Hi. It’s been awhile! Garage setup question

They usually have you send a picture of the issue and they’ll send a new one out.

1 Like

They make a 650w version :+1:

@spillz907
edit: should add I went though picking a new LED ~6 months ago for a 4x4 tent and all the brands listed here (Mammoth, HLG, ac infinity) were my top choices after a lot of reading.

And I’ve read nothing but good things about ac infinity latest tents. I don’t think you can go wrong w/ any of the options listed here.

3 Likes

Thank you guys for all the feedback- I already feel better about it.

There is a lot to decide here and considering I’ve been waiting literally ~20 years to do this, I’m going to take a few nights to sleep on this.

Right now I have a few things bugging me-

For anyone with experience with AC infinity tents-

Do you use the whole kit or just the tent?
what accessories beyond just the tent are worth buying through them?
Oscillating fan, inline fan with carbon filter, control center, etc etc.
What is the highlight for that brand? The tents themselves? The whole package?

I would just go with the bundle and get all of the accessories, working and fitting together nice and easily, but I don’t like the wattage on the lights that are included- they seem underpowered… so I think I’m going to buy a bare-bones tent through them and then whatever accessories people on here recommend.

A 2x4 ft tent would work perfect for my space but I question rectangle vs square. It seems like a square might allow for better light spread and better options for square shaped fixtures.

Right now I’m sort of leaning toward a 2x4 foot ACinfinity tent and looking at these 3 lamps:
Migro array 4
HLG 350 Diablo
HLG 320 ReSpec

I wish I knew more about the tech- I don’t know what the differences are. Any pointers?

Do you think these lamps would fit in this model tent? @Ris
Cloudlab 642, 2’x4’.

I want 3 plants per grow. Would a square tent be better?

Am I looking at heat issues with such a small tent @ ~45-55 degrees F ambient room temp?

@NoCal - I guess going wrong would be buying parts that don’t work well together. i.e. the light not fitting in the tent or producing way too much heat or something… that’s really the only thing I can think of at this point.

What combo did you end up going with?

2 Likes

Sure sure, make sure you buy an appropriate sized light, fan etc for the tent. I really meant those brands stand out w/ quality and warranty.

Probably not! my tents run ~10~15 over ambient most of the time.

I was shopping for a light for a 4x4 tent. Ended up w/ a hlg tomahawk 650, but mostly b/c I got a great deal on it around black friday.

2 Likes

All ACinfinity products are excellent period. I’ve not had an issue. I would also say I prefer my AC tent to my Gorilla regular line tent any day!

The cloudline fans are like standard for most home growers. Everyone I know uses them. Their controllers work excellent too.

2x4 all day compared to a square in my opinion is easier to manage with three plants all pots will be accessible from the front.

Don’t get overly hung up on wattage… I used a ROI-E 200 (200watts and supposed to be a veg light) and grew out a beautiful plant in a 2x4. Wall to wall coverage fit the 2x4 tent perfectly. You just gotta make sure you’re hanging your light at the right height for PPFD and you don’t really have to worry about burning your plants with LED.

Here it is in action ROI-E 200 light doing work on a single plant I experimented here. Worked out excellent.
cba60977fa806b938fa6cb695d5dbd5156ec473b_2_690x388

Heat will not be an issue with the ambient temps you’re talking about. You can even set up your cloudline fan to actively suck air into your tent and let it passively exhaust. I’ve done it many times. I live in the AZ desert. Heat is a real battle here.

4 Likes

All the above listed will fit perfectly fine in there.

Main highlight is quality. They are the best in the business when it comes to Tents/HVAC, lights not quite the best reputation but they have a good following as well. Its a you get what you pay for situation.

So my setup is running an AC 4x4 & 4x8 and soon to be a 2x4. I run 8 fans, I us 2x 8in filter in/out and intake filters on the intake for both as well. I love the simplicity of the full controller and its features. I have a pro and standard and I like them both. For lights i have a Vivosun VS4000, Spider Farmer SF4000 and a Spider Farmer SE1000w

I like Spider Farmer for lights, however I have not had a chance to use AC Infinity leds other than the humidity dome leds.

If you aren’t comfortable with the ACI leds I would switch that up but keep the rest of the setup AC, admittedly I am somewhat of a fan boy lol.

3 Likes

Umm I’m right there with you and I don’t even grow in tents any more really. lol

Their 6in. fans are awesome though. Since I had them already from my tents I just place them about around the garage they move some serious air for their size.

