Crunch, there’s alway one that has to “ruin it for everyone else”. We’re still here and will continue to post the stuff this was actually meant for.

7 Likes

yup, still here, there, everywhere a human walks, there is a deadhead. all walks of life have been drawn into their world.

truth be told, i was dragged to my first show, did not enjoy it, and never stopped listening to them :open_mouth:

7 Likes

I know its not Jerry, but I also have a space in my heart for reggae and this tribute form Burning Spear after Jerry passed always makes me smile.
Happy Monday yall!!

9 Likes

I love Burning Spear and have seen them/him several times. They covered Estimated Prophet on one of those Dead tribute albums.

6 Likes

New interview with Bobby:

7 Likes

I mail ordered tickets for Spring '93 from GDTS. Oh, that ritual of going to the post office to obtain money orders with immaculately prepared envelopes. Here are the unused tickets from the show that was canceled due to the Blizzard Of The Century

Stubs from the other nights of that run

11 Likes

I was at those Rosemont shows w/ you :sunglasses:

7 Likes

What did you think of the Ken Nordine sit-in? I had been listening to the album he released on Grateful Dead Records with Jerry & Grisman backing him, so I was delighted when he popped up on stage. I never imagined I’d get to see a guy doing Word Jazz for 18,000 crazy fans!

3 Likes

That’s right! Ken Nordine. Man, I was spun and loved it!

4 Likes

Morning fellow Deadheads. In case you need a vast collection of Dead shows to check out here is the Grateful Dead file on Archive.org. They got a decent Billy Strings file too along with loads of other stuff. Enjoy some or all 16,008 Dead uploads and happy Tuesday :v::green_heart::bulb:
Internet Archive: Digital Library of Free & Borrowable Books, Movies, Music & Wayback Machine

8 Likes

Does anyone remember calling the GD hotline to find out about upcoming shows? Anyone remember the number by heart?

5 Likes

Was it 800-CAL-DEAD???

Some non-Dead/JGB, but related stubs:

I better stop there…

8 Likes

Been stuck in the late 80’s for a minute now. JFK Stadium, Philly 7/7/89 :v::green_heart::bulb:

6 Likes

Hey here’s something cool I was gifted from some deadheads. I love the dead…

8 Likes