Growing with Mr.Sparkle in 2022 : Spring/Summer

I started spraying my reversed female one week before flip with STS. I started spraying every five days. Beautiful FEMALE buds were developing for two weeks. Then my wife hit on an article that stated “Some sativa leaning plants are resistant to reversing and must be sprayed every three days to reverse”.
The friend that developed the strain (strongly leaning sativa), and gifted me a clone, told me that he had tried to reverse one with very limited success in the past.
At this point I had a 3’ girl with nice buds everywhere! I knew I couldn’t ever smoke any so I sprayed the hell out of it every three days.
Now.

As you can see, the extra spraying didn’t hurt her at all.
As you can see, she was a large plant (I had no room for her in the flower room) so I ended up using a LOT of STS but it worked great.
I just thought I’d drop this here since you guys were talking about STS. Hope you don’t mind.
:pray:
I’ll take it down if you don’t want your thread clogged with other peoples pics. I understand. Some don’t like that and I normally ask first before posting pics.

13 Likes

I think that is the biggest plant I have seen get reversed. Very nice!

Did you end up collecting a ton of pollen?

:robot:

3 Likes

This is my first day’s worth. I’m still collecting.
Pollen collecting is hard on the back. I can only go at it for a little while at a time. lol She is loaded! I’ll never be able to get near it all.

13 Likes

I shake the plant off onto some sheet say parchment or a flexible hobby cutting mat, then sieve it through a tea strainer that is fine enough mesh for the job

3 Likes

Really the best for pollinating other plant selectively for me is when I can pluck a just open pollen sac and dust a targeted branch or whatever on another plant.

3 Likes

Her flowers are tight and hold on to the pollen like crazy. I have to break the pods apart in an old baking flower sifter. You know the kind with a crank that has a blade in the sifter?
After you break up the pods, I just put it all on black paper and pour it off onto another black paper. What is left is pulled together with the card and collected.

2 Likes

typically that just means there not quite ready, i have found some reversed plants you have to do that but usually its just those pollen sacs unfortunately need another week or two, saying that if they kinda dye off before opening then you have one of those stubborn plants.

Oh and just make sure you dry that broken stuff cause they tend to hold alot of moisture in comparison and can spoil easily.

3 Likes

I did this to selectively hit some branches, but my friend wants some for his girls. So I am collecting some for him. I’ll continue and store the excess. I’m absolutely sure I’ll use it for a breeding project in the near future.

4 Likes

OH yeah. I am only taking the dead and wilted flowers. That is what hurt my back and makes it take so long. I can shake the girl and some fall off but most are stuck tight and just die still holding on. I take a pair of tweezers and rake against them to get them to release.
I’m sure some that fall off are not quite there yet but, probably, 80% are from dried up dead flowers.

3 Likes

yeah i do the same tweezer raking , usually after a couple goes i just say good enough and chop the plant after that.

2 Likes

Yeah, I’m giving it a week drying in the box before I package with silica packs. Spread and shook twice daily to keep it drying proper and even.

3 Likes

Side note threw the GRCD and repotted the seeded plants and threw them in one chamber to finish out vs the patio with little direct sun.

20 Likes

Are you seeing many seeds yet? They look good. :+1:

2 Likes

Oh yeah on the ones ive seeded, that front plant on the left or whats left of it i could chop now but im still seeing a hint of green on the tips of the seeds ive plucked so im just letting it probably run out the week just as typically that hint of green means the seed coat “testa” or whatever its called typically remains green even after drying and the embro has a hard time splitting from it when sprouting where as if i let it get past that green stage that seed coat is more brown/black and splits alot easier upon germination.

The back left plant still needs probably two weeks just cause i late pollinated it.

7 Likes

Seeings how its wednesday.

Also got the TS1000 all hooked up and installed, made an adapter cord for my timer from a leftover PS cable i had, also dunked seeds and 3 of 4 are showing tap roots so they will get planted tonight and ill get a thread going for that chamber, also need to consider what seeds for the others.

25 Likes

Back stage flexing !!
Love it brother …

2 Likes

To @anon58740919 and others that want to follow, i got that MarsHydro ts1000 thread up and going tonight with the link below and will likely try and get a general fall/winter thread up this weekend.

Time to dunk some more seeds.

10 Likes

The Ghost Rose Cookie Devil has stopped growing even after being back under some light which it did a tiny last spurt of a few calyxs, trichromes are mainly clear though as i think me throwing it out ont he patio for 10days during the end of its cycle just allowed its internal clock to run out but not necessarily finish out plant wise and kinda stalled that.

So it gets a final photo and chopped after this post and after that i’ll be starting up a new thread which i’ll post links here for.

18 Likes

Final shot on it.

23 Likes

That’s a beautiful picture mate. :ok_hand:

4 Likes