Bodhi Spirit Train- Trainwreck Pheno Hunt

Dropped the whole pack last night (8/22). I’m going on a trainwreck pheno hunt. 1st & foremost- looking for a keeper. After that, I have some ideas on my 1st breeding project but the specific phenos I find and the results will dictate whether I deviate from those plans. Super pumped to be popping an entire pack. Plus this is the first breeder pack ive purchased and popped. Everything else has been OG members crosses and freebies.

68 Likes

Should be some nice plants in there, looking forward to seeing more of what the kashmir male puts out.
Any plans to do an F2 open pollination with the pack. Give yourself a broad spectrum of beans to search through in the future.

9 Likes

Yeah, plans are obviously subject to change, but high level- I plan to do the F2 OP, then select wreck leaning phenos for a couple generations. Then depending how that goes, was thinking about back crossing to the Arcata cut if I can get it, or just introduce some other TW genetics at some point after I work the spirit train in the TW direction.

I’m doing this out of nostalgia for a cut I grew 15 years ago. If I dont find something close to what was my #1 strain before I took 15 years off, I’ll likely scrap it and move onto sonething else. Sounds like a good plan to my newb ass!

33 Likes

Sounds like you got the next grows all accounted for, should be a good time. Good luck, happy pheno hunting.

7 Likes

Ooh, I’ve only had train wreck once. Pine flavored buds that after smoking, you’re taking a nap, without fail. Always wondered if it was legit, what do you think.

10 Likes

Yeah the pine flavor fits the bill, not sure about the nap part bc I believe its a heavy sativa leaner and I honestly cant remember effects from that long ago other than it was potent.

I always described it as this really unique sausage/sage smell while flowering and after drying. But in the cure it became very lemon pine sol, but still kept the sausage smell. We always joked it smelled like turkey dinner. We also used to blast BHO very crudely then and it was straight lemon/pine youd get from the concentrate.

14 Likes

Why not just grow train wreck? Or is it you have these and like that plant.

4 Likes

I dont have the Trainwreck, picked these up around 4/20 this year. I want to take on some kind of pollination/breeding project and this is what interested me the most. I figured I could get some experience w crosses and breeding and maybe I’ll create something I want to keep around awhile. More just me messing around, having fun, learning and upping my grow experience/knowledge.

20 Likes

Big fan of anything TW
Iv grown Wreckage by TH seeds which has a sage background and a great high
I would definitely grow that again
Good luck with the hunt
I’ll pull up a chair joint rolled popcorn in hand

9 Likes

Thats a good enough reason as any.
I have 2 or 3 trainwreck arcata s1 going from GHS. Smells good in veg .

9 Likes

Hi Hugh have you grown out the GHS before ? How’s it smoke

3 Likes

Not their trainwreck . Green house seeds has awesome strains imo. Franco was a great breeder.

4 Likes

I have to say I have never grown out anything from them I see some interesting thing I do need to try just got so much in the wings but they are in the list
And also much respect for our lost brother Franco
Peace
Paps

5 Likes

Keep me posted how your grow goes, maybe somewhere down the line we do a little TW trading.

5 Likes

I dont want to derail this mans thread.
I will say this. If you were pissed at your ex business partner what would you say about him? Point being I dont believe what either one of them say about each other . I care about the smoke and thats it. Ive grown strains from ghs and mns with great success.
End rant back to spirit train!

7 Likes

Sounds good . Im trying to take clones now to secure cuts after they flower. The summer heat made it hard.

3 Likes

Cool man i look forward to seeing these making it to the top!! You definitely selected a great breeder my friend. Ill follow along. Good luck!!

4 Likes

8/12 are up with their leaves out. 1 more showing at the soil level. The others should pop in the next 24 hrs I’d think. Keeping the dome off the tray since the majority are up now.

15 Likes

All 12 showing but not all of them in the clear. The one in the second picture above is the same as the second pic below- looks like I may lose it to damping off.

Potted into solo cups last night. Can’t stop this train!

Last one to emerge

17 Likes

Is it a problem that after seeing this pack pop over the last week, I immediately want to pop something else? I guess I’m just bored but I’m on the verge of digging something out for the hell of it and seeing what I get- knowing full well that doesnt jive w my plans and will likely cause me all sorts of space issues!

12 Likes