3 Likes

Look into Grand Master LED too. I personally love my 5x5 and my plants seem to also. They have a 4x4 that’s similar, edge to edge with lights.

4 Likes

Ris hooked me up with a 2x4 tent and a a T6 inline this past spring. Solidly built tent but it’s a bit on the short side. Not a big issue as I planned to use it to veg my 2 flower tents.

I currently am flowering two plants under two HLG 100 Rspec’s. This combo works well and runs cool.

3 Likes

Alrighty guys we have whittled this down nicely… Thanks again.

Okay so just going to go AC infinity for the tent and parts and il decide on a 2x4 light when I’m ready to make the purchases. Going to take a look at Mammoth and Grandmaster lighting today.

I found this down in my garage with like 8 led bars I bought through a guy on here a few years ago… Lumen/photon something, forget his name. never used or installed them- they are 3500k so I probably wont run them unless I use them for side mounted supplemental or maybe mother/clone rooting station.
Not sure if it’s still relevant but it’s unused

Right now I’m talking with my wife about smell- Anyone have any experience with the carbon filters from AC infinity? Can I realistically tell her I can cut back on smell running 2-3 plants in a 2x4?

I am so damned excited I’m annoying the shit out of my entire household… nobody understands :sweat_smile:

Everyone’s flowers on here look great.

@GCBudz
That tent looks great, it’s first on my list right now. Are you only running the Rspec for flowering?

Which one would you guys go with for veg to flower beetween these two? Price aside.
HLG 350 Diablo
HLG 320 ReSpec

4 Likes

Some more info for you to peruse.

Tents I’ve used- 2x2, 2x4, 3x3, 4x4, and 5x5. I prefer the 2x4 for smaller attentive grows.

Tent brands- Growneer, Vivosun, Viparspectra, and Spiderfarmer. I’ve seen a reason to drop a ton of coin on Gorilla and AC started theirs after I’d already settled on my favorite which is the Spiderfarmer 2.3’ x 4.5’ x 80". The extra room and extra height is super useful. I have a couple. I have no issues with the others.

Vent fans- I’ve used the old metal cans that are loud AF so when AC brought out the cloudline several years ago it was definitely the way to go. I have a handful of those, just on the manual adjustment. I like to be ‘hands on’. Vivosun has a similar product now and I have a couple of those as well, no problems there either. They are a touch louder but do the same job at a better price point. I have three running around me right now and there is no bother at all with noise nor capability.

Fans- Used all the clip ons, they all wear out quicker than you’d hope. Constantly running and non-greasable, equals worn out parts. I use the 30 buck vivosun clip ons and they last about 2 years under typical grow use.

LED lights I have used- The old blurpels, Timber Grow Lights, HLG, Spiderfarmer, Grower’s Choice, and Kind. HLG has been hard on drivers, temps don’t effect my grows because I live in a moderate climate. They all grow plants, some better than others. My newer tents use the KIND 420X and it’s a bad mofo, it grows spectacular plants. I have a couple.

That being said, my favorite tent is an old Vivosun 3x3 with a Vivosun vent fan with the old Vivosun circ fan which has been keeping on for about 7 years now. The light is a Timber COB. None of my other tents can compete with the quality that comes from this tent, it gets a lot of love too so that could be part of it.

Good luck with your journey!
:peace_symbol:

2 Likes

Two big points for you, OP:

Garages can get wicked hot. Some prople run a hydro setup in a 110 degree garage with no issues, some people cant get anything to grow if it’s over 80 ambient. The world is a mystery.

Pot stinks and tents don’t fully prevent that. Pot in the heat really really stinks. You will become noseblind, but everyone else will recognize.

1 Like

I flower and veg under all my LED’s. Also have a Mars Hydro that is surprising me… a FC3000 EVO in a 3x3.

I highly suggest finding a bar light for the ACI 2x4. Quantum boards will run hot and limit canopy height.

In my area, i’m surrounded by legal states. Marketplace is flooded with HLG quantum boards and other lights. Those 300w units a dime a dozen. I can only surmise that at least some of them are low hour units… might be worth a look.

Also, HLG has some pretty good 25% or better discounts a few times a year.

Can confirm, they work great. I get no smell from my tents with the AC Carbon filters.

