Hash with cofee filters?

I’m near my crop and the bubble bags I ordered didn’t come, I was refunded but with no bubble bags.

I was wondering If I could avoid waisting my sugar leaves, better, so I may try out the same steps but using cofee filters, see what’s going on.

Any tips or other sollutions?

I would guess not.

How much trim do you have? I often save a few batches to have enough for a bubble run.

1 Like

Just throw your trim in the freezer till you are ready to use it, I would not bother with coffee filters. Amazon can have bubble bags to you door in 24 hrs.

6 Likes

Mine are cheapo amazon ones and I like them.

5 Likes

Nothing wrong with that.

2 Likes

The source material is a bit long winded and rather tangential, but reading this question immediately brought this passage to mind.

1. You see resins glands at bottom of glass, valuable oils and terpenes
    floating on top, and on top of that water floating, clear separation seen. You lose
    immediately 30-40% using either 25 or 33 micron catch bag. From this point you should
    have gone to coffee filter 5 micron, but you don’t make money selling paper coffee
    filters
    . Everything about bags works against and retards the Ice Water technique, the
    US patent was granted in 2000, but for Europe and Canada only in 2006 (!). Every time
    you add a bag on top of the 2 bag system you can add a dilution, in a 9 bag system
    you have diluted formula a dozen times. What they neglected to tell you is that
    Mother Nature does all the work for you. The ice method made sieving and all forms of
    processing cannabis obsolete.
  2. In Clarke’s article he states nylon sieving bags as new innovative technique.
    Well thank Soumi La Valle for leaving us his great work on Hashish. Circa 1979 there’s
    pictures of a Lebanese cannabis worker holding her 70- micron sieve. This is the final
    sieve used in making the finest Lebanese hashish, they started with metal window
    screen to remove seeds and stems and that material they processed threw 3 sizes of
    nylon sieves the 1st being 150 micron –120 micron-70 micro being the last sieve used
    to make 00 hashish the finest. . They attached this Lebanese technique to the Ice
    Method and called it new innovative technique, when reality the Ice method made
    sieving obsolete. They told you to grind up your material, why? As in the ice water
    environment leaves become flexible, fiber matter stays intact, and resin glands fall
    off with simple agitation. What they don’t tell you is that the method releases the
    oils in trichomes, and that the bags have no way of collecting them, flavor, taste,
    aroma lost. Clarke calls it a new innovative technique, when sieving of Hashish goes
    back to Alexander the Great in the Bekaa Valley of Lebanon, and is one of the oldest
    techniques used by Chinese farmers in Asia going back 1000’s of years, before nylon
    they used silk, metal sieves were introduced in the 19th century and are still in use
    in Afghanistan to this day. What’s funny is that all the grow gurus never show you
    the Lebanese technique, as that would expose the fraud.
  3. There is a photo of the back of a Lebanese hash factory and mounds are
    leftover cannabis from the hash making process. I can reprocess that left over
    material, and give you more and better hashish than you made to begin with, because
    everything under 70 micron was left behind. I can do the same with any material run
    threw any bag system, flavor, aroma, taste I will recapture using correct technique.
1 Like

Interesting.

Most important fact: I’ve had good dry sieve and I’ve had good bubble and I like bubble better.

I’ve always wanted to be a fraudulent guru :rofl:

3 Likes

Thank you all for your inputs, will make a bag and fit it into freezer.

may be talking about 100g/ 150g of trimmed material.

1 Like

150g is pretty good if it’s frosty. Could be worth running. I think my last run was 200g but I’d have to check my notes.

I don’t use the freezer because I don’t have space. Just a bag in the closet :+1:

2 Likes

I gotta agree. I love my bubble… I also notice I prefer the 90 micron and 72 micron. The 25 micron gives me a more “tox’d” and hungover feeling, and the 120/160 micron while good, isnt that same flavor profile of the 90…

I think a coffee filter would add a ton of fibers…

Just freeze it till ya have the bags…

5 Likes

For sure, anything 90u to 45u I like. 25 is usually edibles or toss if I’m lazy

2 Likes

I had some material that was pretty old, some trim and bud. I bought a mesh vegetable bag from a Dollar Store, thought might as well give it a go. Looked at it under a scope and did not look too bad.

3 Likes

I have had this thought for quite a while now.
After doing a bubble run, I put the ice water outside, it froze.
But on top of the ice was an oil slick.
I said to my buddy right then…
We are losing something in this process.
I have been doing dry ice shake method ever since.

This is the only other time I have heard anyone say something like this.
I tried to bring it up in the past, folks just said I was crazy. :blush:

We need to talk more about this…

3 Likes

So I will freeze it wet or is best to let those trims dry out before freeze?

2 Likes

I put my bud straight frow the branch into the freezer but with only one hash run to my name, I’m hardly an authority. Take a look here:

Thank you for posting that link the other day, was an interesting read.

Does the dry ice method in some way preserve the oils otherwise lost by cold water sieving?

1 Like

My personal taste is to collect from 160 down to 45.

I’m too lazy to collect in between.

The 25 can be workable if it’s in the mix but I agree that if you are separating out the 25 on it’s own it’s trash.

3 Likes

Agreed, anything below 160 is great.

I get lazy too, especially since my runs are small some of the screens just become tedious

I’ll check the 120-70 and see what collects, then remove them if yield is tiny and usually just collect everything in the 45 and press it

2 Likes

A lot of it is just personal preference.

Another consideration is that sometimes the 90 and 73 are so sticky that it’s hard to work with and is closer to dabs than “hash.” “Hash” is my goal and so I do it this way.

1 Like

Definitely preference, I go half n half usually with the dabs and hash after a run

1 Like

Yup fair enough. Lots of different methods/goals.

Have you ever tried pressing just the 25?