Growing on the cheap! Korean Natural Farming

Read above​:wink::rofl:

2 Likes

Yeah I’ve kept LABS in the fridge for well over a year and it’s still active

5 Likes

Thank you! How can you tell the microbes are still active?

2 Likes

I’ve got a lot of that in my yard. I’m only just beginning my transition to KNF. I’m in Southern Colorado. The lady I bought the house from told me of her family in Kansas helping to pick Lambsquarter and her mom cooked it like regular greens. She was telling me it was useful at every stage of the life cycle, from root to the seeds. I’m glad to hear it’s good for the FPJ. I live outside of town and weeds and natural plants flourish. I’m looking forward to using what I have at my disposal.

9 Likes

Yep! Tastes pretty good when its sautéed up like spinach! One of my favorite FPJs to make and use especially for flowering.

4 Likes

With a microscope :grin:

7 Likes

We can split the cost @CrunchBerries :wink:

2 Likes

Hey can anyone remind me of the dilution rates for LABS for foliar spray and soil drench applications? I can’t seem to find that info anywhere quickly, trying to start jotting down my own quick reference notes for a bunch of this stuff. Thanks in advance

2 Likes

I do 3/4 tsp per gallon as per @CrunchBerries note.

3 Likes

Is that for foliar or for soul drench? I remember the amounts being like 1:100 or 1:1000 or something like that, I think that info comes from Chris trump? I can’t get his site to resend his worksheet on LABS

4 Likes

Yes, 3/4 tsp per G is 1000:1
I use this for both drench and foliar

You could break into ml but this is close enough for me.

5 Likes

Yep, The numbers check out. This explains why my career as a mathematician never took off :joy::joy:

4 Likes

Here you go @LegsMahoney

6 Likes

Ah you guys are the best! I could’ve sworn that the dilution rates were different for foliar vs. soil drench applications. But hell I lve been wrong before, will likely happen again too :joy:

3 Likes

Anyone ever used cod liver oil for bloom? Stacking up buds? Someone told me that some old timers used to do that before all these products/comercial stuff was available… was curious to know if there is anyone else that has heard of this tek

2 Likes

There may be different ratios Legs, I’m still new to this. But… this has been working for me really well so I’m sticking with it.
I’ve been adding a bit of EWC juice and one of my fpj as well.

3 Likes

Nice! I gotta get my feet wet trying those ferments, the labs have just been so easy to make on a whim, and if I don’t use em inside of three months I just dump em down the drain to clean it out and add beneficial stuff to the septic system. Win win! But the ferments are next after watching you guys work with em here

3 Likes

I haven’t heard of this first hand but worth looking into @curiouscat. I’d imagine it would have some amino acids at least?

3 Likes

I’m going to have a good look into this… :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Let us know what you come up with

3 Likes