Growing with Mr.Sparkle : Trials & Progression 2020

Well consider that metric can vary as well with light distance to canopy, like could be running 50w/sqft when the lights at 3-4 feet away but say they were at 9 inches things would be toasty.

But was at 25w/sqft on the low side to 40w/sqft on the high side at 12", now i’m trying out 17-23w/sqft at 18" and am banking on height growth with shrink the distance causing higher light values as that decreases, inverse square law and all.

I was recommending around 35w/sqft as a target to aim for but also consider most run there lights higher than i do, but now i have to rethink that recommendation… lol well better to be on that upper side of the spectrum though than claiming more and under delivering.

Genetics forsure can play a part, also other factors as well like a lot of my environmental issues but honestly we don’t really know unless comparison trails are done.

8 Likes

Reall dense reports :sweat: but I like your KISS philosophy and start to understand the lights - temperature - feed - humidity - pH equation, hope you will find some conclusions that could be useful for us, thanks for sharing … :sunglasses:

8 Likes

Yeah was pretty dense i did warn of it though… lol

Also the fortunate or unfortunate thing for the way i typically learn is i have to experience things first hand for things to truly sink in and stay for awhile, like i can read theory, ideals, the science behind things and understand it, but usually until i experience it first hand by failures or success does it really sink in.

19 Likes

Sure I prefer being you the first to have those failures so to learn on how to avoid mine’s :grin:. Anyway I’m confident on your success just watching how you take care of every single detail. Following this thread will improve not only my primitive growing skills but also my poor English … :sweat_smile:

9 Likes

Well my posts should be shortened cause i know i can ramble, or like the lady says “can you explain it to me in three sentences or less”, does cause me to take a pause and think about it.

But welcome aboard and your “english” is good btw didn’t even notice actually if its a second or third + language for you, heck i only have one language so you’re ahead of me there ;).

9 Likes

Sorry, didn’t want to put the focus on me, at least you understand the language of the plants, wich is much more difficult …

7 Likes

Well when i’m actually trying to listening to them lol, otherwise it’s like me and cantonese, french, or arabic i know the odd word or three but that about it, just experience and practice i guess…

4 Likes

Well could be just preflowers, but i gonna guess we may have an auto here, this being one of the C9D F2’s “C99xDarkDevil second gen” so 1/4 should express auto traits, and so far out of the five i’m running three have just started showing the internode calyx & pistils, this one below being the most prominent.

If it goes the auto route then mission accomplished with these, will be able to say i’ve crossed a photoperiod out to become an auto

Guess day 19 on these, had to look above…

27 Likes

Only time will tell for sure, but pre-flowers at 19 days sure seems fast to me… :+1::seedling:

12 Likes

Yeah i had the same thought, so i expect it to be an auto, but will find out shortly i guess.

Sweet

12 Likes

I can relate to that. I liked the fiddling with electronic gadgets part, but at the moment I just want stuff to run by itself and smell some nice flowers. :blossom:

4 Likes

I also enjoy gadgets, but just giving me useful info and letting me take decissions instead of a script … :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Well how my plants are doing today.

Couple of new seedlings those being Cream Mandarins, but had the others dampen off due to the conditions i gave them, plus they were the slow cracking seeds anyways. The second row on the right are the three C9D’s showing pistils. Also next feed water will be dialed back to 1.6ec vs 1.8

Need to make a decision on these though, which ones to keep from each pot.

22 Likes

Sweet! I can’t wait to find out for sure! :raised_hands:

4 Likes

Me too, I’ve always wondered how that happens.

4 Likes

well culled the other two that had not pistils and one of the younger Dark Spark Green phenos that was gonna be purple, only did that cause i have something in mind.

But will be interesting to see if those C9D’s are autos…

12 Likes

Thinned out some plants yesterday, took out the two C9D’s thats arent showing pistils, also one of the DSg seedlings as it was gonna be purple and im looking for something in the green pheno plants.

Also lowered the light level a bit more, today im running at 60watts (20w/sqft) as i just noticed my plants slumped out 1.5hrs before night time yesterday so been thinking and reading on DLI and considering regions and if selecting towards efficiency in regards to plant vs light energy conversion.
Fully expecting that i will probably have to turn it up, but gonna go by the plant que’s if im listening, some are getting a watering tonight but at 1.6EC feed just cause of how quick the plants have darkened now that they have started drinking, also need to decide on the twin potted plants as well.

And a root shot from yesterday on one of young plants i culled, just showing the roots were working towards being happy again.

24 Likes

I know I am under HPS …BUT…when my plants “time out” 1.5 hours before nighty night, I KNOW i got it about right on intensity. THAT is exactly what I look for when setting my light after stretch is over.

6 Likes

Well would show that your maxed out i guess im just playing, and also why i expect to turn them back up is more as they progress and get larger there ability to take in energy will increase.

6 Likes

Don’t forget, as the plants get bigger they can use more photons. Ideally you would continually be upping the light as the plant grows. :+1::seedling:

7 Likes