Heady Bear's Den- "Choose Your Own Adventure" OG Style!

Got it covered, house has central, and I have a 10,000 BTU portable backup unit for when outside temps get above 110

2 Likes

@ReikoX (and anyone who has thoughts!)
As I’ve mentioned, the Trainwreck girls are in a 50/50 mix of BAS 3.0, and essentially inert medium. They’re at 23 days flowering.
Would it be prudent to begin feeding them? No signs of deficiency, but I’d like to avoid that as my first sign to add nutrients.

It kinda depends on if you’re gonna brew a tea to feed or just top dress. Obviously, top dressing will take longer to become available. Right?
Thoughts?

2 Likes

It would, but the nutrients I’ll be adding are anaerobic ferments, so they’ll be available upon application.

1 Like

I would gonwith a light feeding. Like Slownickle says, if you see a deficiency, you’re already too late. :wink:

4 Likes

Thought so. Maybe just give em a light dose, as to not burn them?
I’d have to agree though. Much better than having to correct a deficiency after the fact.

Well, @ReikoX beat me to it! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Goldfish
These were gifted to me by a user who isn’t around much anymore, but in his time he gave away A LOT of seeds: @ciganomarola ! I was the beneficiary of this pack, and it was one of the first gifted breeder packs I received here.

About the Breeder
Hazeman Seeds mainly reworks (crosses and reproductions) classic, well known, landrace, and popular strains. Their genetic library often relies on the strength of other well known breeders such as Bodhi, Coots, and Reeferman.
Utilizing proven genetics, rather than pheno hunting the latest hype strains, they’ve been able to make some truly great strains available at a “value” price.
Looking at the MASSIVE catalog they offer, it’s obvious that any search for truly elite cuts would require a lot of work on the part of the end- cultivator, but there are almost certainly keepers hidden in Hazeman work.

Genetic Overview
Kodiak Gold x Black Tuna (Black Tuna is Herojuana x Lambsbreath)

What do we know?
“I can tell you this much about Goldfish: they’re strong, fast growers”
“My Goldfish is a heavy, heavy feeder.”

Not very much in the way of documentation on Google, just some references. RIU or THCFarmer had a guy growing it outdoors, and it was about 2.5 meters tall, and had fat, super dense buds (probably from the Kodiak Gold)
Another cultivator noted that he planted his outdoors when it was a foot tall, and it ended up getting to 7 feet.
Research into the parent strains reveals some solid praise for both Kodiak Gold:

“the best potential to find “high potency” purple in my collection would be in the kodiak gold you will find “lavender pheno” 1 in 25 should show these interesting colars and they are very very potent lower PH during the wrinse will also bring out the purples more in my experience”
“We never saw a lavender untill the f-7 seedlings we had seen shades and highlights but untill inbreeding further we never saw it in the line , the tall and short pheno have always been in the strain the golden sativa pheno is the strongest in my opinion but the lavender is up there which is rare we see this in a purple its a more subtle purple indoors we were blown way when we saw how dark she went outdoors from the cutting”
“Kodiak Gold makes me giggle like a little school girl…it is some of the goofiest shit ever”

And: Black Tuna, which, by all accounts is a great Hazeman strain, and even much better than his Tuna Kush (some version of which was recently reproduced here on OG, but it’s origins are a little unclear).
About the Tuna Kush:

The strength of this bud is largely described as narcotic, and because of this, it is not recommended for beginners and even some intermediate smokers. The high begins relatively easy going, then quickly dives into a hard and loopy state. It will be nearly impossible to keep your eyes open, or even steady for that matter, after just a few minutes. This cerebral rush ebbs and flows through the high that can sometimes last for hours.This is an amazing strain. I felt it right away works on pain almost instantly, heavy munchies, and a good nights sleep. It leans over in the morning but just a relaxing feeling. Love it!Black Tuna is a heavy sedative and therefore is beneficial for sufferers of chronic pain, pain due to injury, inflammation, and insomnia. In some cases, a user’s appetite is greatly increased and as a result makes this strain great for the treatment of anorexia, lack of appetite, and other diseases, disorders, or syndromes where hunger is decreased dramatically. Mental health issues and other mood disorders such as depression, anxiety, stress, bipolar, and some mild cases of PTSD are also manageable with Black Tuna, however, it should not be used as primary treatmentthe flavors are rich in spice and tartness, the aromas lean toward funky and almost putrid. The spiciness of the smoke tends to balance that out, though. Rest assured, these sage and purple colored buds are well worth the try.

Unsure of the source of his “Lambs Bread”
Scratch that.
It’s probably this:

3RD Place Peoples Choice, 2015 High Times World Cup

An uplifting cerebral treat wrapped in an Earthy sweet herbal bouquet best describes this Old School Connoisseur’s delight. Legend has it the original In-Bred Line (IBL) goes all the way back to King Solomon, having made it’s way to Jamaica via seeds by non other than H.I.M. Haile Selassie

This strain represents the relationship Reeferman Genetics™ has been cultivating with Accompong, a recognized self-governing nation located on the Island of Jamaica. RMG™ has developed fruitful inroads, in taking an active role in working with the village community where Ganja has long played a part of the local culture.

