Heady Bear's Den- "Choose Your Own Adventure" OG Style!

So excited it’s working out! Will be super cool to pop the beans brother!!

3 Likes

It would be an honor to grow your creation in my garden my friend. Thank you

4 Likes

That would be exciting.
Sure interested to see how she turns out for you also! :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

This generation will be my responsibility for sure, and I appreciate the shout out! I hadn’t thought about it that way yet :blush:
Since we have the privilege of knowing it’s lineage, I want to again honor the fact that the original cross was done by DarthCultivar, followed by @Guitarzan F2 reproduction.
Also, love to @misterbee , who put these in my hands in the first place!

9 Likes

What exactly is mama haze?

5 Likes

Maui Mango Haze is Maui Wowie x Mango Haze
I quickly got tired of typing it out, so I call them MaMaHaze.
You can see Guitarzans repro here:

8 Likes

I’m late to the thread, my bad H.B. :+1:

5 Likes

Much like a wizard, you’ve arrived precisely when you’re meant to!

6 Likes

I love the abbreviation. I might have just got it down to mh! I’ll check out the link you provided. Thank you

2 Likes

Now I remember! Lol

1 Like

The seed will finish no problem. When you harvest cut off the buds and leave as many fan leaves on the plant as you can, or chop off the top of the plant and leave the lowers to finish
If there are sill fresh stigmas and enough green plant matter remains on the plant, you can pollinate even at harvest time, and still get some seed sometimes…not always. I’ve even pollinated at harvest time and then put the plants under 24 hours light schedule and they will make seed as they reveg

4 Likes

Thanks for the information and confirmation @Upstate

What’s been on my mind recently is this: I have some Mango Haze F2’s inbound, so if I can ever get some legitimate Maui Wowie (I know Cherry Bomb is out there, but the reviews I’ve heard are meh), I’d like to run a project to create this cross the way I wish it were done originally:
Selecting MW that lean heavily into the mood enhancing sativa characteristics, and Mango Haze with a stimulating, cerebral quality.
10-13 weeks in flower (I think I can find some longer flowering phenos in the Mango Haze F2s)
Tropical terps to round everything out, and I think you’ve got something that smokes how the name Maui Mango Haze sounds!
I think these plants are beautiful, and they reek like an Afghan, but “Maui Mango Haze” that stays under 1 meter in height, stinks like shit, and doesn’t stretch?!
Seems like we need a reboot. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

11 Likes

Stay tuned. Maybe I know something

8 Likes

Lol, of course you do. :laughing:
Staying tuned. :bear::purple_heart:

6 Likes

@Guitarzan did a great job with those. He made a SHIT TON of seed, setting the mark real high.

6 Likes

:wink: outta likes brother

5 Likes

He truly did, and from everything I’m seeing from people’s posts, the line is really stable! Plants are uniform, and consistent. I could easily run 6 in my 2x4 because they’re squat little bushes!
Like I said it’s a wonderful specimen, but the official HeadyBear strain would be a different animal entirely.
I’ll actually call it Mama Haze. :laughing:

7 Likes

I was growing a Maui Wowie (Cherry Bomb) pheno from Sebring last summer and unfortunately, I had to cull it due to bud rot but it was developing a really delicious sweet cake type aroma, I think some people did have issues with herms on some of the plants (at least growing indoors) but I never saw any nanners on the plant before I had to remove it.

15 Likes

MMH is a nice strain, (MaMaHaze is still too much typing for me, so I just call it MMH. :slight_smile: ) I’ve got 6 MMH females going now, and I just got finished collecting pollen from 4 MMH males. I’ve got a Purple Thai Haze male from Snowhigh, and I’m gonna hit a couple of those, and a couple of Super Silver Haze with that. :drooling_face:

As far as a reboot, like @Upstate said, I made a shitload of MMH seeds, so if anyone missed the Co-Op run, and wants to try them out, shoot me a DM, and I’ll send you a few. It’s a nice strain. It’s fast, the size is manageable indoors, it does good outdoors, no mold or bud rot, and it’s good weed. :v:
:guitar:

16 Likes

Thanks for chiming in, brother!
Can you speak to what the smoke is like? I haven’t seen any reports.

8 Likes