Basement hempy with sils, lots of beans, “breakfast weed”

Hello!
I’m going to use this space to share my grow, discuss my plants, and get some feedback from you all.

So the title kinda says it all, I grow in half soil hempies, use Maxibloom, calimagic and ph up, in tap water. 150 watts ok 5000k sils. Small space, 30 in x 20 in x 70ish.

I prefer herb that doesn’t make me sleepy, I can sleep anywhere without help haha. Favorite thing I ever grew was chocolope, and you’ll see most of my seeds are sativa dominant. I like herb that makes things brighter, and make you feel awake. Bonus if you laugh a lot and don’t grind your teeth lol.

I’ll throw up some plant pics soon, got 3 of Copas Crazy Bitch going right now, 11/13 from seed. Til then here are the things I plan on running in the next little while, up to 6 plants at a time. I don’t keep clones, and intend to make some seeds out of each run. I have some other bag seeds and stuff too, but that’s not as impressive is it haha!

Edit: the unreadable Bhodi packs are Forest Queen and WOMO, both freebies. The top left are some Afterthought autos that I didn’t realize were actually photoperiods haha. Pivotal moment and Anodyne, hoping for some really mellow, kind stuff to share

60 Likes

Nice selection there bud.

4 Likes

Thanks for stopping to take a peak!

5 Likes

Here are the CBs, around 5 weeks from seed, started in 11/13 light cycle, transplanted a week ago into the 2.5 gal hempy. Basements cold now too, 61 at night, 72 lights on. Once they get a bit taller I’ll tie them over to the side of the bucket to spread them out a bit and get some light in the center.
Had a nice male too, but it kept throwing pistils, so I trashed him. Last of these beans too, so that’s a bit of a bummer.

28 Likes

A nice little collection there my friend, great genetics, looking forward to seeing them produce.

5 Likes

Thank you, hope I can bring the best out of them and give a good show!

4 Likes

Think Ill follow along. :smiley:

4 Likes

Hope there is room for one more freeloader. Gonna take off my shoes, kick up my feet and watch the show!

5 Likes

Pleeeenty of room, come on in!

3 Likes

That hillbilly fighter sounds interesting. I hadn’t seen that one.
I’ll tag along if there’s room.
Good vibes for ya :+1::+1:

3 Likes

Any silica product will raise your ph and builds plants stronger. Must be mixed in water first though.

6 Likes

I actually have run a few of those! Nice smoke, really relaxing. And the resin was like, really slippery greasy. Will run again! And the more the merrier!

6 Likes

I had been using ArmorSi, but it started dropping out and getting all mucky so I switched out to the ph up. And yeah, I would mix that with my water first, then the other nutes. Definitely seemed to get worse the longer I owned the bottle, can it go bad in the bottle or get contaminated? I still have it if there is a way to unfuck the bottle.

4 Likes

I don’t know if it expires but you do have to shake it well before you use it. I let the water get to room temperature, mix the armour si(same as I use) in a smaller container and then slowly add to the water. Wait a day before adding other nutrients and follow the instructions for order of adding your nutrients. I would always get precipitate before I started doing this.

4 Likes

Hey @potpotpot you say your hempys are half soil. Whats the other half consist of?

1 Like

That is to the letter the process I use. The strange thing is it seemed to be getting worse and worse, which is why I folded and got the ph up. Maybe I’ll shoot GH a message and see if they think spoilage is possible.

2 Likes

They are half soil, roots in this case, and the other half is chunky perlite. Bottom two inches(up to the hole in the bucket) is plain chunky perlite. I ran straight perlite before, but was having all sorts of whacky ph stuff happen. Swapped to half soil and cut my nutes in half, now we’re smooth sailing.

7 Likes

Gottcha. I have transplanted plants that were growing in 1 gal soil pots into 3 gal hempy pails before. So a little less than a gal of soil and the rest perlite. Did it a number of times with good results.

3 Likes

So along the way one variation I tried was starting in soil in solo cups, then transplanting to straight perlite. A soil plug I’ve seen people call it. The easiest I’ve found is to start right into the 1/2 soil 1/2 perlite, but I didn’t have enough perlite ready when I started the seed, so I started in cups of the same soil/perlite mix, then transplanted once they showed sex.

4 Likes

So right after I posted that I mixed up a 1/2tsp to a cup of distilled water, let it sit over night. The next morning I added it a gallon of my tap water, which was room temp. Let sit for a day. Added my maxi bloom and calimagic, and nothing has dropped out yet. I had been seeing a feathery, slimy looking substance in the jug, appearing shortly after mixing the other nutes in.

The only thing I did different here is pre mix the armor si with distilled first, and having the tap water at room temp (67*), before I was mixing straight out of the tap, which now is probably high 40s or low 50s.

GHs contact form asks for too much info, so I decided to say screw that.

3 Likes