Has anyone tried this?

…I’ve done enough research to know that this “water clone” method works-it just takes longer for roots to develop. My question is, can I add rooting powder to the water (if it’s water soluble) and speed up the rooting process?

12 Likes

Or maybe try aloe Vera fresh if a available. Natural root hormone stimulator

5 Likes

What would I do, stick the stem inside it?

2 Likes

Probably just mash up the aloe and drop that in the water. I may be wrong but that would be my go to. The green shoots on willow trees are full of salicylic acid. Which you can use to make “willow water” which is also a natural root stim

8 Likes

There’s a few weeping willows in my neighborhood would they work?

5 Likes

Don’t take my word for it. Go read up brother. But yeah they would work perfect. (As long as they’re the fresher green shoots)

5 Likes

I have added clonex to the water and it seemed to speed it up a little bit.

3 Likes

The biggest factor I’ve found with rooting time is temperature.

That said those are pretty far into flower. Not saying they won’t make it, but it’ll be iffy.

2 Likes

Welp there used to be willow trees around here, looks like gentrification changed that…smh.

1 Like

I don’t have root gel…I need to buy some though.

1 Like

gentreefication

4 Likes

Dig it :love_you_gesture:

There is actually a housing development down the road called the willow tree :joy:

1 Like

…and I bet there’s not a willow in sight.

1 Like

You’re right about that. But I just happen to know a spot where I could find a few if so inclined.

2 Likes

What I seen others do and what I do is take out the aloe vera Insides, the gel, into water. Mix it well then put cuts into water and wait for roots. :+1:t4: But like @Foreigner said, might by iffy due to already flowering. But hey worth a shot!!!

3 Likes

That’s okay…I’ve re-vegged a clone before takes about a month but hey this is durban poison So I can wait.

4 Likes

Yes, you can add hormones to the water or just dip the ends of the clones in the hormones.

1 Like

No Way! I also have a Durban Poison plant growing in a 2 gal pot. Stayed squat but she smells intoxicating. I was given it as Black Dot Durban and surely smells like Durban but with this pungent dank smell. Also this one I have is turning purple.

Hope it’s ok I posted these pics, if not let me know and I’ll delete them. This is your thread, just being respectful.

9 Likes

It’s cool bro

2 Likes

Take a few Fans, slit each from top/bottom at the edges, fold the fan open, scrape the “Gel”, put it in your bucket, stir. Or, you can put several Fans in a Blender, add a HALF-CUP of water, blend. Add to your water bucket. SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes