Heady Bear's Den- "Choose Your Own Adventure" OG Style!

You are always most welcome here my friend @Heliosphear !

Hey, everybody, I’m gonna remind you all about sprouted seed teas.
Now, I know some of you use them already, but for those who don’t: GET ON THE TRAIN! :station::light_rail:
I used a sprouted corn tea today, and within hours the plants are more vibrant, and glowing green.
I’m a believer. Maybe I’ll make one with alfalfa next week.
Kelly

Echo Jammer Ivan

12 Likes

No issues should be fine

3 Likes

Tower control: prepare to drop
Helios 420: Roger, Bear-Squad ready!
Tc: Green light! Go Go Go…

Ground team move!

Aqua team Meeting a @HeadyBearAdventures

Stopped by for the Tea Party :sunglasses: Keep the great Updates coming.

12 Likes

@Heliosphear !
I’m so honored.
I went through and zoomed in on each one and was just shouting and laughing with glee!
Your art has been a touchstone, and a point of interest for me the entire time I’ve been a member here, so I really want to make clear how meaningful it is to me that you make the time to be authentically present and to participate in this community in a way that is so uniquely yours.
Thank you again.

Oh, and who would fuck with this guy?!:

Nobody. That’s who.
When are we doing our cross country moto-tour Helio?

BEAR SQUAD: ROLL OUT!!

9 Likes

@420noob, the color of the nutrient water shouldn’t effect the ability to read the color code chart of the litmus paper. :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

3 Likes

@Heliosphear your work is amazing

4 Likes

Heres a few pics of the Trainwreck @HeadyBearAdventures , barely made it through the first trellis layer, but again, it had zero veg time.

17 Likes

Oh man @BeagleZ , she’s so pretty!
(No pressure headybear)

How long did she flower approximately? 55 days like Twenty20 says, or longer?

These plants are right where I want them, but they’ve only been on 12/12 for 8 days.

Echo is at 37F and looks like she’s got pleeeeenty of time left. She’s only recently started any notable trichome production, and she’s awash in white pistils, despite a FAT apical bud already.
I promise I’ll do a real photo shoot next week!

4 Likes

This one went about 68-70 days if I remember correctly, but I was trying to push the amber out of her. Not sure when these pics were taken though.

4 Likes

I’m gonna plan on 70.
I’d rather start the Oaxaca late, than have it get out of control in veg!

4 Likes

Some photos for you my friends!

Here’s Echo’s apical bud that I mentioned

Group shot

Jammer, 1 too dark, 1 washed out, but you get the idea.

Ivan

Kelly

And Fox is now a bouquet awaiting pollen collection

Onward!!

Edit:
Out of the 6 white Alpha x Beta LBF F3 seeds, there is some life!

I sent @MyLittleGrundle a full pack of mature, brown, tiger striped beans, so as soon as we know if they germinate, I’ll host a giveaway!

14 Likes

The deed is done!

12 Likes

I like those deeds.

2 Likes

Echo looks like a great smoke! No fake resin on that one. I see resin heads without even zooming in😁

1 Like

Thanks @Upstate ! She’s looking way better than the LBF grown in the full strength BAS 3.0

In other news, after 9 days in the drying tent, I spent last night trimming and bagging Charlie (LBF F2).
Seriously different aromas than Alpha…honestly it smells like Jack Herer (and I’ve smoked a lot of JH), with slightly more emphasis on a lemon note than what Jack has. Maybe a Jack’s Cleaner pheno…hmmm. Glittering with trichomes.
I’ll do an uncured smoke report soon.
I didn’t check the mass yet, but yield was as bad as her sister; probably under 2 zips after the cure.
These girls never looked unhappy, so if anyone has a suggested culprit for low yield, based on the way I grow, I’d be open to constructive feedback.
Don’t be shy about basic shit either, because I might not know.
For reference, I start in 3 inch fabric grow bags, directly placed in a 1 gallon airpot for transplant 1, then 3 gallon for transplant 2. Soil for flower was BAS 3.0 at full strength (cut by 50% with neutral substrate during veg).
Watered on alternating days with dechlorinated (Boogie Blue inline filter) municipal water, and a blend of KNF and JADAM inputs (fermented “fertilizers”, and microorganism concentrates).
Lighting during veg is a SF1000 from Spider Farmer, flower under an HLG 300 RSPEC.
Tents maintain around 45 percent RH controlled by Inkbird hydrostatic and a suspended impeller humidifier.
The obvious thing here is the huge nutrient concentration, but again they didn’t show any signs of burning, and they faded appropriately at senescence.
I’ve also considered the fairly short veg time (30 days), but there was plenty of vegetative mass after the stretch, she just never filled it with buds.
Last, I acknowledge it could be genetic, but I read many reviews that were very impressed with the LBF yield specifically. Add to that the fact that 2 very different phenos demonstrated the same lackluster yield, and it really seems to be environmental.
Anyway, let me know y’alls thoughts if you have a minute.
@BeagleZ @DesertHeartGardens @HumblePie420 @ReikoX @Greenfingers @herojuana.tom @Emeraldgreen @Gpaw
And anybody else!

8 Likes

You know I like your style, but I do think a larger volume of soil could help.
Maybe not a 100 gallon pot but 15’s maybe? Go as big as the joists will allow lol

In my mind, when dealing with organics and microbes like we do specifically, the more room the better. The more IMO the more nutrient exchange will happen in the rhizosphere :man_shrugging:

Or, you know what @CrunchBerries would say :wink:

4 Likes

Point taken. I could manage 2 20 gallon Grassroots living soil pots in the 2x4. 2 plants per pot, with a net to direct growth…I could run 2 days of 12/12 in veg to sex plants early, keep males in pots, and transplant females to the 20 gals
Since I only pop 4 seeds at a time, even a 100% fem run would fit in that 2x4 configuration.
Thank you brother. Food for thought.

3 Likes

Did you see the post the other day about the SIP modification of an indoor Grassroots bed?
Amazing. I was drooling.

5 Likes

I did indeed!! so many :bulb: :bulb: :bulb: :bulb: :bulb:

4 Likes

This is the way if you can swing it the large pots really allow you to get more roots for more fruits I’ve tried doing smaller pots and it works out but not nearly as good as larger volumes

7 Likes