Grow Diary -Wicked Widow by Sensible Seeds

Chopped. took 4 gallons of filtered water and squeezed a whole lime in it. In a five gallon bucket I submerged each plant for about 10-12 minutes and then rinsed them under the sprayer with cold water. They are now air drying once dry to the touch I will hang to dry the rest of the way. I don’t have enough fridge space to do it that way though I prefer that when drying. When dry enough to jar I will take a weigh in since there won’t be much weight loss at that point.

Sure does smell good atm :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Congrats! Let me know how she smokes after.

Did you trim wet or dry?

2 Likes

It’s wet and I only chopped and hung after the wash.

Bottom branch on one broke free and required it’s own hanger.

5 Likes

Maybe I’ll hang mine this time around. I did a wet trim and straight into a paper bag for 6days.

I’m still curing and this weekend should be 2 weeks since I’ve put them in jars.

Is what you did called a water cure? Would like to read up on that method if so. Kinda afraid to do it though lol

Mine tasted better the longer it cured. but then I didn’t get past a month before I was into the last jar.

negative. totally different I have seen it and talked to some who did it. but no xp myself. I gather it removes a lot of flavor and smell at the least. Unless your smoke is too harsh or you want to reduce smell I wouldn’t even.

2 Likes

This batch was at around 11 weeks from the flip almost and was really frosty.

The nugs were nicely swollen.

And the yield for the 2 plants was 116.40 and a pint jar of sugar leaf shake.

Will report again on this in a month to taste the cure.

The cloned plants in the second go round did not veg as long or as well as the mother and it is reflected in the numbers. I am quite happy with yield under the circumstances though. The clones would have benefited from another 2 weeks in more intense light while vegging.

Near a gram/watt though…

8 Likes

Well done, looks dank!

5 Likes

Looks like you have it dialed in now.

The worms help a lot, they breed fast as well, I put 4 each in 12 of my 10 gal pots, 6 months ago, and the other day I got 20 out of one pot and put another 4, in 5 other empty ones, with still a load left. They love avocado its like an aphrodisiac for them. You can probably get away with keeping the bulbs that close with the diffusers on, mine would be causing damage that close without them.

3 Likes

Was my thought. Too many variables at the moment. If I knew the stretch and plants maybe.

They also love the inside scrapings of those pumpkins. I fed them melon rind too. Just haven’t been able to sustain things. I think I am ready. I’ll get some more worms shipped soon.

4 Likes

I gave mine some, half a large water melon the other week, its pretty much gone now. I don’t eat pumpkin so they will only get that on Halloween lol.

4 Likes

So we got back to them and told them of the problem and that we waited to see if any would spawn from cocoons …nothing. They are reshipping. We will see.

4 Likes

I’m glad their helping out let me know how it ends up!

4 Likes

Will do. I had a small issue come up and lost continuity here. Seems to be taken care of. So apparently the worms have shipped and since they are just 75 miles away might be here today.

Meanwhile…the Mom plant…I need to take a few of these and learn to do the bonzai mom thing.

Meanwhile I could get this in flower pretty soon but would like to have a male to seed some pollen to it,

5 Likes

Worms arrived and went into the bin. It’s a 20 gallon felt pot I had already prepped. Checked and moistened the soil this AM and everything should be great. They were a little dry on arrival but were still wiggling so in they went. A little of the moist material was used to cover.

The outside of the pot was shoveled from the compost tumbler a month ago and the inner circle was a couple of bricks of coco coir I had moistened in a bucket. Cardboard cover to keep the light out and they are now home sweet home.

2 Likes

How many worms did you put in the pot, I put 4 in my 10 gal pots and within 4 months I had about 20 plus in each.

3 Likes

Supposed to be 250 in a 20 gallon felt pot. I have it on 1 x 2 wood strips and the whole thing is in one of those plastic liners sized for the pot. I’ll get a pic up and post it over on TinyTutle’s worm bin thread.

4 Likes

Took 4 clones from the Mom today.

Have one clone at about 3rd week in flower and have fertilized her with some SSDD pollen from a stinky big leaf pheno. Went back at it with a q-tip 3 times to be sure. Looking forward to what that cross will yield.

3 Likes

Smoke report-

So this was a single fem seed purchase and after growing and smoking two separate harvests I can say it is a pleasure to have this plant. The plant was easy to train and stacked pistils well into the 8th week of flower. She has a pleasant sweet but subtle scent and smooth smoke when cured with plenty of potency. I gave out samples to two individuals to taste. One commented it was stronger than he usually consumed; the other grinned and said ‘nice’.

It is not a couch lock high if taken at peak; even taken at 10+ weeks she was not couch lock initially.

I would definitely buy these again though it was an otc sale of a single fem seed it was the best purchase I made to date; since it was $13 and the two others totaled over $100 and have yet to yield anything. One of which never will.

3 Likes

Almost lost all the clones of this plant. At one point was ready to throw them out. Instead I up potted the two and cleared away any dead root mass. I had flushed several times and the leaves were dropping and yellowing…I thought it was gone. The up pot was a last resort.

So here we are about 3 weeks later. Probably flower the first one out and take clones from the second.

4 Likes

That’s so gnarly the lower part of that plant looks like a stalk of broccoli…

1 Like