Heady Bear's Den- "Choose Your Own Adventure" OG Style!

I’ve gotten a few here in Canada where postage was due as well, the best is taxes. Oh this package says it’s worth 58.00$ you owe 32.00$ in tax and import fees! :man_facepalming:t2:

5 Likes

Yeah, I’ve been throwing mine on a scale if it’s more than three flips. I’ll just use two stamps if it’s over 30g.
@TopShelfTrees1, yeah the cost of a customs form is ridiculous, lol.

5 Likes

Oof! The Trainwreck girls were not hungry!
I gave them that light feed, and lost a few leaves, got a few little claws, and some further yellowing on new/ upper growth.
Nothing catastrophic, but goddamn this soil is hot! Remember, it’s literally been cut 50/50 with unammended soil base, and it’s still going strong at day 33 of flower.
For future forum researchers, this is regarding Build-a-soil (BuildASoil, build a soil) 3.0 blend.

6 Likes

It should grow right out. We’ve all been there my man.

3 Likes

U.S. based bean winners and trade recipients: Your seeds are in the mail!
That’s @Weednerd.Anthony @Oldtimerunderground @ItsintheGenetics @BudWhisperer

Others who are international, or waiting on a gift, I’m sorting out postage, and a lack of scotch tape, but will have your envelopes out shortly!

13 Likes

Okay, let’s meet another possibility for the Breeder Pack grow!

Lavender Jack
I bought these seeds from @Great_lakes_Genetics as my very first purchase after setting up my tent again. Fantastic seedbank, as many of you know.

Genetics Overview
Vintage Jack Herer x Wookie
Wookie of course, is Lavender x Appalachia, hence Lavender Jack.

About the breeder
The breeder is Bodhi. Object of desire for cannabis growers worldwide. You can’t pigeonhole the guy, and you can’t predict what he’ll do next, but, in general, it’s gonna be great.

What do we know about her?
I think we’ll let other cultivator descriptions do the work here:
From user CherryLimeRicky at RIU
Lavender Jack (Jack Herer 10k cut x Wookie 15)

Had 2 females out of 4 seeds, grown in Fox Farm Ocean Forest soil, fed bat guano and top dressed with Happy Frog soil conditioner.

Pheno1 - seems to be Wookie dominant, more compact, dense flowers with copious resin production and shorter overall growth pattern compared to the other pheno. Dry flowers smell skunky at a distance but upon breaking open a nug, you get a sweet hashiness with just a touch of floral perfume. The flavor came out quite earthy but with a sweetness to it. Not super loud, but enjoyable none the less. Effects were mostly somatic, a nice chillness slowly comes over the body with a mellow mental lift. A pleasant smoke if you don’t want to be completely immobilized and need to get stuff done. Pulled at 60 days; Yield was decent due to bud density.

Pheno 2 - Grew taller and skinnier with medium density flowers compared to pheno1; Trichome production was excellent as well. Very much a Jack Herer/Haze type smell when dried, with an unmistakable lavender-bubblegum note that was absolutely divine, could not get my nose out of the jar. This transferred into the taste as well, a sweet floral bubblegum haze that lit up the room with a sharp incense-like quality. A very high quality smoke indeed, resulted in several season vets commenting on its uniqueness. The effects are equally impressive, and induces a child-like state where everything becomes fun and alluring, laughs come easily and often; Quite euphoric and active. Pulled @ 60days; Yield was average, but likely due to being pulled a week or 2 early, family visit caused me to rush. I would definitely grow this plant again, hopefully the pheno pops back up in my last 8 seeds.

So, altogether, reviews of LJ are very positive, and the potential for unique terpenes is high!
Flowering time likely 10 weeks.

And that’s all I got for her, the Lavender Jack, and your 5th contestant on this Choose Your Own Adventure!

20 Likes

Damn, you’re making this hard. I really like the sound of the daytime smoke possibilities of this one.

3 Likes

Totally! Out of his selections, this one gets a lot of love, and I love a good euphoric smoke.

5 Likes

Holy crap, that’s rough

1 Like

Nice sounding flower

2 Likes

Indeed. I’m very curious to see which one will ultimately be selected!

1 Like

Thanks for the shout out. Great description. :+1: :100:

2 Likes

Really glad you found something you liked :heart_eyes: Thanks for sharing with me and everybody else. :100:

I still have the starfighter leaning mother. I lost the long bottom leaf Leaning mother :frowning_face:

6 Likes

Well you’re welcome to DM for some f3s if you want @Great_lakes_Genetics , it would be novel to send seeds to you rather than receive them from you! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::rofl:
Appreciate you stopping by, and the kind words :bear::v:

6 Likes

Alright my friends, some budshots here at day 37 for the Trainwreck girls.

66 days flowering for Echo, and she’s starting to show some trichomes, and has some faint, but lovely aromas, today I actually got a little whiff of something tropical! As you can see, the buds are taking their sweet time. @Upstate this is good practice for the Oaxaca! :rofl::bear::v:

Flowerpower420 (I’m using this as a searchable keyword so I can easily find posts where I state the current veg or flower day; term suggested by my funny hippie roomie :rofl::v::bear:)

20 Likes

I gotchu, fam:

8 Likes

Most excellent! Dude, thank you. I’ve been hunting for sales almost every day, and haven’t found one that good! Even secondhand tents cost more than that!
I’m gonna send a message and see when they’ll be back in stock

5 Likes

Oh I almost forgot! I noticed a significant phenotypic difference between Ivan and the other two TWs:

Ivan, in addition to being shorter, and limited to 4 main branches, puts out 7 fingers where the other two produce 9 leaflets. Buds are also wider and denser. Very curious how the smoke will differ.

12 Likes

Damn that’s some nice looking plants there and some purrty buds.

1 Like

I wish I would’ve jumped when I had the chance, jack herer is a favorite of mine and all the phenos I’ve seen of the lavender jack just look fire af, seems like a match made in heaven with the wookies lavender terps

4 Likes