Harvest Right Freeze Drier Oil Filter

Who here has a Harvest Right Freeze Drier? We are looking for alternatives for the POS oil filter that came with our unit so what are you guys using?

So far I’ve looked into the modified Brita filter pitcher option and the way they utilize toilet paper concerns me, not only because the paper is a bad option (particulate) as a filter media but because of the amount of oil that it will hold in the end.

The other option that I saw was an upended 2ltr pop bottle made into a funnel and stuffed full of the same toilet paper, same issue.

Last but not least was a very elaborate setup that utilizes what looks like an automotive oil filter but that one also looks as though you need an engineering degree to build.

What are you all using to solve the issue?

Ya’ll be good to one another,

fr0g_D

1 Like

bumping, i would also like to know
youd think that they could include something a little less janky considering the price of one of these units

1 Like

Guess that’s why they are coming out with their expe sive oiless pump?

1 Like

Thinking of buying a harvest right unit cant afford an oiless pump yet but if it works like they say i can see upgrading when i can afford it maybe tax time next year then ill have a spare have some questions about reclaiming oils that are lost in the ice on the drum

You can connect a hose to the point where you normally drain the oil from the vacuum pump. The hose goes to a diesel water separator (like you also have in cars). Then a hose to a small 12 v fuel pump and then back to the inlet on your pump (where you normally refill the oil). You let the fuel pump run for 30 seconds each time the vacuum pump is on. And then another minute or so off.