Guerilla 2016 recap - first test selection of 14 strains

Hello everyone,

so this is a fresh start after two years without own genetics.After abandoning old box with motherplants for personal reasons I decided to buy feminised seeds every year, but with new opportunity and new room I decided to start selection to preserve some promising genetics.

PLACE AND CONDITIONS

Soil in the middle of nearby woods, with sun exposition for half a day.
I used some garden soil with NPK into digged holes(approximately 5L each) to give my plants good start.I am planting plants 2 times fimmed starting of beginning of May(according to weather).

FERTILIZERS

For growth period:

• cheap agricultural NPK fertilizer,industrial urea
  • Vita race(Plagron) + FeEDTA/aminocitrate from local company
  • soil with NPK from local garden shop
  • granulated cow dung or guano

So good soil is the basis and till flowering period I apply only foliar spraying and watering with fresh water(from nearby swamp so it contains some algae and natural nitrogen also… I think :poop: ).

For flowering period:

• cheap fruiting/flowering fertiliser from local producer only to force plants to flower little bit earlier
  • PK 13/14(Canna)
  • Alga Bloom(Plagron)
  • Bcuzz Bloom stimulator(only that I obtained it free and have some leftover)

PROTECTION

Polyversum against molds and Vanish to reduce slug occurrence.I apply the slug pellets on small plate and cover it with bigger plate. This prevents early destruction of pellets with rain and saves quantity used.I also apply Polyversum in the middle of flowering time and in the end.I apply Polyversum as spray into the buds.

STRAINS

Seedlings after setting aside male plants:

SBL(Shiva x Blueberry x Lebanese) - F2(2 sources of seeds)
Double shark - original regular seeds
GMO´s “CBD indica”(supposed CBD sativa which showed strong indica effects when smoked) - F2
Blue Mystic - F2
Special queen - F2

from MadHead :wink: :

Sweet Kush - original regular seeds
Apollo Kush - original regular seeds
Green Hulk - original regular seeds
Brutal Sweet Mendo - original regular seeds
Sweet Chem Kush - original regular seeds

Clones:

Pure Power Plant
Critical Mass
Chronic
Durban Poison(white pheno)

Photo taken after planting first 13 plants and lot of work ahead :rolling_eyes:

2 Likes

So far so good :slight_smile:
It will be interesting to see different strains and clones vs. seeds …

Btw I’ve never heard about using Pythium oligandrum (Polyversum -TM)for treatment of buds against mold, I thought of it primarily as a symbiotic microorganism (very close to mushroom) living in rootzone. I’ve always applied it with watering (as a prevention).

It is interesting to hear that also spraying it works…

HydroPower: I think Pythium olygandrum is one-cell yeast which prey on molds. So to work there must be some “food” for it. In early autumn it prevents some bud rot.It´s not 100% but it limits its occurrence heavily and has no health risks.I usually spraying it when first molds occur. I can´t find the source article :frowning: Better symbiont for roots should be Trichoderma, but I tested it only once and at place that was dry and shiny so it had no molds.

2 Likes

So let´s go on.I had to water more often whole May.According to news everywhere rained bud not so where I live :smiley: Plants quickly changed from 15cm trimmed “shitlings” to 30cm(1 feet) each.I made 2 copies of each pheno to keep indoors because of the selection.All planted “shitlings” was after sex selection by fotoperiod change indoor.

Supposedly Special Queen

Supposedly Double Shark

-ll-

Whole farm

1. Technical corner.It´s fun to carry 60kg of soil and tools through thornbush, swamp and whole woods. Same with buckets of water through 100m of nettles.Water was near but last year it dryed out.
1 Like

Later on added rest of the plants after sex selection.That happened due to space limitations at home so I had to divide plants into two groups one sprouted later than the first.I also planted clones to another place.I fucked up timing so the second wave of plants was planted too late.Next year I have to prepare seeds to sprout earlier.Maybe 1st January to make sex selection till May.So… I have to look at it tomorrow :slight_smile: It´s good start of the new year.

Well growing first wave.I tried to keep distance 1m between plants.

Whole area

Durban Poison

2 Likes

And working paper version of the photo with strain names.I also marked each plant near the stem(as seen in the beginning).Numbers mean order of flowering start when I changed fotoperiod to 12/12 indoors.Second group planted later starts with zero.The number row is not complete in some cases due to abandoning some plants during selection.

