BOG & Bros Grimm Grow Journal

I’m starting up my first grow in 16 years and figured I’d journal it out. I’ll be running bog sweet Cindy, bog sour boggle, and bros grimm fem cinderella xx.

Soaking and germing 5x sour boggle 5x sweet Cindy 3x cinderella xx. I’m hoping for 7-8 healthy females out of the bunch.

I’m running a 645 luxx in a 5x5 gorilla tent and will be using fox farm happy frog with organic nutes.

I’ll be updating this as things progress, hope you enjoy!

59 Likes

Welcome back to the show man. It’s good to see you. :slight_smile:
:guitar:

9 Likes

Kindly clear out that far right corner, gonna sit for a spell to observe you doin’ your thing. Indeed, WELCOME BACK, continued success, stay safe, take special care, and be well…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :heart_eyes:

12 Likes

This is one I’ll definitely follow along with!

@Derpterps, I know you’re looking for ladies, but if you get male Sweet Cindy and/or Sour Boggle, will you be making seeds?

tenor

13 Likes

Those are some nice choices for a first grow. I’m gonna be interested in seeing these. I’ve got a pack of that sour boggle and they keep whispering to me that they want to move to the front of the line. Good luck with the grow.

11 Likes

No plans to do so right now. It’s mostly a space issue but if I can setup a second flower room I’ll def consider it.

If it doesn’t happen this round, I’ve got a decent stock of bog beans and will be growing out some males in the future. I’ve got - sweet Cindy, sweet n sour Cindy, sour boggle, sour grape, sour bluetooth, lifesaver, lsd, and lifestar.

20 Likes

Understood, @Derpterps. Having recently made a bunch of beans, I can appreciate the space and time it takes, and the mess it leaves behind (pollen is ubiquitous!). If you’d like, I’ll volunteer my space and time :wink:

10 Likes

Damn thats a fine selection. Here’s hoping you make some crosses from them

10 Likes

Wow, two awesome BOG strains I missed out on, I’m watching this! Make sure you take cuttings before flip! I’d hate to hear that someone loose a good BOG keeper!

8 Likes

I think i will hang around for this one. :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Welcome everyone! Thanks for joining the show :blush:

I just ordered a vivosun 2’ 4 bulb t5 light for seedlings and early veg. Today I’ll be putting together the ventilation and carbon scrubber in the tent and putting those beans in paper towels. I’ll update with pictures later.

Enjoy your Sunday!

8 Likes

Gonna get crowded in here real soon.
Down for the ride

5 Likes

All the seeds sank after 16 hours soaking and have been put into paper towels.

I’ve got some vivosun pulleys on the way to drop my led 6 inches. That’ll help fit the ventilation fan and carbon scrubber so that installation will have to wait till Wednesday.

17 Likes

I just ordered a second 2x4 tent for veg and clones :wink: I upgraded that T5 vivosun to the 4’ 8 bulb version as well.

8 Likes

16 years later… im in let’s grow!

5 Likes

Started growing again last year after a 19 year break. It’s like riding a bike my man. You just hop on…and GROW

9 Likes

Very different bike in my case lol. Like going from a tricycle to a dirt bike. 12-15yrs ago I had a 24”x12”x36” computer desk with 4x 42w cfl, just started again two cycles ago in a 3x3x6ft tent with 315w of LEDs :joy:

7 Likes

As of today 4/5 sour bog, 4/5 sweet Cindy, and 3/3 cinderella xx have germinated and I put them in jiffy seed sprouting strips. The Bros Grimm Cinderella XX’s roots looked really healthy and most of the bog beans did too.

The two bog beans that didn’t fully germ showed signs of tap roots and will get an extra day in the paper towels.

I’ve got a govee bluetooth temp/humidity reader in with the seedlings. I can get a reading to my phone if I’m in the house and the charting is pretty cool. I’m going to add a wifi temp stick for remote readings.

15 Likes

Outdoor temps are rising and temp/humidity controlled ventilation and a carbon scrubber went in the tent today. I went with the AC Infinity Cloudline T6 and a Terrabloom 24" carbon filter.

I also grabbed some vivosun pulleys to drop my LEDs which are working beautifully.

I’m waiting for some zip ties to show up and then I’ll install a 12" fan inside the tent for airflow. Feels good to see everything come together!

Setting up a second veg/clone tent is on the menu for next week :sunglasses:

18 Likes

I hung small fans with those light pulley things, that way I can direct them at different levels and change as the plants grow.

4 Likes