Hey There Man

I dailed in my feeding ratio with a Solar Flare…FB_IMG_1644677059961

12 Likes

Now, that’s a real tomato! I can taste it from here. I didn’t get my heirlooms going last year but plan of doing some this year. Love me some Purple Cherokee!

5 Likes

I have a True Black variety close to Cherokee that has a little smoke taste…then goes from tart to sweet. Three flavours…every one likes the Solar Flare the best.

3 Likes

its indica if nothing else is all i can say

2 Likes

Looks like weed too me…

1 Like

Yeah, that’s one happy heirloom. It looks perfect which is hard to do when growing them. Are you doing them indoors? I haven’t tried yet but may be trying it in the near future. I haven’t had the Solar Flare strain. It’s got the beautiful colors.

1 Like

They were grown out side under a light diffused green house cover but just the top. The sides were open. This Red Beef Steak and True Black were grown under lights.

12 Likes

Awaiting the smoke report :rofl:
I couldn’t resist. :+1:

4 Likes

Thats crazy… I’ve never paid any attention to smoke reports…

2 Likes

18 Likes

I took a picture today

16 Likes

14 Likes

The tall girl says her weed is better. I know how they will lie to you…we will see…

15 Likes

Very nice. I did some purple tomatoes this past summer. So disappointed. Those look amazing. Very nice grow also. I like growing out of 5 gallon buckets.

2 Likes

Don’t feel bad about growing those heirloom tomatoes. Something went crazy after 2018. It will take a few years to fix what got fucked up. No one knows but genetic got trashed.

3 Likes

Just a random picture.

9 Likes

I agree. Very true. Even with the potatoes.

1 Like

The best way I found to grow out a nice tomato is to feed high quality nutrients 12 inches deep into medium and a 12 inch circle around the base. This will be the area of the feeder roots. Just use clean water in between the gaps to even out water. I like the raised bed technique for tomato plants.

2 Likes

If you just want a lot of tomato and to be done. Plant determinate that produce fast then die off. If you want to play all year long…plant indeterminate and be ready to get what get. The plant will get you got…if you let it.

4 Likes

I got some thinking to do…

17 Likes