Suggestions for a new grow tent. Preferably inexpensive 2×4

Looking for a new tent to replace this old light leaking hermie inducer. I know you get what you pay for but I also know that there is some great light proof tents for under 100$ Any suggestions would be great :+1::smiley: thanks.

8 Likes

I have a Vivosun 4x2 that works great. It’s just at $100 (less on Walmart.com).

Edit: You can always find cheaper, off-brands on both Amazon and Walmart, but as you noted, you often get what you pay for. Not to say that there aren’t some good ones for cheaper, just make sure to do the research if you go that route.

3 Likes

Thanks, any light leaks, zipper problems or anything else that you dislike or would change?

1 Like

Nothing from that aspect. The biggest issue I have with the 4x2 that I have (and most that I’ve seen) is the height of the tent. It tends to be shorter than other sizes.

2 Likes

Right, I have a 70inch tall one that I definitely have needed more room. But it was my first grow and didn’t know how much they would stretch.

1 Like

My friend, PNW Strainhunter, uses these zazzy tents, but I have not used them personally
https://www.amazon.com/Zazzy-Plant-Growing-Hydroponic-Indoor/dp/B074J4M31X

3 Likes

Have seen them before but many reviews on light leaking and pinhole. Thanks. I appreciate your help

2 Likes

Pinholes are easy to fix… zippers and velcro not so much.

I setup a new tent, turn all the lights on in room. Get inside zip it up, as my eyes adjust I see the pinholes. Push my finger on it and explain stitching or whatever to my helper. They then hit it with the end of a tube of black rtv silicone available at any auto parts store.

Squeeze just enough pressure to bring silicone to just barely protrude. Dab it where the pinholes are. Black on black… and you can only see it if looking for it.

Your DIY grease monkey tip of the day…

9 Likes

I do the same. Every tent I have gets the RTV treatment. But yes, zippers make or break a tent. The only tents I have never heard a negative review from friends about were gorilla tents, but they are just too darn expensive :grimacing:

2 Likes

I only have Gorillas… lite line and regular. The lite line had lots of pinholes in stitching, but the zippers are solid.

The regular heavier Gorilla… it’s the shit.

I have to work in my room during lights out, so I also strung up blackout curtains I pull across for redundancy.

3 Likes

I too have to be in the room when light off and also strung up some curtains. Kinda made me feel like my LED lights were going on or something else making hermie. Little bit of a leak will keep em awake in lights out , didn’t know how easy it was to get hermie from leaks.

3 Likes

I like Vivosun and spider farmer

2 Likes

For the quality and price ac infinity is the way to go

7 Likes

I have a vivosun and I think it was 100 bucks. I’m very happy with it. Heavy duty zipper and has a window. And no light leaks

2 Likes

I get around the pinhole light leaks by buying clearance blackout curtains to drape over the tent. Helps with temp swings and camouflages it some too. Looks more like furniture covered by a cloth than a grow tent to the untrained eye.

6 Likes

The spyder farmer has served me well and was the tallest in the 4x2 dimensions that I found.

It’s not perfect but no hermies that I could blame on the tent. Just that one time my wife opened it up durring lights out to let them “breathe” because she wanted to turn off the fans :joy:

2 Likes

Im partial to AC Infinity, but i suppose that makes sense. If you decide to go AC Infinity, head over to the sponsored section and look me up.

2 Likes

I also vote for AC infinity. Remember a knock off 2x2 that @marq1340 ,iirc was a fan of it was an ac tent with a different name. It was 2000D. Good luck

Edit: marq is on RIU

1 Like

I also have a knock off tent, I’m thinking it’s a vivosun with a different name. I was searching for it and found a place that makes them and they will place any Logo you give them on the tent so I imagine most tents with green seems and green poles are all the same exact company that makes it. Good tent for the price 2 years ago but it’s gotta go, might pour Gasolina on and shoot roman candles at it … I’ll post it if I can

Wait, what is 2000D ? The material? And how do I know what to look for