Hello from Maritime Seeds!

I am on reddit, twitter and Instagram under this username although I think I may only have a few posts on the last two.

3 Likes

This looks incredible! Glad to have you here looking forward to learning more about your work

2 Likes

Welcome to OG @greenbeans506!

3 Likes

Hey @greenbeans506, Welcome to Overgrow!!
:sunglasses: :+1:

Oh heck yeah! :+1: please do!

We seem to have an over representation of Canucks here on OG
(Iā€™m in Ontarioā€¦ :grin:)
and an under-representation of trolls and assorted ā€˜dramaphilesā€™
(ā€¦we have excellent mods)

Cheers
G

13 Likes

Just curious where are your seeds available?

3 Likes

Greetings, ā€œNeighborā€!!! Very interested in your work, as located here right across the Border in Northern Maine. ANYTHING bred in this area will be of interest, especially for the N.E. Growers. Continued success in all your endeavors, stay safe, and be wellā€¦mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

9 Likes

Howā€™s the weather in Maine right now?

2 Likes

Iā€™ve spent a lot of time on various banksā€™ sites and for many varieties they mention that the sativa doesnā€™t have the paranoia factor to it. Was looking at a Thai last night. Beyond the Brain sounds good. https://shop.mandalaseeds.com/products/beyond-the-brain-new-edition-2020-mandala-seeds-shop

I ordered Ace Seeds. These are extreme sativas in all respects, developed by some of the best geneticists Spain has to offer. Should be interesting!

Panama Gold, Malawi, Thai, Golden Dragon hybrid.

Mandala only sells legitimate goods.

Uncle Ben

5 Likes

Weatherwise, my area is 3F, Wind Chill -11. Occasional Winds, but fairly ā€œnormalā€. Better than the past 2 days, I tell ya. Friend from the Bangor area reported in this morning at a ā€œwarm 19Fā€ after Sub-freezing temps the last few nights. All in all, things are fine. SS/BWā€¦mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Welcome to og green beans. Great group of folks here that answer questions you may have about anything grow related. This community rocks and am so thankful to have yā€™all and enjoy spreading my gear along with receiving other peopleā€™s creations :blush::seedling:southern Ontario here .

3 Likes

Sorry about that guys, I ran out of replies yesterday, guess new accounts have a max per day. Thanks for the kind words about those bud pics :slight_smile:

@Naptown916 I sell the seeds via email when the website isnā€™t online, email for that is maritimeseeds@outlook.com !

@misterbee howdy neighbor !! Iā€™m actually only a 20minute drive from Maine boarder! I plan on doing some work with Friesland Indica, Siberian Ruderalis, and possibly the Moliotiko (Greek LR). To develop a nice outdoor variety for us folks in the NE. Cheers my friend and happy growingšŸ¤™

5 Likes

In that case, if you EVER come to Presque Isle, you have to come through my Town, Mars Hill. Ask anyone where that Black Guy, Charlie, lives. Youā€™re welcomed anytime!! SS/BWā€¦mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

11 Likes

@OldUncleBen that paranoia factor must be something bred into them/selected for later onā€¦ Iā€™ve recently heard alot of breeders/growers talk about actually wanting that anxious feeling in their sativa and I will never understand that.

That Panama x Malawi sounds insane. Is that the one that says it can reach 27% THC? Would be wild for a variety that genetically close to Landracesā€¦ and they also mentioned treating the smoke more like a psychedelic, set and setting, rather than like smoking bud.

My mother and father talk about the weed from the 60s/70s with such delight and I want to bring that feeling back for them. By the sounds of it my mother liked the sativas back thenā€¦ but would never give her a modern sativa.

Thanks for the recommendations Uncle Ben, Iā€™ll be putting an order in from Mandala.

4 Likes

Thanks @Reznfingeez33 I already feel far more at home here compared to IG. Seems like the growers/breeders here have a real passion for the plant :slightly_smiling_face::beers: shoot me a DM if youā€™d like to do a seed swap, Iā€™d be happy to send some Purple Candy Cake!

2 Likes

Man, that is amazing!! Really appreciate that. I certainly will look you up if Iā€™m ever in the area thatā€™s for sure :slightly_smiling_face::beers:

2 Likes

Hey fella Iā€™d love to do a swap with you and send you some of my beans .

1 Like

Seriously cold.

Almost as cold as my ex wifeā€™s house!

6 Likes

Thanks @LedZeppelin ! :slightly_smiling_face: Already loving this community

3 Likes

Yep, Iā€™ve smoked a lot of Mexican bag weed back in the 60/70ā€™s. Some of it would put you on a mild trip, we called it ā€œacid weedā€. I still have some of those seeds from the ā€œbestā€ bagweed my friend would sell and I collected. He saved his best.

Since I find this ā€œback to natureā€ landrace drive by some so fascinating, I have spent many hours just browsing Mandalaā€™s site and breedersā€™ offers, especially Ace Seeds. The paranoia thing is apparently a big enough concern to Mandala staff that they note on sativas when they donā€™t have the paranoia/anxiety trait.

Speaking of that, we (my clique) had a friend who always had a panic attack when he smoked bagweed way back then. Couple of times we thought we needed to get him into an emergency room. He finally convinced himself he couldnā€™t handle it and ā€œsmoked a beerā€ instead. :laughing: Poor guy died young from alcoholism. :roll_eyes:

Iā€™d kill to get my hands on some of the old Lebanon Blond hash. Most euphoric, happy high you could have. Iā€™d sprinkle some on some bag weed while rolling a joint. Remember sitting on top of a sand dune at the beach. 3 tokes or so and you literally felt like you were flying, taking off.

Then thereā€™s peyote buttons we harvested just north of Rio Grande City before the checkpoints, late 60ā€™s. Those were the days. :slight_smile:

Ask your parents if theyā€™ve ever used a dollar bill to roll a joint! I still do and have bragging rights - nobody can roll a joint like I do that will burn clean, hit 20X, using regular length papers. Back in the day our faves were ZigZag. Your fingers apply pressure, have perfect control when the bill cradles the paper and weed such that the joint comes our perfect.

6 Likes

And that bed she kicked you out of too LOL. :rofl:

2 Likes