Grow Diary -Wicked Widow by Sensible Seeds

Wicked Widow by Sensible Seeds.

Wicked Widow Feminized Marijuana Seeds by Sensible Seeds Premium Selection: The Wicked Widow Cannabis strain comes from the White Widow family…probably one of the most famous strains ever to exist and Sensible Seeds are proud to have it in our collection. No-one is exactly sure her origins though it is said she come from a Brazilian sativa landrace and an indica hybrid from India and perfected in the mountains of Kerala to produce the mythical Legend that she is today.

Wicked Widow likes lots of sun but can be grown in colder Northern climates so long as it gets enough light. Light watering and fertilization will make sure it avoids mold / mildew and will keep its unique taste. It is suitable for sea of green (SOG) and screen of green (SCROG) setups and changing light cycle to 8 hours during the final 2 weeks of flowering will prevent regrowth of buds. Stressing it will also induce better resin coverage though even without it will still produce fat buds dripping in white trichomes. High yields, High THC, quick flowering and easy to grow…no wonder this temptress has stood the test of time!

The effects from smoking The Wicked Widow can give a trippy, cerebral high which is euphoric and uplifting…magical even. The taste is fresh and woody; almost pine like with a hint of citrus.

Beware Wicked Widow allure… her charm spell is powerful!

Features

Sex: Feminized

Type: 50% Indica / 50% Sativa

Grow: Indoor/Outdoor

Flowering Type: Photoperiod

Flowering Time: 8 to 9 weeks

Outdoor Harvest: October

Yield: Indoor: 500 to 550g/m2 – Outdoor: up to 600g/plant

Height: Indoor: 60 to 100cm – Outdoor: 140 to 180cm

THC: Very High 22%

CBD: Medium

Genetics: White Widow S1

Medicinal Properties: Medium

Medical Conditions: Stress, appetite enhancer, pain relief, Insomnia and depression

Taste/Flavour: Woody Pine, Citrus

Effect: Happy, Euphoric, Uplifting

Grow Difficulty: Novice (Easy)

White Widow is an IBL though in this case I only had fem seed so…

Early in it was clear this was a vigorous plant. Node spacing was almost non-existent. I started her under a Cree BR-30 100W and at about 20/4 Node spacing was about 6 nodes in 2 inches. I backed off to 18/6 Didn’t see any difference.

Cabinet internally- 36" W x 16" D x 30" H

Then the flip and running 12/12 she flowered quickly but I had been moving the timer that way a bit at a time. over 2 weeks.

I didn’t top but bent her over and attempted to steer…she would have little of it she was so tightly noded.

I did eventually top and let the girl have 2 weeks exactly before the flip.While dropping the lighting hours to 13/11 for a week and then to 12/12

23 Likes

:smile: LOL

I had a “cabbage” plant this winter & tossed it because it was just node on top of node… heh

:evergreen_tree:

6 Likes

Crazy branching, the buds should be really nicely stacked!

6 Likes

@cannabissequoia “I had a “cabbage” plant this winter & tossed it because it was just node on top of node… heh”

The clones aren’t much better about it. Solution was to move the damn things about 2 feet from the light till I could get it trained some.

@beacher “Crazy branching, the buds should be really nicely stacked!”

Here she is with an led shining in a way to highlight the buds

Pictured here with a couple of clones in training and some other things.

So from the one plant I harvested and dried and weighed 66.5 grams of bud. There was some that never touched a scale but there are no pictures so it didn’t happen…pictures?

Oh I had forgotten about those two branches I was testing fridge drying out with…They didn’t get weighed then. Too wet.
So this was very good smoke. The two clones are in the cabinet now and I hope to actually get a quarter pound this time. About 5 weeks to harvest I think. Will add some more to this thread later.

14 Likes

Are WW usually bushy? My first attempt at growing I lucked out and got a bush, and I also did some LST, I regret it ever day…shut haunts me at night.

Reason I’m asking is I just sprouted a WW and I’ll chop her if she’ll be bushy. I’m not ready for it lol

Looking forward to following along.

