First try making bubble hash

Thought I’d try making bubble hash with the rest of my outdoors, I’ve had enough of them by this point hahaha!!!

I think everything turned out great for my first try. only thing I think I may have messed up was, I may have mixed to vigorously and got a big of green in with my final product.

Looks and smells great so far.

If anyone has tips for drying/curing they’d be appreciated.

5 Likes

3 Likes

2 Likes

3 Likes

2 Likes

2 Likes

3 Likes

3 Likes

7 Likes

I like to put mine on some cardboard. The cardboard does s good job of wicking the moisture out.

5 Likes

It’s in an empty beer case. On the parchment paper

4 Likes

DO NOT USE CARDBOARD!!! That’s an easy way to ruin your hash. The green is likely from your wash not being cold enough. Should have your room at- at least 50* Fahrenheit colder if possible. Plus, let your material set for like 5 min before washing. Green could be from over agitation, but generally you can see the little flakes of plant matter when that happens. Which should mostly be caught in the higher number screens. Not like how it looks like green dye that would be the temp leaching chlorophyll out. If you can dry in freeze dryer, if not people use normal freezers with atmospheric control. Keeping the freezer as cold as possible and very dry obviously. Can use Pyrex and parchment paper for a drying surface as well, but never ever cardboard. Sorry if rambling a little bit, just trying to cover all bases. Looks great for your first wash though keep up the good work!

5 Likes

I buy 25u press screens I dry on w a towel underneath, my customer (myself) seems happy with it, therefore I’ll stick to it. I think i spent $5 on 5 screens. When finished with drying, I throw them away. Somebody much more thrifty than myself may have a way to reuse them, but for $5 I just take the L and move on :joy::rofl::joy:

Edit: damn I just checked and I actually spent $5.99 for 5. May have to reconsider my method now :face_with_raised_eyebrow:. Nah I’m good

3 Likes

Instead of cardboard, I know people on OG have suggested using coffee filters to wick…

1 Like

Word. Thanks for the tip. What in the cardboard ruins the hash?

2 Likes

It makes it taste like cardboard to me, same as when cardboard or a paper bag is used to dry or cure flower. In my opinion anyone with respect for what they’ve grown or washed wouldn’t use cardboard and stuff to dry it. In theory there shouldn’t be any need for something to wick moisture from the hash other than evaporation itself. Just spread the hash out as thin as possible and let it dry in a cool place if air drying.

1 Like

Thanks for all the info!!

@Badfishy1 I did press this with a 25 micron screen then set it on the parchment, to try and get out everything I could. And I’m super happy for the first go already.

@Artisan I used water chilled from a fridge and a ton of ice, i though this would be cold enough. The water was pretty green, I just assumed that was normal. I also let it sit for 10 min before agitating.

@hewhocoruptz thanks!

How long would I let this dry/how will I know when she’s ready?

3 Likes

Ive had better luck stirring the bucket with a large wooden spoon or something similar.

1 Like

The water and ice isn’t necessarily enough have to have your room cold too for optimal washing. Honestly though for a home wash and everything it’s hella good. Probably wouldn’t recommend the drill next time just use like an oar or a big spoon like @hewhocoruptz said. As far as letting it dry if it melts on your nail and doesn’t sizzle that’s a good indication lol

1 Like

@Artisan @hewhocoruptz thanks I’ll try the wooden spoon for sure. I’m sure I could figure out a colder room as well. Haha no sizzle!! Perfect

3 Likes