Threes a crowd

The line up

MOSCA- SUGAR FIRE FEM (LEGEND OG x IBG)

COPA- FAST PURPLE F1 testers (PURPLE SKITTLES x FAST PINK)

TONY GREEN- RIL Mystery beans I believe it’s probably GG4

So it’s been over a decade since my last grow. I’ve built an entirely new room for this endeavor. Bare with me. I’ll be doing selfie style photo updates with my front camera since the back camera is smashed up.

I am pleased to announce that there was a 100% germ rate across all breeders after 36 hours in wet paper towel.

All of the babies have been safely transported to their rapid rooter starter homes. I lost track of what I was doing and I’m pretty certain I stuffed 2 of the MOSCA FEMS into the same plug.

8- sugar fire
10- fast purple
12- RIL

LETS GOOOOOOOOOOO

25 Likes

Good luck! I am following this!

2 Likes

Thanks. I’m told there is a steep learning curve from hps to led. If you see me doing something out of pocket, it won’t hurt my feelings if you tell me “hey dummy! Don’t do that!” Lol

3 Likes

I am doing it right now. Love mh/hps cuz they blast the heat.

leds DO NOT GET HOT ENOUGH, especially in a winter situaton. So my growth rates are 50% less with led at the same low temps 70-75f.

the minute i turn the thermostat in the house up, the plants turn deep green and grow like nuts. but i am not heating like that, it costs way too much $.

i am a led rookie, but temperature seems to be the biggest bugaboo, and magnesium defic a close second for me. so, my new mix has plenty of epsom in it.

4 Likes

Same here, and I went with putting the drivers external to the tent… :laughing:
Good thing I’m not in the basement…
For me, that 75F is tent ambient, not the leaf temperature… that can be 4~5 lower…

Cheers
G

4 Likes

Fungus gnats already? Sighhhhh. Looks like I’m going to have to take over management of my wife’s house plants and vegetable starts and douche those hoes down with a healthy dose of hydrogen peroxide.

3 Likes

Take her watering can away :dizzy_face:

2 Likes

I thought she had fixed the problem. They aren’t even bothering around her house plants anymore. They are all over her vegetable starts though. I’ll set up a fungus gnat death squad protocol tomorrow.

In the mean time a few tiny soldiers are really showing out and I’m helping them take their helmets off.

6 Likes

Wow. This camera situation is extra garbage.

What are you transplanting them into next?

1 Like

Next they are going into small square containers with hydroton. I’ll be doing a fair bit of hand watering unless I can bootleg a flood table for the 2x4 tent. I’d like to veg them out in the tent long enough to take clones and suss out the males and non keepers. Once they get to a not yet determined size, they will move over to the 18 site ebb flow 3 gallon buckets for final veg and flowering.

3 Likes

The issue is 100% radiant heat. HPS, MH, FL etc all emit radiant heat which is absorbed and speeds up the growth rate as well as regulate internal temps etc. LED 79-80 degree is minimum daytime temps IMO . And small plants I almost always add a heat mat beneath on low but enough to give that little bit of radiant heat. The BIGGEST overlooked factor when switching is this 100% led does not produce the radiant heat needed and will surely stunt growth without some supplemental radiant heat or much higher temps .

5 Likes

2 Sugar fire are up and strong
1 sugar fire is up and I don’t have high hopes

8/10 Fast purples are up and strong
1 broke its tap root working its way up
1 looks like it’s dampening

9/12 RIL are up 2 are strong and 7 are trying to be strong

10 Likes

I’m going to have to find a better way to pop beans. Out of the 30 that germed, I’m down to 15. I’m pretty sure I broke most of them while transplanting them into rooters with these construction hammer hands.

The ones that made it, really made it.

1 Like

Off to your new home little soldiers. After this first planting debacle, here hoping for all females.

10 Likes

best of luck!

1 Like

Thanks @SaintAliasKnife.

It’s looking like I lost 50% of my seedlings in the transplanting melee.

We are down to

2 Sugar fire
8 fast purple
5 gg4 RIL

1 Like

Oh yeah. So yesterday I wrapped up at work around 10 am and headed to my next job. I show up and the damn tile guys are grouting the floors. That’s a no go for me so I get busy doing my part to stimulate the local economy by paying a visit to the local hydro store.

I pick up one of these numbers for a cool $15 and another little pump for an additional $20.

As I’m leaving the hydro shop I start digging around the back of my van for old unused materials I can return to Lowe’s. Jackpot! A handful of plumbing fittings that have just been rattling around.

As I walk into Lowe’s with my bag full of crap, the cashier see’s me coming and as if to try and thwart my advances asks me if I have a receipt. I reply “you know I don’t,” as I spill the bag of parts out in front of her. She sighs and starts scanning the items and asks “are you okay with store credit?” Hell yeah. I like buying new things with old things. So anywho I get about $100 back. That’s just enough for me to pick up a couple totes get a 1 3/8” paddle bit and give my wife the remaining $50 to buy what ever plants tickle her fancy.

With all of my new found pieces I got busy to work at the house and build a genuine ghetto rigged ebb and flow table and reservoir for my 2x4 tent

9 Likes

Grow babies, grow!

8 Likes

Crud! I thought for sure I had some Ph up floating around here. I don’t think 3.9 is gonna cut it.

2 Likes