This Lambsbread strain grows strong and upright limbs that develop into long spear like bright green buds that glisten with a matting of fine resins at maturity. The experience is very happy and motivational, making it of considerable value for potential therapeutic applications; as well as for anyone looking for an uplifting and comfortable long lasting buzz. A great day time choice that lends itself well to creativity.

Ideal for indoor growing, and may be a good candidate for greenhouse cultivation. Does not require long amounts of vegetative growth in order to reach a respectable size after around 12 weeks of flowering in a 12/12 lighting cycle. Indoor growers can finish plants at around two and a half to three feet at maturity by starting seed under 24 hours of light for just two to three weeks before inducing the budding phase.

With strong light levels good bud density can be achieved with fairly high yields in an overall manageable length of cropping time.

Great vigor, good yields and truly spectacular smoke are just a few of the many great reasons to give this unique and important heritage strain a try.

Yield

Good-Very Good
Flowering Time

+12 weeks
Height

+125%
Appearance

Long full bright green spear like buds encrusted with a fine coating of exotic equatorial resins
Aroma

Sweet and earthy
Effects

Very cerebral, happy motivational high with little drop down; a great day time or social smoke.

Pretty clearly a hybridized version of “lambsbread” so, she probably smokes like a dispensary sativa.

I imagine the f1s will be heavy Indica vibes, but f2 could reveal some of the more dynamic aspects of the underlying genetic structures.
Anyone else know anything, or have seen anything about this strain?

14 Likes

Love it. Thanks you guys, for confirming it for me.
Tomorrow is a watering day, so I’ll incorporate a half dose of liquid fertilizer mañana.

5 Likes

More info about a contender for the Breeder Pack run:

Vietnam Bomb
These were gifted to me as a surprise extra, in a package from @Dirt_Wizard , thank you brother!

Genetics overview:
Blue Orca/(Vietnam Black x The One/Panama) x Talk of Kabul/Vietnam Black

About the breeder (from Seedfinder)
"Swami Organic Seed is the embodiment of “pura vida” in organically produced cannabis seed. Utilizing the Living Organic Soil methodology we helped establish in cannabis gardening along with Brotherhood of Eternal Love genetics we were gifted by a former BOEL member/associate, we breed for various outcomes in cannabis.

Preservation of Heirloom Cannabis Genetics

Preservation and future development of these heirloom and BOEL genetics are among the priorities we take as a responsibility to cannabis. I personally remember what it was like to enjoy cannabis of the 70’s, and as cannabis activists we are dedicated to bringing these forgotten human pleasures to the modern age. We bring lifetimes worth of cannabis history, cannabis gardening, and cannabis genetics together in Swami Organic Seed.
Why Do We Do This?

Because multiple combinations of poorly selected breedings over the last few decades have produced disease prone types that often lack the desired effects in both indica and sativa preferences. The stronger indicas that were ever present twenty years ago are all but extinct today. Sativa types have been selected to near monotony as well. Overall, the more important genetic aspects of cannabis are often overlooked and bred out. We’re on a mission to change this and make available to future generations that which is truly great cannabis."
Swami Organic Seed :: Breeder Info & Cannabis Strains.

What do we know about her?

Well, here locally @TokerJayG grew some out a while back, and posted about it!
If you scroll from the first link, he includes more info and pictures pretty much for the rest of the thread.

Blue Orca is supposedly: Kandahar Afghani x '76 Thai Stick

Flavors & Smells: Earthy, Pine, Skunk

Medical Uses: Depression, Euphoric, Fatigue, Pain

–‐----------------
Then we have two appearances of the Vietnam Black; The first is as the mother crossed to The One x Panama.
According to Swami’s description the father plant in that cross (The One x Panama)carried these genetics:

This is a 3-­way landrace polyhybrid. Expressions range from indica to sativa with many keepers. Coot’s Afghani x Thai pollinated with our worked Panama line.

Known Phenotypes:
Kandahar Afghani,Thai stick,Panama landrace.

Growth/Appearance:
Plants tend to be shorter than expected,but some sativa expressions dominate a smaller percent of the population. Plants pick up color in cooler temperatures,dark purples and blues.

Scent:
Fuel, OG, spice

Flowering Time:
56 – 65 days

Breeder’s Notes:
This was the breeders intention to put the Central American line in the Afghani and Thai

The second appearance of his Vietnam Black appears as the father paired with the mother, Talk of Kabul.
I found one reference indicating that Bodhi’s Talk of Kabul is what was used, so that bodes well (get it? Bodes?). Beyond that ToK is one of those Afghani’s with stories about warlords and military vets, etc. Legendary indica blah blah blah

Now, that leaves a couple nebulous areas.

1. I can’t find info about his Vietnam Black, except that it may have come from Coots at some point, but that’s a shaky correlation.

