Name That Strain - Skunk, Flowery, Head Buzz, Columbian, No CouchLock

I have no idea what that strain was I smoked…
I was told it was Columbian but I know for sure that the person that told me it was Columbian does not know the grower nor the breeder nor anyone that would actually know the story of the ancestry.

The flower before smoking it;
***First I smelled the strong skunk, before I was able to notice the second smell that followed
***Then I smelled a mild flowery scent that almost reminded me of something i’ve smelled before that had nothing to do with pot (not fruity)
***the amount of trichomes covering the tiny buds was 8 on a scale of 1 to 10 (ten the most)
*** dense solid buds, relatively harder than average bud

Smoke flavor;
***I could not taste the skunk that i smelled
***I was surprised at how the flowery flavor was stronger than the smell of that flowery scent. The taste was definitely reminding me of something I’ve smelled before but not something I’ve eaten before or rarely if ever tasted such a flavor. It was a VERY pleasant flavor

The high/effect;
***felt little to no effect on the body. Absolutely no hint of couch lock. Possibly the opposite of couch lock. Instead of my usual sitting, I couldn’t stop walking around a bit or standing around while having very few complete thoughts.
***a moderately strong head buzz accompanied by a mild head pressure
***little to no paranoia
***overall a good feeling

What comes to mind for you as to what strain that might have been?

1 Like

Don’t know what you were smoking, but sounds like some good bud.

2 Likes

1 Like

Your discription seems to be my experiance from smoking some columbian back in high school in 1985. Nice taste like a summer flower I couldnt put my finger on; mabe dandylion, mild bag smell of skunk and gave me energy. Bud was more of a light yelow green.

1 Like

You sure it wasn’t skunk1? Doesn’t sound like a Colombian landrace, more like a Colombian hybrid (like skunk1).

2 Likes

Sounds like a good sativa phenotype of skunk to me too. There was something going around called pabalos gold or pabalos cheese (think the pabolos gold was used to make mac1 too) it could be that, as I know some breeders use it in the usa.

1 Like

That indescribable kind of smell might be haze (but to be clear, naming the exact strain would be sheer luck).
Maybe check out Sam the Skunkman Skunk #1xHaze crosses for something similar.

1 Like

It’s too broad a description; no way to know.

Very little in the weed world is truly distinctive.

Hundreds of known clones, thousands of varieties of seeds.

4 Likes