Help me to name these girls

I’m tired of calling them out by location. They are all similar in that they are skunky, but the 2 hybrids have a strong Woody note. One of the hybrids is a super strong lemon smell as well.

The sativa is a complex one. She’s a mix of skunk, pine, cheese, wood, sweet, and citrus. Some of the spots I smell clean my sinuses and the smell is just like a expensive aged cheddar cheese. It has the sweet, wood, nut, and skunk notes all. The other day I got a strong whiff of mint off her too.

The short girl is a strong skunk and pine smell. Not much else yet. No cheese smell like the rest have.

The hybrid that’s looking to be dying or something is the one I’m rooting for the most. She smells so strongly of lemons it’s insane. With a skunky note and a subtle wood smell. She also is getting a blue cheese smell on the buds.

The other hybrid is a skunk and pinewood smell with some blue cheese smell. Not much else for her.

As you see how I call them out I need a shorthand for them. Something more than a number code as I enjoy taking care of them and they aren’t just numbers to me.

1 Like

Axman ricola ? ^^
Skricola lol

2 Likes

I might call them that :rofl:
Thinking of it now if I added a chemical smell to it is get Axe LoL
Apparently it’s a good scent in bud, but not for people :rofl::rofl::rofl:

LoL though I know you meant Axeman like lumberjack. I do love fresh cut wood smell. I used to come in and help my uncle build boats all the time. Thinking of it now it smells like his workshop…:thinking:
I think the sativa earned the Axeman Ricola name on her own, but the other 2 look to be joining her in the scents they give off.
I’ll give them a few days more to let me decide who’s #2 and #3. Though if the indica looking one joins in in the cheese party, then shell definitely be #2. The strength of the skunk and pine she’s giving off is overwhelming if you smell too close.

2 Likes

I’m partial to Latin naming, or some format like that. If only I was fluent in Latin…

They are both predominately skunky and have wood tones, with the main difference being one has a strong lemon smell and the other has a strong cheese smell?

Percula Silvis “Caseus”
Percula Silvis “Citrea”

So…a shitty google Latin translation to Skunk Woods “Cheese” and Skunk Woods “Lemon”. You could use the Latin word for pine instead of woods, but pinus is pretty close to penis.

I dunno…maybe it’s pretentious but I prefer it to the naming trend now: Alien Chowder, Moon Pie Breath, Cheestral Cookies… nah.

5 Likes

Not bad names. All of them, but the Indica smell of cheese, but the sativa is the most pungent. The hybrid next to the Indica is Changing from primary lemon to about even with the scents almost matching the sativa with less intensity. The hybrid next to the sativa is primarily wood with skunk, pine, and cheese complimenting it. The Indica so far is smelling like a skunk strain. If it ends up smelling like skunk #1 at all my dad will be jumping for joy. I’ll take cuttings for him if it ends up the case.
Though if she joins in on the cheese platter, then I’d have to wonder if it’s something in my soil, but at the same time if it’s a pheno expression to the environment I put them in I’ll be happy. This environment I can replicate.

1 Like

I’m definitely partial to giving them names for this grow. I’ll tag my next grow for ID, but with how different they are all and how many times I’ve rearranged the position of the bin I’m thinking I need a way to call them out without a paragraph.

Axeman Ricola or even Axeman Ricotta seems to fit the way they’re expressing themselves. Like a lumberjack who just ate lasagna like Garfield. LoL :rofl:

Any ideas on personal names for each? I’m partial to naming them like a pet or a kid. Though pet seems to fit better. Sometimes you have to put down pets to not let them suffer or even if they misbehave horribly. Sadly necessary in our society, but off topic now. Anyways it sucks when you have to kill them, but sinsemilla demands me to be ruthless in culling pollen producing plants as I’m not breeding this grow.

Also the GF loves it when they get names to ID them. I love her reaction to them once they have a name

1 Like

I just smelled them all again.

The indica smells like cherries now. Leaning on the cough syrup side, but closer to maraschino.

The sativa is definitely going for cheese primary now.

The Indica side hybrid (ISH) is going for a sour cheese with a pinewood smell.

The Sativa side hybrid (SSH) is going for a musky sweet wood smell.

For the moment I am using ISH and SSH for the hybrids as I conveniently have a sativa and Indica one across from each other and a hybrid next to each. I’m not sold on a strain name yet as I definitely want to call these girls something.
Anyone is welcome to throw names out.
I’ve been trying to think of a name, but I’m at a loss. The Axeman Ricola/Axeman Ricotta name is amusing and fitting though.

1 Like

Item 9, big sticky, snook snook, and one funky bamboo shoot :wink: or girl names relating to their genotype Sadie- Sativa Ingrid- Indica Holly/Harmony- Hybrids

1 Like

I like the female names actually. I like Ingrid too. Fits how I see them well.

I like the SSH, always a good basis to have fun.
(Woody) Headpecker ? ^^

1 Like

Holly actually has the thickest stem of all the plants too. Thicker than the makes had even. Sadie was taller than the males too. Tbh it’s amusing. This whole grow defies my expectations. While I’m sure I’ll get comfortable enough one day while growing to not think about what I’m doing, at the same time I’ll always be learning. Like the term polyhybrid. I learned that one last week.

1 Like