Grateful Dead/JGB Tape Traders Forum

7 Likes

Been a great Summer, hope to get back in here more often as things cool down…

7 Likes

Have a great Friday everyone !

6 Likes

Bbbbbbrrrrruuuuuccceeeee!!! Hometown boy does good!! Mornin’ @ThirdStone !

3 Likes

Mornin’ Y’all,

6 Likes

I had to fill out a back to school sheet for my oldest son. After I dated it I noticed that I had written 8-25-91. Ha!

6 Likes

Morning y’all! The day has arrived! Enjoy!!

7 Likes

Thanks so much for those, @CrunchBerries!

It’s funny, one of the links is titled “Old Renaissance Faire Grounds.” The first couple of years, what is now the Oregon Country Fair was billed as a Renaissance Faire. The Ren Faire in California sued and forced the name change. For the better, IMO.

4 Likes

Missed adding the Dark Star> El Paso!

7 Likes

@mota

6 Likes

Even with the new bar vs pip, I’m still outta likes! HA!

Thank you, @CrunchBerries! I worked security at that show and had a bad tooth. I’ve told the story before, so I won’t rehash it. I will say it was a great fucking time!

That was the Oregon Field Trip show, colloquially known as the Decadence concert, since it had been a decade since the Grateful Dead had played on the Country Fair property. I gave my staff t-shirt to my son. It remains in pristine condition.

They played in essentially the same place on the property both times. That area is now known as the Dead Lot. It’s the farthest on-site parking from the Country Fair’s entrance. You don’t want to park there and have to pack all your shit into the fair proper and then out again. It’s also where towed cars go, and lots of vehicles get towed.

6 Likes

Nice! That tshirt is super cool!! This image has been burned into my mind. Before the internet this was all I had to visually reference this show!

6 Likes

Veneta, my favorite Dark Star and Bird Song !!

giphy

7 Likes
6 Likes

Another reason why I love 85!!

5 Likes
4 Likes

Never heard this show before. Dawg and David Nelson on mandolin. Yes please!!!

7 Likes
4 Likes

Love this show!!

6 Likes

Morning everyone! Have a happy Friday!

6 Likes