2 Likes

@ cdnBuddy
A lot depends on your environment. The reason that plant was so bushy was because I bought a Moffett lamp at auction and put a spot led bulb u
on it at 5000K I wanted to get everything I could so I didn’t worry too much about it. If your light is far enough away it should be okay.
It is definitely a hybrid vigor plant. Most of the seeds you buy today should be the same way vigorous and bushy. Unless you are buying landrace strains.

6 Likes

Super nice man! Well done!

3 Likes

I’ll be sure to keep my lights a tad bit further. I wonder if that was my problem, that my first go I had the lights too close from the start. My second plant…now she looks great!

5 Likes

So after the harvest I did some work on the cabinet and it now has better spread across the top.

At first the 2 clones shared space with a seeded Mom I have. More on that later. :slight_smile:
Since moved. She had a tent of mites on that top cola so I hosed her in the sink with the sprayer and put her out in the cold for a bit. It was harsh but I have to get the mites under control.

I am battling them constantly and can do nothing about it really except war until summer and my wife gets all her plants out of the house. In the meantime I use cold water alternated with diatomaceous earth. I have other things I am doing to address it… put a small lavender and a small rosemary plant in yesterday. Will be making a pest spray with a few leaves of each later.

I’ll get a new pic up some time later today and that should bring everyone up to date on current widows. Well except I have a huge Mom to take clones from at anytime.I’ll take a pic of her too. :slight_smile:

Edit: spelling

7 Likes

May I suggest getting your wife to put MORE PLANTS in the house?!

:laughing:

4 Likes

So here is a today pic. They are about f25 or so I quit counting days this time.I can look at the pistils and tell if even need a loupe to see yet. Besides with the mites I have a loupe on it every day anyway.

You need to get in a bit closer to see the damage. The leaves look as though there is some kind of deficiency and I think growers that don’t know see this and think something wrong but not pests. Get a loupe and look! If that leaf is twisting and there are fuzzies on the edge of that leaf…

They can be as innocuous as a little bit of frost that appears just a tad out of place on a leaf.

6 Likes

Ouch. Really though it doesn’t seem to be affecting them too much, so you should be able to finish them out ok. Great training also!

What are those banks of three sockets running down the left and right sides?

4 Likes

@beacher the lights are just power strips with plugin adapters to turn them into sockets. It was easy to build in a manner that allowed adding in later. At some point in this year I hope to actually acquire a taller cabinet and fit it with a nice f-strip system maybe.

The lights daisy chain from one strip to the next and back to the timer. There are two power circuits since the 2 fans run 24/7 Nothing else there. I do have the one 4x4 junction box with the light cover on it but it goes back to the timer. .

4 Likes

@beacher Here is a better look at the lights

4 Likes

So the “MotherPlant”, a pregnant clone and the dude we are after for child support. The 3 in the solo cups are witnesses for the court.

As is clear he has been neutered though it is rumored these things may recover and he could be among the ladies frolicking free with their favors at any time.

10 Likes

Thanks, I’ve never seen those they look handy. Nice looking preggo lady there!

4 Likes

Do you have issues with those plugs falling off? I’ve heard people using zip ties or super glue on those…

6 Likes

Nah. It’s about vibration and they are light. If they were warm enough perhaps. Or the bulb heavier maybe. I did notice from my pics that a couple had dropped a fraction of an inch and pushed them back. I have never had one fall. And if it was loose I can pinch them in or replace the socket for about 2 dollars.

3 Likes

IME, only the heaviest ones are a problem. Cheapo brands are much lighter than Cree which feels like an anchor. I was thinking of fishing line.

One of mine fell, had latent :zap: juice & shorted & popped when it hit the soil surface. I’ve blown them with clothing & the reflective bubble stuff. :blush:

5 Likes

True this. I have about 6 of the 5000K’s and 6 of the 2700k’s in various places. I had no Cree 2700k’s the first flower those are recent. I have about 6 3000k bulbs in that mix the rest are 2700k’s only 2 in the cabinet are the Cree’s

3 Likes