Grow fabrication

If your looking to build a true injection mold the size of the mold would need to be quite large for this size of a final product - your initial cost of steel would be high.

Production volumes for tool shops are light due to automotive models launches being pushed out. If your serious now would be a good time before they ramp up again and prices go up.

To get a shop to build this for you I would guess your looking at a minimum of 100k usd. The tolerances youd need would be low, but the steel for the cavity and core would be 50k easy not including labour, flow design/engineering and their profit on the tool.

2 Likes

Ouch…i was thinking bout using some kind of fire clay mix.

You know, use a 3d printer make the parts. Then make injection molds from fire clay.

Then use paypal with insurance shipping to offset any production costs.

But this style of Hempy isn’t the only one i have planned.

Very easy to do.

1 Like

Hmmm…anyone still use SPT from blue mountain organics? They had that PayPal page.

…found this
https://www.angelfire.com/ar2/tts/bmospt.html

Yeah man that SPT was some great stuff. There could even be purpose built mixes with 10% worm castings and all the benificials you need to keep going. :cowboy_hat_face::gem::butterfly:

:wink::gem::gem::gem::wink:

“Planet Plantea”

Anyone interested in manufacturing some buckets…???

OG only, paypal. Ie: no vendors or distributors…just a simple paypal link, oh and of course a overgrow donation.

I want to reiterate that the basic bucket design is but one design… Big things in the future…

:smiley:

The difference between a Krusty and a hempy is with hempys there are no moving parts, no need for a reservoir" and the media has the unique ability to become super colonized by benificials. Further, in a large enough pot you can keep a plant indefinitely.

2 Likes

For the 2 years I grew with KFB’s, I’m not sure what moving parts your speaking of in the buckets
The sunken reservoir (30 feet away) has a pump, and I did pump air (40 feet away) to a manifold I made in the grow room), so you are correct concerning working parts in the whole system.
Perlite or lava rocks, coco coir husks/chips are the or is a passive reservoir, and all 3 are flat out fantastic for Beneficial’s, IMHO. Hell I still use them today in fact.
I was just curious to your double bucket idea, and trying to wrap my old brain around it. I do think it’s worth some thought time.

Well i see the double bucket first as an insulator; warm when cold and cool when hot. With this design in mind, it is easy to envision the second wall as a outer res.

Ya know, if it were to work, you could even have a mesh insert simulating an air pot.

Sell it on the side. :wink:

Is this similar to what you’re wanting to build

2 Likes

I can’t really tell but I think that’s just a single walled bucket thats extended on the side to make adding nutes etc easier. Cool idea for sure though, it would be really easy to grow one monster dwc plant in that.

Also $39, so $35 for a unique hempy design doesn’t seem that unreasonable.

No I don’t think so from what I read…:grin:.
But, let me try to be a little more clear. The “original” bucket would be exactly like a standard hempy but double walled for insulation. If the grower wanted, they could simply drill a hole (or pop out the plug) to turn the double wall into a small “res” and add a drain/fill tube if wanted. The only flaw I see with this is the water in the double wall would be cooled (or warmed) by bare ground.

1 Like

I see, but then couldn’t you only fill the outer bucket to the height you wanted the inner at? Like if you filled the outer all the way and there was a hole between them in it would flood the inner bucket until the depth was equal…I think?

Could be the orange sunshine talking lol

1 Like

Yes that would be true if only a hole was drilled between the 2.

In a 2 piece plastic bucket, there would need to be a support between the 2 pieces. This support could be used to partition the double bucket so thT it can only be filled to the fill line.

The partition could also be used as a screw lock holding the 2 parts together.

1 Like