help in mycology

Someone know what mushroom this is?

2 Likes

Looks like a shaggy mane just starting to fruit

4 Likes

I don’t think so, because he seems to be growing like a ‘‘snowman’’

Almost impossible to visually ID fungus in a photo. Especially at pinning, before the fruiting body has fully formed.
Gills, spore print, and veil behavior are necessary for a positive identification.

2 Likes

2 Likes

This reminds me of a time I grew a few plants out in spent substrate and the booms fruited again months later in the pot. Wish I still had the pictures.

2 Likes

Not really, there are too many similar ones to identify this with so little info. The annular remnants make it “look like” a Saproamanita Thiersii… but a closer analysis would be needed to achieve a definite identification

3 Likes

thanks for the knowledge man :slightly_smiling_face: :v:

Thank you man :slightly_smiling_face: :v: that’s what it looked like the most

1 Like

Sure thing.
“It might be…” is okay for just observing, but as a forager, for me, a guess can be lethal.
No real mushroom hobbyist will ever give you an ID without the details I mentioned

1 Like

Got some happy soil if you got mushrooms pinning

2 Likes

My question was just out of curiosity, I have no intention of interacting with the mushroom
thanks man :slightly_smiling_face: :v:

The strangest thing is that it is an inert crop, I am using mineral fertilizers, and the soil is from a brand that promises to only have organic matter for 2 weeks lol
But I’ll take that as a good thing, the humidity parameters seem normal too so i don’t know nature things

No worries, spores are everywhere. You just had one that likes the chems find you.

1 Like