Growing with Mr.Sparkle : Trials & Progression 2020

Dark Devils by sweet seeds, but a few generations in since then

5 Likes

Midday update as well im working from home and social distancing and all.

So left side is doing well, little ones are almost at a week come tomorrow and the flowering ones have been getting a single budsite sprayed with CS we will see if we get some earlier pollen this time, still will probably not use them all, oh and will get rid of that front row of the little ones being crinkles and a damaged seedling but im in no rush yet.

Right side they are just coming up will call day 0 tomorrow just for my own sake and tracking, All that are up are Green Phenos of the DarkSparks, just will be doing some hunting, also have two GSCxDD seeds that were put in a few day later on the far left yellow cups just cause i had spare cups, and a leftover lower bud site from the plants i chopped on the weekend just letting some pollen ripen for collection which will be most likely used on one of the seedlings when they are ready, unless i choose another pollen donor before then.

20 Likes

It’s not too late into flowering to make pollen on those?

1 Like

no more so with the back though as they just started budding out within the last 4-5 days and i started spraying then but the front plants are a bit further along and one is being sprayed down low, and just an observation is that more prominent buds reverse and throw pollen faster than say lower ones that are shaded as well the plants gonna put energy into those sites that get the most light.

Now whether ill be able to use said pollen in this same round thats another questions and totally depends on what happens and how quick.

9 Likes

Sweet. Your threads always so informative

4 Likes

Left side, defoliated a bit and took out one of the GT2xSBR’s that i ripped up for a FPJ experiment im playing with but tried washing my hands three times after then slept the night and then a shower finally took the smell off my hands in the morning… should of done an alcohol wipe. Anyways removed it cause the other one is twice the size and would rather give it room, also thinned down the DS seedlings, just took out the crinkles and the runt.

Oh and that latest CS batch i made also was no good or im guessing, particles were too big thus having dark grey CS water that i only realized later due to using an opaque spray bottle as it takes a bit for the color to set in. So little bit of info my old power supply i use to use bit the dust which was in the 20-22v range, tried going to a lower voltage method using usb “5v”, then 12v but slow production and also not gonna discluded that i may had some conductivity happening through the glass jar i was using as i was trying a different method to suspend the silver half bars but they were touching the glass, anyways supposedly its more ideal to be around 30v for making CS but couldn’t find true specifics about reasonings, but used a 20v charger i had on hand a free hung my plates liek i use to and made a new batch, definitely more confident with this one, but ill hunt around for a new power supply or go the 9v battery chain method in the future, live and learn.

As for the right side culled and repotted a couple, either just potential crinkles which was 1 and another one that had a mutated combined first node single leaf and tri cotyledon, all are seedlings from a Green Pheno mother except for the yellow cups which are GSCxDD and one will be used in the solo comp going on for fun, oh and repotted the pollen producing bud to steal its pot and threw it up close to the light to mature quicker, been pulling off open pollen sacs as they open and throwing them in a glass vial to be used later, but it will probably be composted by the end of the weekend. Oh and that fan is unplugged that’s behind it if your wondering.

21 Likes

Wasn’t no|nullxnull , there’s no room for errors in your grows … frech|nullxnull

2 Likes

Looking great as always @Mr.Sparkle

1 Like

I never get tired of your shots.

Cheers
G

1 Like

well hey usually i open both doors when working on the plants, basking in the light but blowing fan on opening pollen sacs with flowering plants 3 feet away may be a bad idea…

and thanks @TheShowMeHomie & @Gpaw

5 Likes

Might not be that bad, you know here in OG we are always looking em198|nullxnull for quality seeds from experimented breeders … :innocent:

3 Likes

Well more pollen chucker, but yeah these green phenos i’m planning to make some seeds from, and funnel down those 17 plants left to maybe 1-3 and go from there, have an idea what i’m looking for but also allowing things to surprise and excite me if that happens, well it’s exciting anyways but you know more so than normal.

My left side was hoping to get some seeds there as well using some pollen from either the GT2xSBR or the dark DDf2 in the front on one of the DS seedlings coming along on that side, or even eachother or selves, but with the CS issue im pessimistic currently, and those would of been for more personal explorations at the moment.

7 Likes

Somthing that popped onto my mind while staring at a runty clone I’ve got. Have you ever started spraying a branch a week or so before kicking it into flower?

2 Likes

in the past yes i have when running photos, pretty much only autos now, but i found i use to have decent result more either right at light switch or say 3-5days in, just cause your wanting to effect the new growth and bud sets, and if done too early just doesn’t effect much.

But that’s the other thing to is i’ve had better luck when the plant is still growing through the areas you’ve sprayed, where as sometime you can stunt a side branch or bud to where it doesn’t grow if it gets spray too much or your solution of CS is off, and im far from an expert on any of that, just my observations thus far, but yeah you kinda want it to be budding but you can start early on it, but you also still want it to continue growing wherever your are spraying.

5 Likes

Interesting, it was just a thought. You do make sense though. My first attempt the plant got a little mangled and didnt give me much success and I mainly used store bought CS. My second attempt the branch that got sprayed looked completely male and much faster, using my own CS…

I gave a friend my leftover CS so he could try making pollen… I dunno what happened but it sure didnt do his plant any good lol

2 Likes

yeah always found the more vigorous the plant was growing and a fresh batch of CS always seem to be the best combo

4 Likes

Makes me worry about my little tortured dark spark haha it is not looking happy with the cs applications but it’s still throwing more pistols that then turn purple.

4 Likes

3 days later

Left side moving along, flowering plants were showing issues… pH was high at around 6.5ish, swapped out what was left in the res and made a new batch, been running at around 1.4-1.5 mS of megacrop for them.

For the little ones may start doing forced runoffs now and expect to be doing hand waterings till i can limit down the plants, but thats gonna be another week or two as they are all looking pretty decent.

Right side moving along and happy, just to be OCD but for a purpose i turned the stems on the ones that weren’t oriented diagonally as it just buys some time and space once they grow some more, as it will take longer for them to start to overlap leaves wise. Needed no but hey why not… and the GSCxDD in the yellow cups are starting to pick up the pace being a couple days behind the others.

24 Likes

Beautifully aligned seedlings. Something i shall aspire to achieve now hahaha, whats the top and bottom PH that you aim for?

2 Likes

5.5ish to 6.2ish outside of that issues start to show up for me, or at least my more current observation.

4 Likes