Botanicare, anyone use this?

I’m thinking about switching to organics.
Was wondering who uses Botanicare line.
This is what I’m thinking on trying.

Pure Blend Pro Grow

Pure Blend Pro Grow (for soil)

Hydroplex

Pure Blend Tea

Cal/Mag Plus

I don’t think I need the Vitamins, Sweet or Liquid Karma, as the Pure Blend Tea does all of that.

Any info or recommendations on this would be mighty helpful and appreciated as I’ve only ever used salt based nutes.
I medium for this will be Pro Mix HP as always, if that makes a difference.

4 Likes

My first few grows were soil and I used their stuff. I hadn’t gotten the organic nutes, but it was easy enough to use. It was just what the guy at the hydro shop showed me when I went in there.

2 Likes

Did you like the stuff, or was it when you 1st started growing you used it?
I’m pretty sure all their lines are organic

1 Like

It was when I first started, so aside from them being easy to use, I didn’t really know what was going on. I still use them for my CalMag, Silica, and HydroGuard

1 Like

I have been using the PBP grow and bloom for soil for a very long time now. I have their calmag too but i tend not to use it unless it’s necessary.

They have become a trusted part of my grow to the point where I am so comfortable with them that I would hesitate to switch to anything else.

I tend to feed on the lower side
I tend to buy in bulk because otherwise it’s expensive.

I can answer other questions if it’s helpful.

All the best.

3 Likes

I’ve used the Cal/Mag and their tea in my shared grow op, but not the rest of the lineup.
I use Protekt foliar for my sillica and what’s this hydrogaurd?

2 Likes

I use their cal mag. It’s my go to

2 Likes

Awesome thanks, I agree, about the cal mag, my water has enough calcium in it already, that I don’t need to add more, but do need to start adding Epsom salts or some other mag and sulfur additive, been getting Purple stems and stalks this last grow.
I will start out with a gal of each, already have a gal of the tea

2 Likes

Hydroguard is for hydro systems, to help prevent root rot

I had purchased their Liquid Karma too, but as far as I could tell, it wasn’t really necessary.

EDIT - Liquid karma says it promotes microbial colonization, to reduce plant stress

3 Likes

I feel good having it on hand but I rarely use it.

I made my own eggshell vinegar before and I think it worked.

Botanicare get a big unpaid thumbs up from me.

4 Likes

Search the msds for botanicare sweet. It’s potasium hydroxide and sugar, use pH up and molasses and it will work the same, and you get added silica from your pH up.

3 Likes

I use the bloom soil edition and use calmag in veg to boost the N. In flower I start by using half the amount of calmag until week 4 then it’s just straight PBP bloom soil edition from there out.

Although sometime I’ll swap to just MPK for the last 2 weeks, but I’ve only done that a couple times and there was no benefit over just the PBP.

3 Likes

Thanks, that’s what I was thinking as well same as the vitamino and liquid Karma, the tea seems to have all of these in it already…

2 Likes

Nice, thanks for the heads up, guess I will add sweet to the regime then.

1 Like

Yeah they different flavors of sweet, I’ve used the berry and raw hoping it changes my terp flavors but I doubt it does much if at all lol. The sweet does increase microbes, acts like molasses.

1 Like

Outdoor soil grower here, so question… What is the purpose of using organic nutes in a faux medium like promix or sunshine mix? Why wouldn’t you use soil or coco? Can you get that great of microlife with all of those concoctions and ph liquids etc? Just curious.

1 Like

I use it all and it works well for my needs.

You rang?

4 Likes

Lol, I meant syn, short for synthetic, but yeah looks like you’re growing fire. Nice job

2 Likes

Pretty much just to get away from the salt nutrients really, and to see if there’s much of a difference between the 2

1 Like

They are excellent products. I also use and love their CNS line of products. I can run them in organics or switch to PBP/CNS without a hiccup.
I’m not a fan of flavor adding stuff, a friend uses a grape taste enhancer, and I do not smoke his buds myself. I find even plain cannabis taste far better than a fakery added in flavor, myself.
They are very PH balanced also, IMHO.

2 Likes