AC First gen were terrible, the ones they are coming out with now are so much better. AC did replace all 8 of mine for free in order to get the Gen 2. Their customer support is pretty good too.

I dont think he will have an issue, he is in Alaska if im not mistaken.

3 Likes

I was looking at the Migro array 4 as well-

Price is not an issue at these price points-
Quality of end product is much more valuable to me than a couple of hundred dollar savings on the initial setup.

Hmm okay so i guess I might need to back out again and look at bar lights vs quantum boards. Part of me wants to just go 4x4 so i have access to more choices like the HLG Tomahawk - if quantum boards are older tech with heat issues, I definitely hesitate. 4x2 is perfect for my needs though… i dont need 16 square feet, im growing for one person. I do keep leaning toward HLG for some reason… Customer service/support is a big one.

I’m in a garage in SE alaska - Ambient temps are around 55 in the summer and 45 in the winter. 60-65 at the VERY highest in July… 10 out of 12 months my garage sits around 50 degrees, 50-60% humidity

I would imagine that the heat from the lights will actually help keep the temp up for the fall/winter months. Honestly, part of the sell was telling my wife we dont have to worry about pipes freezing in the garage during the winter anymore, lmao. That being said, i’m now questioning the quantum boards vs bar lights because fighting against heat is a bitch and im not overly keen on being forced to house the driver inside the tent if heat is going to be an issue.

I guess I’ll never know until i dive in and get growing.

All of these perspectives are invaluable however. I would be shooting in the dark without this feedback and purchasing the wrong product for my needs is exactly what im trying to avoid. The days of metal halide and HPS are long gone.

I’ve got the tent and parts dialed in to ACInfinity for the most part. But the lights are still up in the air.

1 Like

This looks good under the Migro Array 4:

https://www.reddit.com/r/microgrowery/comments/18053pf/out_of_all_of_my_indoor_grows_this_is_my_favorite/

Anyone have experience with Migro? the PPF output on them is a fraction of the HLG 4x2 lights.

I have those AC Infinity IONBEAM UV lights, for some UVA side lighting. too. It adds a lot of purples into my plants. I also have the full-spectrum lights, too. they’re pretty bright for side lighting. work real nice with the 69pro controller. So. There’s yet another option for ya!

Yeah, there are a lot of ‘right answers’. Tech has come far enough that it’s pretty much all better than it was a couple years ago, with the hps & blurples.

The new el-cheapo clip on fans have batteries in them, a low burst mode setting, and USB-C charger/power connector. They’re great if you lose power, they’ll keep going for a while. My electric company seems to knock us offline once a week lately “fixing stuff”. so they say.

Just picture what your end goal is… 4x4 or 4x2 tent. light. exhaust fan/filter if wanted. humidifier. dehumidifier. fan. net. tote full of soil. or water. or fabric grow bags on a plastic shoe tray. or some fancy self-watering bases.

Carbon Filters totally work. I run a 4" inline exhaust fan for my basement, and the house has zero smell, except my gf smoking with the windows closed n door open. They usually come with a refill, too. change it out after 6mo/1yr whenever it starts smelling again.

I have a 4x2 tent right now, haven’t even used it. If I was going to set it up… I’d put an EVO3 in there, and side lights, n call it good. that 69pro controller is great, with the fans attached too. simple is better. I really like having a kasa wifi power strip, and the kasa nanny cam, too. and my rainpoint auto-water pump. “hey alexa, water the plants” and it does it.

Got everything ordered- Went with ACI 4x2 6 foot tall and 2 vivaspectra pro xs1500s

What do you guys think about setting up an AC infinity 4x2 with the fan outside like this?
I went with the 6 inch cloudline model so I don’t think it would have any issue with moving the air.

I ordered two clip on ACI fans for the inside (probably only need one) so we’ll have plenty of air moving aroundinside the tent.

I have shelving literally right next to it- doesn’t make sense to me to mount it inside with this kind of garage setup.

Any thoughts?
To me this is literally the same setup but with a couple of feet of hose to bring it outside…seems legit.

@Ris - Glad I changed to the 6 inch thanks man!

2 Likes

Did you get an inline filter?
If not just move it to the other side of the fan. But this will work and save you some precious space up top :+1:

1 Like

I got the whole 6 inch pro kit with carbon filter and pro controller

edit- wouldn’t we want the filter before the fan though? clean air into the fan? Or does it work better pushing the air through the filter instead of pulling it?

1 Like