Hello from Maritime Seeds!

My trade arrived, thank you for your generosity @greenbeans506 !

Happy growing my friend!

2 Likes

Cheers @Yetigrows thank you for the awesome trade. Iā€™m excited to grow the P.P.P crosses and those autos, whew those look amazing :ok_hand:

Would you happen to have some input on the breeding questions/topics I mentioned a few replies back? Iā€™m trying to figure out if it is possible to in-breed the late flower nanners trait out of a strain that I made and really like. Would love some input if you have any.

1 Like

I honestly donā€™t know how many generations of inbreeding that would take if itā€™s even something thats possible without losing other aspects and traits we might want to keep.

1 Like

Got any R2 or crosses of it ?

1 Like

Thats exactly what I was thinking. When the selections are so heavily based on removing intersex traits you wouldnā€™t really be able to preserve any of the original traits without hunting 1000ā€™s of plants. One option I was thinking would be to stabilize out, then backcross to say the F1 generation with desirable traits. It would reintroduce the intersex gene into the variety but only on the Male or Female side. Then the question is what % of these progeny will display the nanners. Could just be going in circles with it lol

Man I had a cut of R2 that was sent to me from a grower in Nova Scotia but I killed the cut in a move :weary: hope to get it back one day of he trusts me not to murder it lol

1 Like

I see that getawaymountain seeds(this is not an endorsement) has gotten their hands or some r2 and have crosses .

1 Like

I also had some clones a few years back called/named ā€œSheebaā€ from a breeder in NB , I passed them to some of my friends for outdoor , they would grow them again if I had it .

1 Like

ā€œChuck onā€, my Friend, ā€œChuck onā€!! SS/BWā€¦mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Iā€™ve been wanting to S1 that R2 cut for a long while, hmm now that you bring it up, that may be worked into the plans for this summer.

Sheeba, sounds interesting. Feel like Iā€™ve heard the name before. Any idea what the lineage is? Another one is called ā€˜The Vā€™ an old variety from around Fredericton NB area. Cross that into R2 and called it ā€˜VRā€™ haha

1 Like

Yahoooo just reached the ā€˜memberā€™ trust level :grinning:

Keep an eye on the free seeds thread, Iā€™ll be giving away some seeds :call_me_hand:

8 Likes

Congrats my friend.

1 Like

Could have been ā€œSheevaā€ .
Iā€™ll be watching for that R2 !

1 Like

Congrats on the promotion I see youā€™d did some oni strains any chance youā€™d have white grapefruit? Ran a pack of those last year didnā€™t realize they were getting hard to find . Should of kept a mom. Thanks

2 Likes

Now that you mention it, yes it was Sheeva, Sheeva Skunk I do believe.

Fingers crossed I can get that clone back! Any new stuff will be posted here. Also expect a giveaway if those seeds come to fruition !

Cheers @madouesse :call_me_hand:

1 Like

@ShiskaberrySavior nope that is one I havenā€™t run yet, but did recently see some seeds on a bankā€¦ canā€™t quite remember which one it was though. So many of them now.

Iā€™ve seen you on OG quite a bit in my short time being here, always wanted to ask, are you holding original shiskaberry seeds? :eyes:

Trop Punch Bx1, Military Chocolate, Dubble Trop Bx1. These are my favorite from Oni, highly recommend them all

-greenbeans :call_me_hand::beers:

3 Likes

Thanks for the strain info on oni seeds. I do have a few original Shiska seeds left but unlikely theyā€™d sprout.
One of the members here did a seed increase a couple years back with them so Iā€™ve got 1 pack tucked away for now. Also another member is in the process of doing some Shiska breeding and plans on spreading them out to the community in the next couple months. So it appears she will live on . Thanks

5 Likes

that is fantastic to hear. :slight_smile: Cheers @ShiskaberrySavior happy growing!

2 Likes

I talked to my blaw, heā€™s gonna reach out to his buddy in NB that bread the Sheeba, he will ask him about the R2 and for details on Sheeba .

3 Likes

Oh hell yeah, thank you so much @madouesse , appreciate you !