BigMike55’s DragonBlood HashPlant Run (Signups closed)

Damn big mike!! I always said you grew Damn good looking plants!!
People just don’t realize the greatness of this seed production run…
If I was and outdoor grower I would go off the deep end if I didn’t get any of these seeds.
Big Mike you are Fucking Awesome for making these seeds!!!

11 Likes

(in my best Elvis voice) Thank ya. Thank ya vera much!

10 Likes

That’s a beautiful plant… I guess she won’t be here all week, but it’s good that you will. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Awesome progress @BigMike55

2 Likes

Actually I think they could go another couple weeks. But I need the space in a couple weeks. For my Fall/Winter run. They have been uppotted in my veg tent. But they will be needing some space quick. I have a Dragonblood Hashplant clone going full blast, 3 autos that should be winding up in a couple weeks. Then I have 2 King Tut plants, 2 Blockheads. 3 Lavender Frosting, 1 Euterria, 1 Tropicana Poison and 2 others. All in a 4 X 4 tent.
I need to get this done so I can clean out the tent real good and get it ready for some new plants.

16 Likes

Damn cuz! I don’t know how in the hell i missed this one lol I just read through the whole thread to catch up! lol and used up all of my ‘likes’ in the process :rofl:
The whole thing looked amazing and I know you’re a happy camper with the way it’s turning out cuz.
I’m gonna watch the grand finale over here on the side… :crazy_face: :laughing: :+1:

9 Likes

That will be probly about a week. Beans are looking nice and brown. Think i will set about 5 or 10 to germinate. Just to make sure they will pop, before giving them to my friends here. Thanks for stopping by.

12 Likes

This is the Dragon Blood Hash Plant, right? Or a cross?

1 Like

Yup DBHP. She’s about ready. They have been soaking in pollen for almost 9 weeks. Well, that’s how long the plants have been in flower. So subtract a couple weeks that the girls were getting ready, they were probly pollinated good for about 7-ish weeks. If I give them until this weekend, that would be 10 weeks/8 weeks since start of pollination. What do you think? Next weekend?

8 Likes

So if I took some of the pollen you gave me, and hit a girl from this seed run, it would be an F,.,. what?

2 Likes

I took them down at 10 indoors and 13 out. She will bulk again, looking at that last pic. Well done on being patient. She’s worth it!

1 Like

You got me there. I have no idea.

3 Likes

Since someone said the seeds created would be F-3, I THINK if you cross it with same pollen again would be BX backcrossed. ??? Again just speculation.

3 Likes

Kind of a backcross, but typically backcrossing is done with one of the original parents of the line. Unless they’re still alive, it’s not going to accomplish what we presumably want, which is a stabilized recreation of the original; doing it now would be backcrossing the F3s with the F2 male, which could result in a slightly stabilized version of just about anything depending on how you selected the parents in this generation. Basically, unless you’re selecting for certain traits when you’re doing this, your best bet is to just have an open pollination which it sounds like you’ve done. I think the terminology for what @MoBilly was asking is a f3bxf2, but don’t quote me on that. I’m not a scientist, I just play one on the internet.

4 Likes

So basically he will have F3 still? Just happened to be hit with F2 pollen?

2 Likes

There’s only one F2 male and 3 F2 females, right? So it’ll stabilize the traits of the F2 male a bit, but since we don’t entirely know the traits of the F2 male - particularly the female-linked traits like how it buds - it’s basically still a bit of a crapshoot, yeah. If the F2 male is genetically closer to the original F1 DBHP that’s great, if not it’ll be 50/50 whether it leans towards the Hawaiian Sativa or the 88G13HP, since one’s a landrace and one’s an IBL. I think G13HP is an IBL, anyway…

So yeah, long story short, it’ll reinforce the tendencies of the male but it’s 25/50/25 what those tendencies actually are.

4 Likes

the pollen you have is F1 pollen. the seeds mike is making are F2.
now, i don’t know if this is correct because i learnt it from cannabis boards, but f1 x f2 is usually just called an in-cross. an example of this would be lou dog’s release of casey jones ix via @tonygreen.

2 Likes

You’re off by a generation; the seeds @BigMike55 grew were F2s from a repro. He’s making F3s. And yeah, I think an in-cross just means crossing within the same line; whether the F2 x F2 that’s making these F3s, or the F2 x F3 that would be making… whatever the correct terminology is. They’re both in-crosses. If he crossed it with the Ghost OG F2 he’s running, that would be an out-cross since it’s with a different strain. Anyway, the specific type of in-cross we’re discussing would be a backcross since it’s going back to previous generations.

4 Likes

yeah you’re right. it’s probably too general of a term, but i think its the best one we got for now.

1 Like

This is a little bit more clear now. Appreciate it.

5 Likes