Help with feminizing seeds, best way to change X-X chromosome to X-Y while maintaining 99.9 female rate

What methods or tricks are the best for producing cannabis pollen that will attribute to 99.9 female seed ratio . Without having hermaphrodite tendencies. I’ve only used male pollen in the past and am wondering what methods everyone uses around here and has had proper results! Also what the science is ( a patent would be nice) I love reading patents. Or link me to a reputable site that can help me understand what variables I need to control/ change in order to get the proper results established. Thanks for the help/ support. A non- pseudoscience based approach is what I’m looking for. Please have the science ready for your approach. I do not want to learn based on something that isn’t a logical based science approach.

1 Like

Hi @I_thewindcries,

There are some proven methods. @ReikoX describes one in detail here.

Colloidal silver can be used as well. Much more detail and info available on this site if you search. Silver inhibits an enzyme i believe when applied topically and a female plant produces male flowers. Pollen from those flowers carries only female DNA. When a female is pollinated with that pollen, the babies are all girls :ok_hand:

Good luck, and keep us updated on your experiment!

1 Like

Mr Soul gave a few speeches on this subject lately, you should find them on Grimm’s site too…
The basic idea is to take a proven female that doesn’t herm ever and reverse her to pollinate what you wish.
DS

1 Like

That’s correct, best practice is find a female that doesnt reverse with stresses and then reverse her with silver spray. STS, when I tried it, was much harsher on the plant. Colloidal silver works well, but you have to spray daily.

1 Like

Where do you source the silver nitrate and sodium thiosulfate pentahydrate? Cheapest and most reliable place?

Got mine off Amazon <!-- plus20 zz>

4 Likes

All he said !!!
btw , he could be a great teacher.
DS

1 Like

There’s quite a few growers I’d like to see do a “Masters series” on cannabis growing… DJ Short, Mr. Soul, Shantibaba, Bodhi, etc…

1 Like