Is this good mold or bad?

Airpots,Biobizz lightmix with perlite and a bit of compost.I planted clovers and this Is All organic.
I kept It moist since those are air pots.
What kind of mold Is this on top of soil?
I used mykos too mixed in the soil

7 Likes

Hey buddy,

If you used mykos its most likely just mycelia so a very good thing. As long as its not black you should be good but some KNF practices even use that so i wouldn’t worry too much.

HG

4 Likes

Thank you @Heavenlygoo .I Just found out the pot was a bit overwatered.That’s why the mold Is growing.I got another pot that Is totally the same size and watering schedule and It has not shown It,so I am hoping It Is Just bad watering and the myco I added to both (12 grams in 12 liter soil) and mixed into.

5 Likes

A lot of organic growers make a fungal mold like that deliberately in the latter part of flowering, as the plant switches over from bacteria to fugal produced nutrients.

I make it by putting a layer of peat moss in a bowl, and then spinkle some basalt rock dust over that, then mist with a spray bottle until damp.

Then cover the bowl only leaving a little gap to allow a little oxygen exchange in a warm place, within a few days a grey coloured fuzzy fungal mold will take over the surface.

Then when it’s covered the whole surface, you take half and put it in some cheese cloth and soak in a bucket of water with a little molasses in it, and aerate the mixture for a fungal tea.

8 Likes

That Is the shit I have.It Is grey absolutely with fuzzy texture.According to this I did a good job with organic and my mix Is alive,right?
@Shadey

2 Likes

Nothing to worry about, the little mites and critters will love it!

3 Likes

Basically It Is showing the soil Is alive right?

3 Likes

It is a sign of that your biology is alive, yes.
A mulch layer would help, micro organisms don’t like a lot of light

3 Likes

I could use my bunny Hay,but It comes in package with lot of dry herbs,so lot of spores,Maybe evene bad bacteria or spores,so I don’t know what to use as mulch
@BeagleZ

3 Likes

personally I use the oyster straw logs from BAS. I have a store not to far from me that carries it in stock (sorry, not sorry). you can get barley straw as well. Rice hulls, leaves. any number of things you could use. just dont put anything that had roundup or weedkiller applied to it.
I wouldnt rule out the Bunny hay, if you can research what is in it enough it all might be beneficial?

3 Likes

I Will read the ingredients when I am home and post here

3 Likes

That is one of several saprophytic fungi that are aerobic and primarily live on organic matter.
They most often are always seen on the soil surface, and many are colorful (orange, pink, red)

Several outdoor growers that use a straw mulch will notice them, especially in the fall…FWIW

5 Likes

So no bad mold or to worry about.
@BudBusterPro

2 Likes

Not at all…they are breaking down coarse organic matter and are essentially inert to your plants as far as any negative impact.

4 Likes

Thank you so much Bud @BudBusterPro :heart:

2 Likes