History of Overgrow.com

Lord voldemort. Or candyman candyman candyman!

4 Likes

Thanks for all your hard work!

3 Likes

Wow no wonder my old post and handle (Master@Work) are gone and I can’t log in… I was around here back in 2000 to 2004. Was hoping to find my old archives but guess they are all gone :joy:

5 Likes

Hey guys,
So I was looking at some books I had downloaded and while I was looking through it I happened to stumble upon this. Looks a tad bit old though. Some kind of grow bible book.
Nice too see that we have been around for a while. Just thought I would share the find
Happy growing everyone !!

15 Likes

Nice find.
can you up it on some filesharing site ?
DS

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Any original OG members back?

You guys ever meet a new plug and the first trans? It kind of feels like that. If I had not been in a legal state and a med card holder I would not have taken the chances. Simple as that. Too much to lose.

I love this site and your ideas and philosophy. I so glad I found you guys. The state went legal last December and I have been giving away what seed I have to people who wanted to grow. Unfortunately that was never of known genetics. Going forward that will be changing. Glad you guys are up again. Somewhat happy to have missed the first round.

–cz–

7 Likes

Welcome O-B! I like the way all the legal states in the eastern half of the country are Northern states. maybe winter makes us smarter? :smile::smile:

3 Likes

Stumbled on to some old “grow” stuff I had squirreled away. Bring back any memories for anyone? If anyone wants any of this stuff I’d be happy to make it available.

10 Likes

Hey @Prince, any chance you have some Higher resolution copies of that Overgrow landing page screen shot?

1 Like

@Weedmaps
Sorry, I don’t think so but I’ll look

3 Likes

I’ve got an old hard drive someplace that may have some of the old OG on it, if it will still fire up and run that is. I wonder if we see the full on end of prohibition if Archive.org will ever bring OG back. It was there for a long while after the shut down but it finally disappeared from there too. While some of it would surely be dated at this point it would make for a fun stroll down memory lane.

4 Likes

@LemonadeJoe has og been back since 2016?!?!?!?!!

3 Likes

Yes, we went live in August 2016 so exactly 10 years after the demise of OG1.0.

7 Likes

Lj and Crew,
I thank you for the love and dedication you have all shown!!! This site has changed my life!! Made me a better person and has allowed me to meet amazing people!
Love, peace, chicken grea…I mean love and peace…I need the chicken grease for gravy!

14 Likes

Very cool stuff. The crazy thing is I was never part of it… I did end up on home brewing beer forums and I’m surprised I didn’t think of growing, and I loved forums. I was sort of a loner where I was in regards to smoking pot… I knew nobody anymore my age that was from the old days. So, I never heard of OG.

Was there ever any indication of any of the members being hassled? Maybe I read where they actually never seized that info?

OG seems to be doing pretty well these days. It’s a clean site. Nothing to hide really.

I hope the powers that be, in regards to our freedom, realize that this site is also a wonderful example of a civilized community built on trust, giving, and empathy. I sure can’t think of another place like this. I get incredible energy coming here and talking with like minded people from all over the world.

Long live Overgrow!

10 Likes

Not that I know of… We would have probably known by this time because members at the time migrated as refugees to other forums.

5 Likes

Yeah, that’s what I was thinking, too… It seems that information would have made it onto the other forums since that’s how everyone finally found out about the closing.

So, did OG just get caught up in their seed business bust or was OG sort of set up to make it all happen easier? Cool stories.

3 Likes

When og went down there were very few sites like it so it stood out much more then It does now. The overgrow the government movement gained alot of attention and when Marc Emery went down everything around him was affected. He was a thorn in the side of the government and they made a example out of him and the site was a bonus. RC didn’t seem to get in any trouble though and still lives in Canada, thankfully he is no longer involved in the site , I wouldn’t be here if he was.

7 Likes

I was here During those days… I’m using same screen name i was a regular at Overgrow, Cannabis World,As well i had an “EZ-Board” site Called The Growers Gallery, was involved With JRS, and Med seed project as well.Also worked with others at Cannabis Compassion Corner…This was back in the heyday of weed meets internet…I ran my site off of a server on a small island Tokelau off of New Zealand— at one point all sites went down except a few of us smaller ones then it was over took till recently for it to come back----

2 Likes