HELP with growlights

Like the man said, a decent carbon filter in the tent attached to an extractor. Keep the tent under a slight negative pressure so the smell is contained and has to leave through the filter.
You can also use industrial air fresheners like ona gel (outside the tent) and if that lot isn’t enough you can also use an ozone gas generator.

2 Likes

Another thing is get a second fan and carbon filter for the room and vent it outside. It will help scrub some of the air in the room.

3 Likes

I’ve ordered from company there (alibaba) and asked them to claim it under $45 so I didn’t have to pay any duties or taxes.
The chinese love screwing over North American govs…lol

6 Likes

The guy we’re trying to help has a 10 x 10 tent to scrub and will need to dump the heat from a few thousand Watts of lighting equipment so in his case venting into the outside room wont work

3 Likes

Last time i looked there were loads of Chinese companies selling Q board clones on there. It’s hard to decide which of them to deal with. Don’t suppose you have a link to the one you used bro?
I have a friend who wants me to build more fan cooled X3 Solstrip rigs for him but he cant really afford it and i cant really be bothered :laughing: Q board clones might be the answer for him if we can identify a good seller :+1:

2 Likes

Check out this thread…you’ll probably find it helpful. (I just bought a marshydro TS1000 for a 2’ x 3’ space, do I’m of no help to you)

…and check out this site…

1 Like

Yup i first went through LED gardener a few years back and i keep up with mr sparkle here and on another site. It’s specifically those Q board clones on alibaba i’m interested in just now. Can anyone recommend a seller? trying to save a friend some cash :+1:

I bought kingbrite off alibaba. Around a third of price compared to hlg 550 v3

4 Likes

Vivi Liu
Shenzhen Kingbrite Lighting Co., Ltd
Is who I used

2 Likes

A friend directed me to Kingbrite too on Alibaba. Says they are a reputal seller. I was lucky and found even better deals on Craigslist. Good luck on his hunt.

1 Like

Personally, i’m curious as to whether Scynce LED’s tunable spectrum will perform as stated. I also like that light recipes can be tweaked in small increment rather than 25, 50, 75%; and that you control them from a bluetooth enabled device like a phone or tablet.Straight out of the box and hung with very little fuss ; wired for 240V but an adapter allows for running off 120V.

1 Like

https://twenty20mendocino.com Apparently uses them…
According to their seed catalog anyway.
Adam the owner, would prob talk shop with you if ya email him.
Not speaking for him, just seemed like a straight up guy.

You can buy grow light led chips that you hook up main line voltages to either 120v or 240v pending on where you live which are really cheap like $10 and Less per 100watt led cob and these things are crazy bright and have full spectrum of light from the tests I done on them. Only thing is they say you don’t need cooling but if you don’t then the lifespan probably won’t last a full grow but if you get some small fans for them which you can get on eBay for like $4 each then they will last several grows and the strains that I grew all loved these lights. You just have to watch for the crappy quality ones trying to pass for the good ones but if anyone is interested let me know and I can post a link for the good ones which will save you a ton of money for your lighting systems. Also if you ha e any questions on how to wire up or add additional lights Baugh them on a board or plate then I can help you with that as well as I have over 15 years in the electrical trade.

3 Likes

I’ve built and used several cob rigs in the past and my friend is still using one of them in his veg chamber. He’s using X3 solstrips in one flowering tent and loves them but they are expensive here and he’s still got a sodium fixture to replace so i suggested maybe trying those Q board clones. Cobs obviously work but at high power they need more headroom than either of us can spare.

Also we’re doing away with mains voltages inside our grow tents which excludes mains powered cobs with inbuilt drivers.

2 Likes

Hey @MoBilly your looking at an old thread. @Joboo is a suspended member :grinning:

1 Like

Kinda thought that might be the case.
I’m new to all this. Obviously LOL. Thanks.

No problem. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

A 10 x 10 is a huge space to light. If I had my choice I would go with 4 HLG Scorpion Diablo lights. They would kill it in that space. What you can yield per light is totally dependent on you and your grow skills. That will cost a pretty penny thought. You could save some money and go to Alibaba if you like. Pick up the equivalent lights much cheaper or go DIY. In the end you want 30 to 35 watts of good LED per square foot IMO.

2 Likes

For the size of the tent I would suggest two iL8x 670W. They’re about the best quality you can get out there for a really good price and thet cover the whole spectrum of growth. Ive been using mine with no porblem. Give them a shot!

2 Likes

I suggest this led grow light.They’re about the best quality you can get out there for a really good price and cover the whole spectrum of growth. I’ve been using with no porblem.
https://www.buckslighting.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=66&product_id=53