Has anyone used mantis buffered nutrients?

Here’s a link for the company above. Stumbled on this the other day. It’s an all in one nutrient developed by scientists in Canada.
It provides all nutrients start to finish at 5ml per litre.
Checked out a few grows with it on online and it looks like it works.
Wondering if anyone has tried it?

3 Likes

What npk ratio is it ???
: )

1.5-2.7-2.3
It works out to 500ppm start to finish and the buffered ph thing doesn’t get absorbed so it only takes what it needs when it needs it. No flushing just 5ml start to finish one bottle.
I’m really intrigued but would like some input from experience before trying it

1 Like

That’s a very weak concentration in bottle ie lots of water , very expensive

I’m not a fan of one part , the plants go thru a lot of different needs thru out
the grow and best to adjust for each one
Spring , stretch , summer , fall
More control over grow , and can push accordingly when needed , resulting in way better quality buds

They are playing on our stoner laziness , and willingness to blow money : )

8 Likes

Seen other grows on autoflowers network with it I just thought it would be interesting to try out. Just wanted to see if any ogers had experience with it.
Fyi I’m not cheap so I don’t mind spending a little extra if it’s worth it, I’m a firm believer in you get what you pay for. The only time feeding is cheap is when you get locally sourced soil amendments for an organic soil. I don’t consider myself a lazy stoner either. It would be nice to have a simpler formula because my wife takes care of things when I’m away with work 3 weeks at a time.
I definitely don’t want to spend the money if it’s crap, just looking for a simple solution so it’s easier on my wife when I’m away.
But by the sounds of it nobody used it and you think it would be no good so I will just have to keep looking.

3 Likes

Thanks for talking me down though because I was seriously thinking about jumping on it lol

1 Like

Mix up a big Rez enough for the three weeks and then buy one of them ph devices that keeps ph at desired level , altho ph ing the mix is easy enough

1 Like

That’s a good idea!

Blue lab and Milwaukee are the two brands , Bluelab being the dearest of the two

They are expensive but you get what you pay for as you say : )

2 Likes

I’ve actually seen it used twice, once on autos once on photo (clones) worked out decent. ( both crops were a 6-7/10 , I just don’t like the idea of being able to change things up as I go, I’m all over the place sometimes depending on strain and stage. I think it would be worthwhile for a truly experienced grower to try out on a strain they k ow very well. It definitely works, just not positive of how well. PH swings are just a fact of life for me now and it’s never drastic and I never see adverse affect even with large swings 6.4 to 5.5 . I’ve thought about a ph adjuster, still thinking tbh. Maybe one day. I love and swear by blue lab products so I may end up buying their PH adjuster/stabilizer just for peace of mind when I’m away . As far as the mantis goes. I would really like to see someone give it an honest shot just for my own interests as it would definitely have its time and place imho

1 Like

A little late to this conversation but I personally use it on about 20-30 different strains at a time and they all love it. I haven’t used a PH pen in about 2 years as Mantis keeps the PH in optimal range at all time. Honestly will never switch back to traditional nutrient systems as this is just way too easy.

1 Like

I’d recommend maxsea all purpose plant food 16-16-16 for veg and maxsea bloom 3-20-20 for flower, it’s a powdered amendment thats super easy and my plants love it, just my two cents hope it helps

Happy growing :seedling:

2 Likes

Thanks for the info, I ended up grabbing a bottle to test on the rks coop

1 Like

For hydro, if you want to emulate how to buffer the PH, see the following as an example:

MES being the strongest buffer. There is also a buffering gadget that basically contains an ION exchange resin which has gotten good reviews. Can’t remember the name, if you’re interested I can look it up. It’s on here somewhere.

1 Like

Thanks @Northern_Loki! That looks like a good read. When I have some time this evening I will sit down and read through it.

1 Like

@Kushking902 Wish I could comment on your other post about Mantis! I’ve been using Mantis for 3 years now and would love to be able to chime in!

1 Like

How’s it work for you? I picked up a bottle to use on my co op, I’m hoping it runs smoothly

1 Like

It’s a fantastic product. Mixing all the nutrients together and messing with PH was always my least favourite part of growing. Not having to deal with that anymore has increased my love for growing a lot! It’s the simplicity of it. Especially if i have to go out of town and need someone to take care of my plants I know the person looking after them is unlikely to mess up the watering :joy: 10/10 would recommend for any level grower. Also, you can get the price even lower by ordering 4+ litre at a time or they also have 19L pails.

Torus pH perfect :v:

1 Like

Oh right. Thanks. Has received good reviews here.

1 Like