Question regarding making fem seeds

Hi all,

I have been looking into making fem seeds on my own and obviously the topic of seeds that herm and stability arises. Is there anything one should take into consideration that can reduce this issue from arising ? Is there a high quality spray one should use to make them fem and stable? Any tricks of the trade? I know some breeders that make fem seeds like CSI Humboldt have a high reputation versus some others out there. I’m kind of curious what they may do versus others beside years of experience

8 Likes

Start with quality stable genetics.

Also stress test the offspring

10 Likes

This would likely be to preserve strains from bodhi / crickets n cicada so reputable breeders to begin with.

1 Like

I haven’t made fem seeds myself but

Use stable plants that don’t herm nor throw any late nanners.

STS or silver thiosulfate is the spray you want. Can diy it, Sebring has a whole write up on it here. Or buy something like “Elite x Elite” or Riot’s reversal spray.

Start spraying the plant a week ahead before flip.

There isn’t anything special CSI or anyone else is doing than this. Some make fems in a worse way, but this is the correct one.

Here, lemme just tag a couple people that I know offhand are experienced here :yum:

@Mr.Sparkle @ReikoX

10 Likes

Genetic’s is were it’s at – you can get the “sprays” I know a few but can’t remermber their names – will get them to you. need to learn the basic’s and go from there, make sure your room is clean were you are going to fem your males. you don’t have to do the whole plant only a few branches if you want. I’m sure there are some good breeders here at overgrown - of not can give you a few breeders that will help you --Peace

2 Likes

You would have to grow out some/many of the resulting beans and stress test them to know for sure. I have some bodhi gear that herms late flower(wouldn’t use that for breeding).

Alot of these guys have hundreds of testers so they know what to release and what not to

1 Like

Thanks for the help guys. I kinda have one pack to run this on some strains like dank sinatra for example. Need to test run a few times before I go this route on the dank. I am mainly trying to ask as many questions as I can before I go this route , you know what I mean?

1 Like

Selection, selection, selection.

My policy is to scrap any plants showing evidence of herms.
Exceptions to that policy… :laughing: …because, of course there is…

There’s different types of herms.
Rodelization sometimes not a bad thing… In fact, the breeder Soma, uses this method to produce his feminized seed (see Organic Marijuana Soma style for the details).

I’ve used Rodelization (accidentally to be honest :innocent:) and produced a couple hundred CBD beans that are just the same as the original feminized plants.

Cheers
G

10 Likes

Soma hasn’t used this method for quite some time. He uses reversal sprays now.

3 Likes

I didn’t know that!

Thanks
G

2 Likes

Do you happen to know what brand he uses? I saw EXE but was wondering if there is something out there that’s the best.

I believe he is mixing his own STS, but can’t recall.

If you are going to buy a pre-mixed spray, ExE is probably best.

2 Likes

That was the brand suggested to me . Thanks!

1 Like