Grow room security

Hi all overgorwers,

In todays day and age, I would like you all to share how you go about setting up security for your own grows and homes regardless of if you grow at home or in a rented off site place.

This is something that should be placed in a sticky section @teamovergorw.

General security and awareness.

If you are growing something that others may want to steal, or are showing what you have on forums, and general tips like not giving your address out to people etc.

How you go about getting your equipment into the grow area.

What precautions you take when visiting grow shops.

The general do’s and dont’s for growers regardless of if you are in a legal state or a country that its not legal.

Basic common sense should be applied.

If you have any good links to sites or videos on youtube etc that provide this type of info please place them in this thread.

Happy and safe growing.

5 Likes

This is a great idea, me as a noob, would like to know more about this too…!

2 Likes

smscom offer a wide range of grow and security equipment.

http://www.smscom.eu/epages/78178256.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=Categories

http://www.smscom.eu/epages/78178256.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/78178256/Categories/Producten/Alarmsystemen

https://www.spyshop.co.uk/

http://www.which.co.uk/reviews/burglar-alarms-and-home-security/article/burglar-alarms-and-home-security/home-cctv

http://www.which.co.uk/reviews/burglar-alarms-and-home-security/article/burglar-alarms-and-home-security/do-burglar-alarms-and-cctv-work-burglar-secrets-revealed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InJHDLNCRzc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-mU77Pie44

http://www.generac.com/for-homeowners/home-backup-power

2 Likes

Rule #1 never order seeds to your grow addresss…
Prevent smell…
Design grow area so it doesn’t shine on thermal scan…
Never ever sell or distribute…
Don’t show to friends…

4 Likes

With regard to smell, obviously carbon filters are used by most growers, but they only work as long as the fan they are connected to is running. Its not such a big problem in europe having power cuts but I understand in other parts of the world it is a big problem.

How many of you have a back up generator, becuase if lights fail due to power cut the humidity rises quickly and the smell starts to ooze out. Ihave listed some sites that provide larger scale static ones for homes and business’s.

Maybe if people use or have one a link would help and info of what capacity the generator will run.

For most that dont know its better to leave the lights of and turn on again atthe normal time they come on, but the power is still required to runthe fan so your filter is working etc.

Any thoughts recomendations from those that suffer regular power outages??

What is your protocol for a power cut/outage??

As far as stealing, and posting pics , let em know it won’t be easy. Unless your ready to take it to that level don’t. I was joking, but I’m personally not holding back on anyone climbing through my window at night or coming through my door and yes. Because I have all the plants for my patient home. And mine , I’m a patient and a caregiver… I do wear my gear quite often and my boy who grows and shares with me , we’ll. He’s a few streets over and we’ll we’ve got radios at all times. I am prepared to die protecting my family. I don’t think I’ll be doing any dying though…I’d honestly let em take the plant. Fuck it. Who cares I can grow it again. But only If im alone at home when it / if happens. If my kids are home all bets are off … Sit on the stairs like this a few times and no one comes near your house . Let em know your not just some pothead…lol. jk but I’m not.

1 Like

Let em see ya like this on the porch a few times. They keep it rolling. There’s someone easier out there to get. Most thieves are cowards and maggots anyway.

2 Likes

I’d keep on walking if I’d seen that!

1 Like

LOL Do you need a vest for protection form the plants themselves or do you have a pest problem.

Sorry couldn’t resist that one vest pest.

Unfortuneatley the bud burglars i’m aware of would not be bothered by such things, its how they would go out to do their job etc. I know of a few that are X military, they use the tools of the trades, night vision goggles, lock picks, just to mention a few etc.

It got to be a real problem in the UK that the Chinese and Vietnamese gangsters were using techniques of wiring door and window handles to the mains live electricity and such things.

Only the muppets as I call them are going after the smaller growers, as you refer to them as the cowards etc. Your right they dont have the intelectual power to grow themselves and only think of the next hit they can get from a small grow to pay for their habbits usually cocaine etc.

The real deal serious grow room burglars are a lot more proffesional in the methods and techniques they use and weapons of choice. There was a team that used to buy X police vehicles, hire fancy dress police uniforms etc and high vis jackets, go to the places and pretend to arrest the growers and confiscate the bud and equipment etc, then just leave them sat in the handcuffs and drive off.

I made this as a serious thread, for example what do you do in event of a power cut to keep your fans/filters running ?

How do deal with the lights going off, and interfering with the timing/timers light cycle etc?

