Growing With Mr.Sparkle : 2021

Also have done that and worked. Just had the panels warp over time and needed to reglued every now and then.

5 Likes

Thanks for the info. I didn’t think about the warping. Should have been oblivious due to the humidity. I think I will wait until your Trizzlers and CEs are finished. I popped 4 beans and now have 4 plants (day 16) all doing well. I got some Kuggis from IKEA, the pumps have cleared customs and should be delivered today, the timers have arrived ( I played a bit with them and now understand the programming). The only things missing are the manifolds, risers, and caps. My sister was supposed to send them before X-mas, but she forgot about me and should mail them this week. Someone is selling those manifolds here in Switzerland for over $100 a piece. I hope they sit on them forever. What a rip off. I need this watering system as I have the tendency to overwater manually. Thank you for sharing your knowledge

5 Likes

Yeah manifolds here are about $8 CND though sometimes you can find them in winter for obvious reasons.

As for timer setting you figure what works for you, my experience is I have done shorter times between waterings though 6-8hrs between and then adjusting the watering amount seems effective.

7 Likes

Just dried up a branch that snapped on me of the trizzlers got ten grams off one branch and we looking at about ten or so of the same size left on the plant not to shabby I’m impressed!

Quick tester smoke

17 Likes

Day 34

They survived, more of an update in the auto chronicle thread, just did some clean up and reorg for now.

23 Likes

Alright Year end summery post and moving on to a new year.

So grew a lot of plants, also killed a lot of plants lol, made thousands of seeds and gave out likely 2-3000 seeds this year as well, and received many hundred of seeds from the fine members here thank you.

Grow wise i feel things were a bit all over the place this year with not really being anywhere near dialed though learned a bunch of things and have suspicions on other factors.

Looking forward…

Gonna be trying some different nutrients than my standard Megacrop, that being Jacks and some Plantprod products.

Also will be building a third cab just supply issues at the moment which ill be piecing together in the next month or so.

Grow format wise im gonna start focusing more on say cultivar runs and avoid multiple genetics per run just so i can focus on refining and doing my own projects, unless the goal is for sampling seeds i haven’t run yet.

Thread wise im thinking i’ll likely break up the runs into their own threads instead of doing one full grow log for the year, thoughts on the change is for better organization and separation of runs and it will allow peeps to post and discuss if say they eventually run the same seeds or offspring from those runs, also a reasonable cycling of threads brings forward methods and processes us older regulars have learned over time that can potentially help with new members who come along.

Seed giveaways i feel that @ReikoX and myself have made a positive impact this last year and i can now step back from them as there is more than enough seeds being shared now with myself having less of a feeling of needing to share the auto love and love for our plants with others here as others have taken up the reigns, stepping back will allow me to focus more on my own refinement and advancement projects which hopefully means better stuff later on :wink: . Still will likely be giving away seeds or maybe going to donation based giveaways just to help cover shipping and some grow costs which has been pretty much all out of pocket apart from some “coffee donations” though my profile page KoFi link that ive gotten from some kind members which again thank you to those who shared a coffee with me all were appreciated and unexpected.

What else, also will be getting on top of running a plethora of photos i received from members and will be planning to “auto” the ones the pop out and interest me the most.

As for what thread to head on over to for the new year so we can retire this one heres a link to the auto chronicle thread and ill make up anew thread once i get the next run up and going and will post that here too.

Here’s to 2022

37 Likes

Looking forward to watching your stuff grow. I’m always amazed.
I think what got me at first was the size of your grows. Its hugely impressive what you do with those cabinets.

7 Likes

Will be tagging along this year too if it is OK with you @Mr.Sparkle
Happy New Year :partying_face:

:green_heart: :seedling:

2 Likes

Must be time to roll over the odometer…

Cheers
G

4 Likes

indeed it is

4 Likes

Growing With Mr.Sparkle : 2022 coming to your home soon!

:green_heart: :seedling:

2 Likes

Happy 2022 @Mr.Sparkle!!! Have always enjoyed and learned from your well of knowledge!! I’ve always admired your amazing results!!! As if it wasn’t enough, your generosity to this community is like wild fire!! Thank you!! :pray: :hugs:

2 Likes

Onward and upward @Mr.Sparkle. I seem to learn something every time I read your threads, I’m looking forward to reading more!

2 Likes

Way to wrap a great year @Mr.Sparkle!
Always love popping in to see what’s growing in your cab! More/multiple Sparkle threads in the new year is an upgrade!!!

Piggybacking on what @Rabeats2093 said, my trizzler, in a sub-irrigated solo-cup, has by far the most branching I have seen on an auto so far! No bud on a stick, a candelabra of buds! Although it is making a mess of my plant spacing as I was not expecting such a wide plant! Thanks again for those and all the beans you have shared with me this year!

Also, my jar of CinderEvil is starting to run low, so I will get to popping some more beans of her soon! Love the terps she throws. Still sweet after months in a jar! Even with a pantry shelf overflowing with jars of buds like clockwork I keep going back to her! A magnificent creation!!!

6 Likes

@Dirtron I have cut down two Ghost rose they r in jars the smells r just so creamy with like almost a small hint of break cleaner So far I’m impressed !!

Just cut down my last trizzler! Looking to be a good yield maybe three oz …the one in the jar deff has some kind of citrusy funk

I also just started some Cinderevils .!
Cannot wait to see them at work !

Also all three have green cotyledons with a yellow /purple starter leafs …very interesting I must say !!

I have recently seen a similar post but can’t remember where and what strain it was involving but pretty sure it was the Cinderevils

5 Likes

@Rabeats2093

I had a GhostRoseCookieDevil that has such a strong smell of institutional soap/cleaner that it was actually nauseating while doing a wet trim. It was seriously off-gassing something potent! Great smoke after drying and being sent to a jar for a time out!

Let me know how the Triz smokes… if you remember. Mine has 4-6weeks left I would guess.

6 Likes

Your gonna have some purple ones :wink:.

And thanks for the kind words everyone.

5 Likes

@Dirtron smoked a joint of this the other day …got me a good high for a while nothing fancy in taste… i fast dried it and have been slowing down significantly to get my tolerance back down there

Have one plant hanging chopped at 92 days and the one in the jar I took at like 75 78 haven’t touched that one but the smell is some sort of citrusy goodness

Picture smelling these but they have been dunked in gas and dried out for a week

5 Likes

YES ! Totally awesome I have wanting to have real purple nugs for so long I’m nervous lol I wanna top and try to get the monsters but I have noticed deff a gamble even if the same strain

Thanks a bunch for getting me the groceries I have had a hard time finding !

1 Like

just flop the main apex shoots when the time comes energy gets diverted into the surrounding branches till the apex rights itself again no need to top and gets the same effect.

As for the trizzlers ill have to run some of the f2/f3’s out eventually as well, again i dont claim those as mine as they arent i just made way too many seeds when i making some in order to play with what i had and ended up shared them around in mass.

6 Likes