Growing with Mr.Sparkle : Trials & Progression 2020

Nice work very clean set up
Thanks for sharing

2 Likes

Happy Canada Day :wink:

and just to share a days worth of growth, moving quick now.

25 Likes

wow thats cool ! :dash::dash::+1::sunglasses: ummm your space is getting smaller fast! :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

indeed it is and why i would like a bigger space but you know needs vs wants and id just be growing bigger plants if i had a bigger space, am thinking of building a small side cabinet though…

10 Likes

I have a 4x4x5ft 315watt flower,3x3x6ft 315watt flower, 2x4x4 180watt vegg and approx 80 more misc watts plus fans 1-6" 2-4" my point is $150 a month for power and my growing abilities are barely able to keep up to my own habit…so far :wink: I aspire to have all my spaces as beautiful and dialed in as yours :+1:

3 Likes

Brother!
When you finish optimizing your grow protocols for your tents. You will be producing so much bud you will feel like Scrooge McDuck visiting his money vault!

scrooge

Cheers
G

8 Likes

I agree with that, will say my space does have its hiccups here and there so wouldn’t say its dialed but it definitely puts in some work.

Improving is just a combinations of things and working at it bit by bit to improve what you can, when you can with the knowledge or tools at your disposal, and there are always things one wishes they either did different or in hindsight maybe took the long route to get there but learned in the process.

7 Likes

That’s going to be me when I finally finish my room… :joy:

10 Likes

Day 54/45/25

Trimmed out the lowers on the right side, could of left them but same times opens it up and they wont amount to much.

Left side did some fan leaf defoliation again was it needed no but did so anyways, the GT2xSBR has a few more swollen calyxs and spots that look like pollen potentially took but it still looks like it wasn’t hit with pollen at all so making me wonder. Guess the few seeds i see forming currently if the remain that few will only be shared between @ReikoX and myself its a bummer as i wanted more seeds to share but hey maybe its just lagging behind .

18 Likes

Day 56/47/27

Right side is taking off and we will be at 4 weeks from sprout tomorrow, did a refill on all the reservoirs this morning which ive been mixing to 1.35ec of the current Megacrop, the leftovers read 1.8ec this morning, also noticed some spring tails though.

Left side moving along, the GT2xSBR is starting to show more seeds so thats good, but looks like i may of only been 1/4 pollinated or less, so should provided enough seeds to play with.

Also removed the lowest circulation fan from each side, i was just playing and noticed i was still getting leaf flutter from just the one on all plants.

21 Likes

Day 58/49/29

Right side had received some fan leaf plucking, just a couple where they were either blocking bud sites or would of been buried in the centers eventually, also swapped the two left plants to bring the shorter purple plant to the front. Still holding out for if i need to flop them or not, but due to the smaller pot volume and having the space they do they havent really fought for it which is nice from a management side, yields wont be as high though.

Left side making seeds…

thats about it for today.

18 Likes

Day 61/52/32

Right side seeds are still going, still expect at least another 10-14+ days before the oldest plants can go.

Left side in full bud mode, you may noticed the back right plant has been flopped, should be back pointing up in a few days, but was just getting closer to the lights than i wanted.

17 Likes

Still hoping for a bountiful bean harvest for you cats! :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

oh two of them are full of seeds, its just the last was only about 1/3 pollinated.

Still though will be many hundred to thousand seeds.

12 Likes

Looking good in here as usual :+1:

Have you ever happened to take a reading with a lux meter? Your plants look real healthy, if I put my lights that close I’m pretty sure I’d fry mine.

2 Likes

yeah i have a uni-t lux meter ive been using as of late as my phone was over compensating to a point were i had to put a 0.7x correction to it.

but ill grab some measurements for you, for the two cabs running at different power levels

2 Likes

@MumenRyder
So for context left side seeded plants are running with 60w from the wall or 55.7w to the strips them selves, and im at right around 3.06sqft per side, so about 18.2wat the strips per sqft.

But tops of the three plants are as follows , 26k, 32k, and 48k from shortest to tallest.

The right side with is at 75-77w from the wall but say 22.8ish watts at the strip per sqft, they are all receiving around 36+k at the lower canopy and 58+k at the very top on the tallest at the moment, but add in an extra 2+k or so just cause having my arm block open the door a bit cause my values to drop a bit.

Something i have noticed with light levels for myself is if i say try and turn things up mid grow they don’t like it at all, they seem to do better just running and growing under one level from the start and just growing up into an increasing light level vs say getting turned up on later, my guess is that they grow up and adapt to work with the light level you give them. If they were photoperiods doing a light increase at flip to compensate for lost light hrs from coming from a veg cycle would kinda equalize a light level bump out to a certain point though or i would think DLI wise and such.

10 Likes

Thanks for the numbers man :+1:and you run 18 hours on both sides?

Good info on them growing into the light. Usually I have to bump it up slowly after flipping to flower.

Im actually having a problem and it seems light related but at this point I dunno. I’m not sure if you’ve seen anything like this, but I didn’t get any responses:

1 Like

@MumenRyder yes 18/6 and i saw your post this morning but that level of yellowing on the leaf margins i have no idea so didn’t comment, the plants do look rather dark overly so and looking at the serrated tips that are burning that points to high K as well but i really cant say, as for the pool shock i use to be a proponent of it like you know but my opinion on it has changed, yes it works but i started to make a link between it and expressions of mutant like leaf growth and or downward turned leaves especially on the first half of growth for them.

… i don’t know how long ive been running without but has probably been 6+ months now, me just giving my res’s a rub down with a brush and rinse with tap water with every refill has been keeping me away from any issues, can usually sneak in two fills if im lazy before issues are more likely to pop up.

7 Likes

Yeah I’m not sure what’s up yet… I think I’m going to ditch the pool shock though since I’ve seen more than one complaint about it recently…

It’s tricky for sure because I never have EC over 1.0, I measure run off and it’s never higher than 1.2 and I keep the blocks wet so EC shouldn’t rise due to drying … But it really does look like they are over ferted. Maybe without circulation fans the temps up top are getting higher and pullIng in tons of water and therefore nutes… I never see ambient above 82f though, but Rockwool has no CEC so the roots pull whatever is in there with no resistance.

Anyways not trying to litter up your thread, I appreciate the analysis and data though it’s definitely helpful :+1:

6 Likes