Help ID a mystery strain

Hey guys I know it’s a long shot but what the heck, back in the late 80’s early 90’s it was hard to get good seed in fact you never knew what you were growing because most seed came from bags of weed, I grew a crop outside ( that got stolen of all things) I believe I had 24 females of all different kinds sativa, indica, you name it and it was in the mix- but I had one plant it got around 6’ tall really bushy long thin lime green foliage making it extremely dense, she was so much faster than all other strains completely finished first part of September- here comes the thing I liked about her the buds were all hair only a very few tiny leaves ( all calyx and hair) she had so many buds you couldn’t see thru her, it was the only plant I’ve ever seen look like this and I’ve got 34 growing years under my belt- I’d give anything if I could find this strain and grow it out. I wish I had pics but this was way prior to digital camera and web posting.
Maybe some of you can suggest a few strains I can research- back then most weed that grew out like this was from Mexican smugglers so it’s probably tropical.
Any help is appreciated guys thanks

6 Likes

:baby: '78 steppin outta my league :joy:

I’d say Mexican-Colombian, just a lucky, early finishing sativa… :thinking:
Afghani Indica had made it over by then but the plant sounds nearly pure Sativa.

Then again, there are Afghan sativas, as far as i know.

How was the high? Smell/flavor?

:evergreen_tree:

5 Likes

Oh yes definitely sativa looking by leaves and bud structure but the fact it was so very fast to bud throws me off, it was a really nice yield too considering it was only around 5-6’ grown in a corn field and dried out a little over a pound- it was the only plant out of the entire crop I got and it was because it was so much faster than the others, it appeared the rippers were watching them and when I got that one they got the rest…

3 Likes

anything like this girl? not as dense as what your describing, but it has the crazy branching, pale thin leaves, and the buds are all hair and calyx just like you were saying.

This plant always looked like a giant hand doing a high 5 or vulcan salute haha.

This is an old school hybrid sativa from the bay area called Surf’s Up,
thai x canadian 50 day indica
maybe yours had similar genetics

3 Likes

Sounds like an ideal/optimal commercial plant from that era-- what the early breeders were going for.

@zephyr That’s pretty much what I was imagining but a bigger plant. :smile:

:book:

:evergreen_tree:

2 Likes