And also more precise plan of the field so I can give you detailed info to photos during whole season or decide which strain is good and which is… not so good :slight_smile:

1 Like

You’ve put a lot of work into this guerilla grow ! :thumbsup: :muscle:

22.6. - superb trip to woods. Planted last Clones and smoked a lot, ate some raspberries, was one with the nature - maybe you know the spirit of it.All plants sprayed with FeEDTA and Vita Race.Also added granulated cow dung.From now on only watering and spraying.First fertilizer at the beginning of flower time.

Durban Poison

Second cloner fucked it up completely and clones went yellow after 14 days.Roots looks healthy so with some effort it will be good.

Due to near dead clones i planted some excess Double Sharks to prepared place.

1 Like

Mainly for the selection purposes. It´s my first time I took seriously preserving promising strains and have indoor capacity for such thing.

Main field in June.This year had better weather(not so dry in Europe as 2015)

Double Shark

SBL

baby Sweet Kush - all plants had good healthy grow.All with huge leaves and dense bushy structure.That´s how should all plants look like.

This pheno of Special Queen has more sativa genes.Started flowering even earlier than some male plants. Maybe lot of autoflower genes or very sensitive to stress.If maintainable as motherplant it will be hot candidate.

Detail of the flowers

1 Like

Something was eating top leaves.It occurs every 2-3 years.And main cause I think is the Leaf beatle(Chrysomelidae - Linaidea aenea) because there is lot of alder-trees around.I used insecticide called Fast to top tips and it usually solves the problem.

And here´s the little bastard:

It´s late so Happy New Year 2017 everyone!

3 Likes

How much watering was needed last summer? In my experience with low or no additional manual watering plants grown pretty small and weak. It was not particularly rain season this year in central europe…

2015 was disaster. 14 small plants and not even 250g. In the worst conditions I have to water them every second day. On my garden by the house i watered 1,5 hour with garden hose early morning and in the evening I had to start over. In the morning it was dry again :smiley: Now I have 1000L tank so it´s much easier and not even time consuming in the summer.

I think even if watered daily it would grow small. It is the temperature that limits the growth. 28 degrees at night in end of august is not normal :slight_smile:

This summer was ok. There was still enough rainfall and temperatures not so high, so for the exception of very young plants I didn´t have to water most of the season.

Let´s move on. These photos are taken in July.

This is work of red deer.RIP Pure Power Plant :frowning:

Another PPP

Chronic

Critical Mass

From these three strains I prefer Critical Mass.

Durban Poison

1 Like

And back to the main field. 3 sativa phenos occured which is half in growth and half flowering. Ripped Brutal Sweet Mendo from the ground because of total disease.It would rot during flowering anyway. Maybe overbreed or my bad luck with 5 seeds I had.

Early Special Queen on the left/Early SBL on the right

Brutal Sweet Mendo

Apollo Kush

Double Shark

Roots are everywhere :slight_smile:

1 Like

I had lot of work with weeds and thornbush, because of their peek in the summer time. Had to cut all fields with machete. Also gave high amounts of phosphate fertilizer(Kristalon) to the girls. Weather was better this season compared to 2015.Nights became colder at August so all plants showed pre-flowers earlier. PPP strain is completely lost because of red deer so I scattered some dog shit over the place.Seems that helped.

Main field

Durbans

Chronic plants in the front and Critical Mass behind them

4 Likes

Early strains. Pictures taken 7.8.2016

Special Queen pheno No. 5

Special Queen pheno No. 9

SBL pheno No. 4

1 Like

Last August visit (20.8.2016). First fertilizing with Alga Bloom with some algae from nearby pond. CBD indica,Special Queen, Durban and some SBL phenos in blossom. MadHead strains not so early. Only Sweet Chem Kush flowering.

Apollo Kush - not a single flower

Sweet Chem Kush

Special Queen No. 9 incredible structure.

Main stem detail

Bush :slight_smile:

2 Likes

4.9.2016 - Last Alga Bloom boost and waiting for PK 13/14 boost in half of the month. Presenting best girl in full blossom. It´s the Special Queen cross.It has great structure.No need to fim and growing naturaly into xmas tree shape with big side buds.

1 Like

CBD indica.It´s CBD sativa selection I obtained from friend of mine. I like the Skunk1 type of growth with minimum side branches. Smells like chewing gum.

2 Likes