2. Swami also calls Blue Orca “The One”, and it is linked as such on Seedfinder. This would mean that the cross is:
    (Blue Orca x (Vietnam Black x (Blue Orca xPanama))) x (Talk of Kabul x Vietnam Black)

So at its core, it’s a landrace polyhybrid consisting of 2 Afghan strains, 1 from Panama, 1 from Vietnam (potentially hybridized), and 1 Thai, and technically A Blue Orca BX, A Panama BX, and a Vietnam BX. Feels like a really fun dice roll.

Again, if anyone has, or finds additional info, feel free to post it on up!

17 Likes

Looks to be a tasty plant to grow. Should be some electric trippy bud sure sparkles in the picture.

5 Likes

Indeed! I’ll honestly be thrilled with any of these strains being selected for my next round.

7 Likes

Amazing information

3 Likes

Dang! I’m definitely down for that!

3 Likes

Sounds amazing.

1 Like

Contender number three for the Breeder Pack run!

Bloodhound
In December of 2021 (I had been a member for 1 month!), @JohnnyPotseed held an auction in support of the site, and of some needs that he and and his wife had at the time. This was before JPS was a vendor and sponsor here at OG! I pulled quite a few strains from his collection that day, and Bloodhound was one of them.

Genetics Overview
Chemdawg x Dragon’s Blood Hashplant

About the Breeder
Listen, if you don’t know who JohnnyPotseed is, are you even an Overgrow member? His personal thread is over halfway through its fourth iteration (meaning that his thread, cumulatively, has over 18,500 individual posts)! He is one of the most respected, and most experienced folks on the boards, and he’s probably grown and bred cannabis for longer than I’ve been alive.
He’s the creator of the ultimate polyhybrid- Frankenstein- which, along with other creations are available right here on Overgrow! If you don’t know, now you know:

What do we know about her?
Precious little! These are a JPS original, and there have been no documented grows of it at this time.
As I understand it, JPS has held a Chemdawg mother for several years now, but I don’t know much else (except that he used to have a damn bonsai bush of her that he could cut a hundred clones from!) about his particular cut, or whether it started as a seed or a clone.
I’ve tagged him, so maybe he’ll stop by and tell us more about what his Chemdawg is like, growth-, and smoke-wise. :bear::ok_hand:
As for the other side of things, the Dragon’s Blood Hashplant came from Bodhi by way of @BigMike55 one way or another.

Mike sent Johnny pollen from this run, and I believe Mike was supplied f2 beans from a trusted member, so the pollination was from an f2 DBHP (maybe find a Hawaiian Sativa leaner in there!)
Mike if you or Johnny want to add anything at all about your parts of these, you are most welcome.

Here’s a link to my favorite description of DBHP:

Mmm… Japanese cucumber soda…

So to sum up
Bloodhound’s potential is truly unknown, but, on paper, her pedigree can’t be denied!
This is one where having the cultivators stop in would/ will be enlightening, I would think :thinking: :bear::pray:

15 Likes

Hey cuz, the Chemdawg I got was from a grower/nursery here in Oklahoma. I got clones from several CD and picked the best pheno-typical to keep as a mother. Had her running for quite a few years as clone only, while I was still in the commercial end of growing for sale to the dispos.
By ‘pheno-typical’ I mean the best CD effects, the diesel smell, the heavy/couchlock type buzz if flowered a week or so past grow guides due date lol
I also veg my plants for 3-6 months before flipping, so they get nice and bushy from topping, and training. Better mature, smoke/taste then also.
The DBHP dust from @BigMike55 I used to hit several of the CD clones, which resulted in the BloodHound.

9 Likes

Thanks for responding to the “Potseed Signal” brother!
Based on other crosses you’ve done using your Chemdawg, can you say whether she “plays nice with others” in a breeding project, or is she gonna be pretty dominant?

2 Likes

I can’t give you a straight answer to thatun cuz. F1 beans are always all over the map, pheno wise, as you know. I’d think so, and it’d be up to the individual growing the beans to pick the best pheno type to suit themselves.
I crossed CD with several strains in the time I had her going, she always did well with other strains. So, there’s that info, at least.

5 Likes

All info is good info my friend.

It always comes back around to that :bear::+1:

I know you don’t do much sleeping, but this bear has gotta do some hibernatin’.
Feel free to stop by any time Johnny… there’s a jar of prerolls somewhere around here, but @HumblePie420 is usually hogging them :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
I’ll be talking with you soon

5 Likes

Pretty much everything BOEL still in Gascan’s hands ( that he didn’t kill off ) came from Coot . Which version of Viet Black ? As most are a 60/40 hybrid . Flowering time of 65 days , so has to be Indica dom . Ton of genetics to unlock . I’d hit this with Doc D’s Zang ( Kiona 164 Viet Black x A5 Haze / Thai ) . Even then with limited space , it’d be hard to do it justice ( got the same problem ) . I’d pick @GregOG brain , he has some BOEL stuff from Swami .

2 Likes