Got to love your gardening uniform though. :grinning:

1 Like

I know some people using generators for a grow. It would not seem practical for a whole grow. But if you just wanna keep your fans going until you can get back into the power grid like @MadTruka is saying, I’d look into some solar panels and try to make some of your power bill back. It don’t take much to power fans. Not for me any way. But I know where I live if I hear a generator pop on it sparks my interest. But if it’s in the norm by all means. But if you’re grid is that messed up you shouldn’t try to be growing there.
Security is a very important thing. I’ve seen “never get busted”. The guy that’s teaching you some of the different tactics is an ex Agent of some sort. But the NUMBER ONE RULE is Do Not Talk About Fight Club. Yea I just went there. If you have not told anyone and you get caught up, then you need to reassess how you are going about doing things. It’s hard sometimes to do things without people knowing what your doing. Like asking a buddy if you can get something mailed to his place. I’ve got a partner in crime that wouldn’t say anything to someone, even if he just saw me talking to that somebody about it.
SMELL omg, I don’t even want to get started. Smell has been enemy number one for me for, well since I started growing. I know that certain strains smell more or less then others. Right now I’m working on Blue Mystic. From NIRVANA. It’s a smaller plant that is lighter in the smell area, so they say. I’ll keep you posted. But there smell products that are out there and in different forms. The Ona spray works for pets, and smoke. Ona has cards, gels, and liquids. If anyone has used anything like this I would like to know how good it works for a grow. Anyone that knows anything about Mj. is that the smell of a grow is different from the smell of the smoke. The closest I’ve gotten caught was cause of the smell.

1 Like

Here is a link to a product that also removes smells /odours, but not to be used in the presence of humans.

I know people that do use generators to supply elecrtic for their complete growrooms from start to finish.

Solar power, depends on the setup of your inverter, some allow for 1 socket to continue to run power to the proeprty if there is a power cut, but the main supply that feeds back into the grid is turned off in the event of a power cut.

1 Like

Yea I was looking at ozone generators for quite some time. But the whole not human friendly thing always freaked me out. The smallest one was for up to 5000 cubic feet. That seems like over kill. Maybe one day. I was looking at the Ona dispenser fan, yet once again 5000 square feet. I only grow at most 3 plants at once. But better be safe than sorry. There is no cutting corners when it comes to your freedom. You know what makes ozone generators so harmful? Over exposure time while it’s running? I never talked to anyone that actually used them. Thanks @MadTruka

I live in a dead end street, at the very end of it, and the communty here is organized. If a car goes in the street everybody wonders who they are, and depending on the neighbor that sees them, they come out and start questioning the people, if they don’t cooperate, then we take a picture of them and it’s sent to the Whatsapp group for the people of the street and we have all agreed to sound the alarm (we all have a switch at each home) and everybody comes out, it’s happened twice before, Shotguns, pistols, machete, even a pickaxe this one guy brought one time… I never seen anybody run so hard in my life, fuck Usain Bolt… An if that doesn’t work, this might…

I chose this weapons cos’ if they come at night, i won’t have to bother calling the cops or waking up the neighbors with a loud sound of a Remington 870 Marine stashed at home. Just get rid of the bodies later. Nobody will hear a sound with a crossbow!, I mean the guy getting shot at won’t hear it, just feel it…

I just ordered a CCTV system that records remotely via HTTP, and locally in a HD.

Talk about paranoid!

3 Likes

Yea like I said I’ve heard of people using generators for whole grows. Are they used to charge a power bank? Or run them 24/7

1 Like

@Anavrin A smaller version avialble here, may be they have them in a shop near you?

http://www.growell.co.uk/fans-filters-environment/plug-in-ozone-generator.html

And another 1

http://www.growell.co.uk/fans-filters-environment/odour-control/hydrozone.html?nosto=nosto-page-product1

100m3

1 Like

Just get an Ionic one then…

1 Like

Love it.

NO paranoid is only if you have nothing to worry about. Legitimate worry is not paranoia.

If you need advice on building a koi pond, they require a concrete base :wink: Just get a bit creative with the re-bar concrete reinforcement bar.

I have my own prison cell in my back garden, if anyones caught they can go in the 8m x 4m run lock em in and let the dogs in with them, feeding time:grin:

2 Likes

No the freind in question uses a deisel generator that runs 18 x 1000w hps plus the fans etc

It is located in an industrial unit, the exhuast is vented up through the roof with a car exhaust silencer atatched.

It runs 24/7 using red deisel no tax on red deisel.

1 Like

Haha, ok Daryl chill out.
But for real your little street from hell sounds awesome. I wish I lived in it. So everyone gets a heads up. Y’all got like a motion sensor that let’s y’all know when someone is coming up ur street?

1 Like

That sounds like “Snatch” setting the dogs on poor “Tyrone” by Bricktop…

2 Likes