Growing with Mr.Sparkle in 2022 : Spring/Summer

only so much you can do when playing with new nutrients :man_shrugging: buds will be fine :wink:

6 Likes

With those tiny pots, it’s impressive how healthy you keep your plants.

As far as I understand it, when the pot dries to half you have something close to double the EC of what you had at full saturation. Drying to 1/4 means you have double again. Drying happens real quick in small containers sometimes so you must really have those drip times dialed in.

Coco might help with this some compared to rockwool etc. because it does have some CEC, but I’m not sure how much that matters.

Plants looking great as usual :+1:

2 Likes

Looking great, whatcha gonna have for garden starts this year?

1 Like

yup exactly how it is and with how i run i try to force run off every watering which just is recirculated eventually.
I try and aim for it to be dry on the top not bone but say just maybe moist at most by the time the next watering event happens which is every 8hrs, have gone less though the plants typically stay wet when you do, same thing kinda goes for different sized plants unfortunately liek the younger small plant in the auto side its in a constant wet state for most of its life so far could reduce the nozzles down to one for it but im just letting it do its thing.

2 Likes

We were fortunate enough to be offered a community garden plot over in our local park, plan was just patio flower originally before we were offered and we also get a CSA veggie box during summer but now… will be more flowers, veggies such as tomatos, squash, im gonna try a luffa plant, and we will see what else.

7 Likes

I love mashed potatoe squash :yum::yum::yum:
Big fan of Zucchini too!!!
Here’s a pic of mashed potatoe squash, tastes just like mashed potatoes too!!

Ah yes, free, extra garden space…that’s a wonderful gift/opportunity. :+1:

4 Likes

Not free just cheapish $90 a year

1 Like

So started working on a seed puck tray and loader for the community not that i wasn’t going that route eventually i just was spurred on by @SensiBowl thread and what he did “props to you” and i gotcha dont want to be hounded by request and such.

So i’ll run with it and make one for the community to run and play with.

Just want to do a couple trials and refine it a bit more to make it so its only as large as it needs to be with a couple of radius’s added here and there, note i purposefully left out two pucks to show the added hole on the back side for puck removal, was going the two part holder/backer route but this may work out better as far as printing and ease for seed shaking, removal will be individual though stickers may be able to be put on in tray and if not still should be easy.

i’ll tag you in here @LemonadeJoe , and @Nagel420 just so you can see it the puck holes are 26mm so if your pucks are 25mm like mine or maybe even an Inch “25.4mm” they should work with the tray though im unfamiliar with FDM machine tolerances as far as printing goes

May wait till after the long weekend to post up the files as i fly out tonight to head north to see family though we will see.

28 Likes

It looks great! Thanks for offering it to the community!

5 Likes

Luffa squash are a fun plant to grow. Muscled out my morning glories, which is a feat! I let a couple dry on the vine, in the winter they blow straight out in the wind, gives me something to goof on in the winter haha. The ones I grew had really pretty daisy like flowers as well.

1 Like

Sure does and looks the part too… Amazing :grinning:

2 Likes

You constantly give to this community and are an awesome person.

These will be a big time saver when doing 100’s of packs at a time.

:green_heart: :seedling:

6 Likes

Mr.sparkles your Twizzler

11 Likes

Poppies also create what they call “winter interest.” Their long stems and heads just swing in sway in the wind.

2 Likes

If I grow poppies in my yard, the neighbors will be out there with razors collecting the sap from them haha. Echinacea keeps the birds going nuts all winter too.

4 Likes

Day 75/60/53(25F)

They survived, photos were dry when i got home last night with one wilted though they perked back up after i gave them some straight water last night.

Did res fills on them all this morning, autos just got straight water and most will be chopped before the end of the week, also pulled some leaves and one had one corner bud that had some bud rot so clipped that out.

Photos did an under canopy cleanout while i was at it, also found the odd pollen sac on the Galactic Hash Plants.

As for the incredibly long seedlings those were thrown under the autos canopy just so they didn’t go dry, well looks like when they emerged they wanted more light… oh well reason i started seeds i had plenty of encase something didn’t work out, ill still grow out at least 4 of these, need to top up that one mini kratky though, the other ill likely toss.

27 Likes

Beautiful as always Sparkle! Your canopy in that top pic looks perfect from my seat!

:robot:

3 Likes

Day 81/66/59(31F)

Flowering photos doing flowering plant things, best plant of the bunch is the back left one which i may try and hit with some pollen if i have any thats viable.

bottom cab, chopped two plants on thursday and may get to the non seeded parts on the large one today, otherwise some of the ladys garden starts found there way in along side some of the mini kraktys and seedlings i need to repot.

26 Likes

The buds on that one kratke on the left are impressive given that it appears to be growing out of a 2” six-pack starter cell!

Do the soda pop bottles have full strength nutes in them?
Are you topping them off with fresh solution, dumping and refilling with fresh solution on a schedule, or just leaving them untouched until the bottle runs dry?
How much solution to the kratkey’s loose/use each week?

Keep up the good work!

:robot:

5 Likes

They are just under 4cm starter cells so 1.5" or so with added holes added to them, and yes full strength nutes and i only have been changing it out when it either gets quite low and or cloudy from algae or bacteria which could be avoided with opaque containers i just wanted to let them run as is as the green plastic does help a bit, so ive maybe refilled that one 3 times now.

There seems to be an obvious learning curve and working on the starts and getting the roots to expand past the starter cell i think would help alot so things like an actual net pot would be more ideal one for root expansion, and the wide lip so when things get low the plant is less likely to wanting to tip over i just did these with what i had around as a why not try thing.

I see some perks though going that small as i could throw a plant in a corner whether i reverse it or use it for seeds it would provide more than enough to play with, if i was growing more for bud id be going bigger as far as starter cell/netpot and res volume

12 Likes