Hash with cofee filters?

I haven’t no, might give it a try next time now that you mention it. It would probably be pretty green and dark but worth a shot and still good for edibles

2 Likes

I’m not a presser but would be curious to see if you could salvage something from what we both consider trash.

Sometimes I’ll make a tea with the 25 and it seems an acceptable use.

1 Like

Nice, that’s a good use for sure, getting everything you can out of it is the way to go

Doing a run in a few days, will report back with a 25u press if I’m not lazy and collect it lmao

1 Like

Yep, wet and straight to the freezer will give what’s called fresh frozen bubble hash. That’s what I do

1 Like

Best bubble hash making thread you’ll find here for sure

3 Likes

Sometimes use a fine mesh brewing bag to shake leaf and or seeded dried bud, works well though definitely not refined by any means.

Then pressing with coffee filters works, still some green color comes over by nature of it.

2 Likes

I can only guess here…
But I assume yes.
The trich gets broken off the plant matter due to freezing and the oil does not seem to leak out.
I never find any.

I would find oil in the water after bubble hash making.
So it seems pretty conclusive but scientifically it is still a bit anecdotal.
So my best answer is most likely.

The oil could possibly come from some place other than the broken Trich but that requires further investigation to know for sure.

Sorry for dancing around the issue like that, I hate to spread bad info.
I just don’t know for sure on this one.

1 Like

I have found this works to preserve terps.
In water anyway, never tried fresh dry ice shake before.
It may be time…LOL
Sometimes you can get hash that smells just like the weed.
Orange, grape, lemon ect.
This is strain/cultivar dependent of course.

1 Like

Definitely agree, the fresh frozen always seems really terpy

lol never tried dry ice with it either, that could be interesting, would love to know how it goes if you try!

2 Likes

So I always assumed the lowest numbers had the best hash- why isn’t the 25 bag producing the best hash? Is there something about the 70-120 bags thats the right size to grab trichomes and anything bigger or smaller is likely non desirable? I’ve got a lot of built up material- both trim and bud. I’m gonna need to figure this out soon and make some bubble hash!

1 Like

Comes down to trichome size, once you hit 25 microns it will be so small that it catches far more plant matter/contaminants along with the trichomes. Between 120-45 seems to be the sweet spot for majority of trichome heads while still filtering out contaminants

3 Likes

Correct. Where you make your cuts is a matter of taste but that is the basic range.

If I could only have 2 bags I would take the 160 and the 45.

2 Likes

Yup, when I’m super lazy I just run a 160,120,45

3 Likes

Makes sense, thanks guys!

About that oil slick that was mentioned- I don’t think you’re missing out on anything. When doing an alcohol extraction, winterizing filters off the plant fats and oils that precipitate out when the alcohol is at freezing temps. Makes for a purer extract- I’d assume it’s the same for hash as well. The oils/fats aren’t actually gonna get you blazed.

4 Likes

You can save it in the freezer until you have enough for a run. :slight_smile:

1 Like

In theory the smallest mesh is supposed to catch mostly the trich heads where all the oil is.

Some say you can get “full melt hash” from just heads, no plant matter no stems, all the oils.

I find the grades very close, but I do not look at them to compare ect.
When I smoked them it was kinda hard to tell the difference for me.
If I knew what one it was I could tell, in a blind test not so easily, for me anyway.
Experience may vary by the user.
Some folks are hash experts/connoisseurs.
These folks probably can tell the difference, just sayin’, I am not in this league.

1 Like

Nice, good point!
For sure more investigation is needed before making assumptions.
One thing to think about when considering your statement is…

Oil is soluble in alcohol, it is not in water, so it may in fact float on the water with the fats ect.

But those/your facts certainly need to be considered.
I guess like anything else, we would know from a proper test.

I am a cheap ass, I always want to know the test results, but I never want to pay for the tests…I guess I may never know. :pleading_face:

3 Likes